This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is so special about Earth?

Why is it that in 'Doctor Who' that aliens always seem to want to invade Earth? What is so special about a planet thats 72% water, crawling with billions of humans like something that has a disease, is heavily poluted, has a few million different diseases on it and is techologically inferior?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

I think it's just where the TV audience lives..

Comment

They (the Aliens) are big fans of Water Polo. So much so that they want to invade to control it.
      My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
      Build a Dalek
      Build a TARDIS
      Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
      The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Maybe it's our pop culture. I'm told it's absolutely faboo.

Comment

Depends on which alien you are talking about I suppose. The Cybermen had various reasons; sister world, planet that defeated them etc. Those aliens from the Christmas Invasion did it because it was a weak planet that had no spaceships or advanced tech to fight them. Some aliens crashed on Earth accidently and decided to take it over.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Because its a planet with alot of possible slaves and recourses...with no military to fight you (untill Torchwood anyway...BOOM)

Which do you attack, a planet thats gonna kick your ass or an easy target?
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

They see it as easy prey... yes they arn't bright
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                Why is it that in 'Doctor Who' that aliens always seem to want to invade Earth? What is so special about a planet thats 72% water, crawling with billions of humans like something that has a disease, is heavily poluted, has a few million different diseases on it and is techologically inferior?

Because small minded people can't look past their own society. sigh
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                  Because its a planet with alot of possible slaves and recourses...with no military to fight you (untill Torchwood anyway...BOOM)

Which do you attack, a planet thats gonna kick your ass or an easy target?
                  UNIT were there, with a hand full of men with guns, as effective as 2 SG teams (so sometimes they get slaughterd, sometimes they single handidly save the earth)
                  Hola

Hello

Comment

A few poeple with guns Verses a HUGE ship....
                    OR
                    A BIG ASS BEAM WEAPON verses a HUGE ship...

Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

UNIT normaly faced them after they had crashed and were working on foot.
                      Hola

Hello

Comment

I heard once (it may have been one of the books) that it was because Earth was somekind of crossroads of various dimensions and timelines that meant that it just drew everyone in. Something like that anyway. Fun to think about! ^_^
                        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
                          I heard once (it may have been one of the books) that it was because Earth was somekind of crossroads of various dimensions and timelines that meant that it just drew everyone in. Something like that anyway. Fun to think about! ^_^
                          I think it was referred to as a nexus point.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                            I think it was referred to as a nexus point.
                            That was it! Thanks!
                            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Yer its basically a universal Lay Line.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X