PDA

View Full Version : What is so special about Earth?

Billz
June 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Why is it that in 'Doctor Who' that aliens always seem to want to invade Earth? What is so special about a planet thats 72% water, crawling with billions of humans like something that has a disease, is heavily poluted, has a few million different diseases on it and is techologically inferior?

Scoobing
June 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I think it's just where the TV audience lives.. :D

Darkseid
June 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
They (the Aliens) are big fans of Water Polo. So much so that they want to invade to control it.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
June 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Maybe it's our pop culture. I'm told it's absolutely faboo. :D

Prior_of_the_Ori
June 12th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Depends on which alien you are talking about I suppose. The Cybermen had various reasons; sister world, planet that defeated them etc. Those aliens from the Christmas Invasion did it because it was a weak planet that had no spaceships or advanced tech to fight them. Some aliens crashed on Earth accidently and decided to take it over.

Blitz
June 13th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Because its a planet with alot of possible slaves and recourses...with no military to fight you (untill Torchwood anyway...BOOM)

Which do you attack, a planet thats gonna kick your ass or an easy target?

creed462
June 13th, 2006, 11:30 AM
They see it as easy prey... yes they arn't bright

GhostPoet
June 13th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Why is it that in 'Doctor Who' that aliens always seem to want to invade Earth? What is so special about a planet thats 72% water, crawling with billions of humans like something that has a disease, is heavily poluted, has a few million different diseases on it and is techologically inferior?

Because small minded people can't look past their own society. sigh

BC - 303
June 13th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Because its a planet with alot of possible slaves and recourses...with no military to fight you (untill Torchwood anyway...BOOM)

Which do you attack, a planet thats gonna kick your ass or an easy target?
UNIT were there, with a hand full of men with guns, as effective as 2 SG teams (so sometimes they get slaughterd, sometimes they single handidly save the earth)

Blitz
June 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM
A few poeple with guns Verses a HUGE ship....
OR
A BIG ASS BEAM WEAPON verses a HUGE ship...

:jack:

BC - 303
June 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM
UNIT normaly faced them after they had crashed and were working on foot.

Rowana
June 14th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I heard once (it may have been one of the books) that it was because Earth was somekind of crossroads of various dimensions and timelines that meant that it just drew everyone in. Something like that anyway. Fun to think about! ^_^

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
June 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I heard once (it may have been one of the books) that it was because Earth was somekind of crossroads of various dimensions and timelines that meant that it just drew everyone in. Something like that anyway. Fun to think about! ^_^I think it was referred to as a nexus point.

Rowana
June 15th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I think it was referred to as a nexus point.

That was it! Thanks! :D

Metarock Sam
June 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Yer its basically a universal Lay Line.