• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud Vision: Judge/Shanks Exclusive Interview

Thanks to Mesh for the heads up on this one,

From Loud Vision:

http://www.loudvision.co.uk/stargate.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Stargate SG-1
    Exclusive interview with Michael Shanks and Chris Judge

So, as we head into an eighth year of adventures for the SG-1 team, are there any chances of a ninth?

MS: Well, never say never. We were happy to go back to do Season 8 – the numbers in the US are, apparently, growing. So, who knows. Everybody knows that when something has yet to reach its peak, companies are loathed to axe it. We’ll have to wait and see. The lucrative side of the show wasn’t in question, in terms of whether or not it was financially feasible. Having said that, at this point, after eight years of a show, it might just not be financially feasible anymore.

We really take every year as it comes. I mean, I took the seventh season with the notion that it was going to be the last as well, like after leaving for a year, then coming back, and thinking, “Well, it’s just one year of the show,” and I happily signed on for another one. So, it certainly depends on how things go. I’m certainly enjoying it at this point. So long as you’re continuing to tell good stories, and so long as you’re happy in your work, then there’s no reason that I can think of not to sign on for another year.

CJ: Well, the great thing is that you know that when you reach a plateau, you know that it’s going to go down from there. We’re still ascending the mountain, so to speak. It’s like we’ve got brand new storylines, so we haven’t even had to rehash old stuff. So, you know, the show is still creatively growing. I’m not one of the decision makers, but so long as that atmosphere so prevails, there’s no reason to end it.

**snippity doo-dah**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Sounds like they don't mind to do another season
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      Sounds like they don't mind to do another season
      Now if only they could get RDA to do it.
      Rocky

Comment

That website down?
        sigpic

Comment

I think if they keep the seasons going the way they are now, they would be fine.

I love how CJ was like "We are still skalling the mountain." Good line.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            That website down?
            Site works fine for me.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
              Site works fine for me.

Morjana
              Works now, must have been down the exact second I went to look.
              sigpic

Comment

I think a 9th year would be great, but only if RDA stayed in command (and therefore in the show). I also think that the team needs someone else, so it doesn't always feel as though RDA is missing. Jonas is perfect for that role, as it saves the writers having to invent a totally new character, and all the relationships (especially the relationship between Teal'c & Jonas that was so wonderful) are already in place.

BYE
                "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Amen, i would like Jonas to come back, even though we already have Daniel on the team, but hey, two smart people are better than one
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'd also like to see Jonas again, but the writers would need to come up with a rock solid reason to bring him back.
                    Rocky

Comment

FYI...there's a poll and thread about Season 9 in the General Discussion section.
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                        FYI...there's a poll and thread about Season 9 in the General Discussion section.
                        Thanks! Just cast my vote.
                        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          Amen, i would like Jonas to come back, even though we already have Daniel on the team, but hey, two smart people are better than one

Jonas is like a cross between Sam and Daniel....I don't think it would work out. But hey, I am for him coming back, I loved his character. Although he is still a very important character off-screen.....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

My first reaction was kind of snarky about CJ's "We haven't had to rehash old storylines." But then I thought about it, and I have to grant him that point.

There've certainly been tropes that've resurfaced, but I've not gotten the feeling of seeing the same story over again (for a contrasting example of this, one need only recall The X-files).

And there've been the infamous "homages", but they at least retell stories within the SG universe.

So, yeah. Point granted.
                            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                            --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Bringing back Jonas would obviously involve Kelwona (SP??) in some way. Personally I'd like to see the Gate connect, Sgt. Walter say "Receiving... Jonas Quinn's IDC?", Jack allow him to open the Iris, and then Jonas dive through with a few other people before screming "Close the Iris".

We then find out that Ba'al broke his promise and has come to Kelwona looking for the Naquadria, and that Jonas only had seconds to escape with a few people before the Stargate was found and taken by Ba'al's forces.

Saves us having to have an episode dealing with Kelwona politcis again, but it right away gives a reason for Jonas to stick around - now he REALLY can't go back.

BYE
                              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Working...
                              X