"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Anyone looking forward to the new mini-series The 4400. It looks pretty decent, but for some reason U.S. mini-series aren't shown very often in Australia. We get them on DVD though.

I am! It looks really interesting. We'll see in July.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Looks kind of dull to me, they get sent back, they don't remember anything at first, little things trigger their memories that was partially erased, thats what i bet may happen, but of course, i'll have to wait
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought the concept sounded kinda stupid, but the commercials actually have me curious. I'm pretty sure it'll still be stupid, but I may tune in anyway. Besides, it isn't as if there's anything BETTER to watch these days.

Comment

I'll probably give it a shot because it's the product of some of the Deep Space Nine people like Ira Behr, Rene Echevarria and Robert Hewitt Wolfe (who wrote hour 5).

There's a a semi-review (no real spoilers) and Q&A with Robert Hewitt Wolfe at:

http://enterline2.tripod.com/id34.html

I also note that RHW will probably be answering questions as this thing airs over at his usual hangout, www.exisle.net (a great board, btw).
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I would rather watch The Simpsons, which is on at the sametime, haha... But if people say its interesting, i'm pretty sure USA will repeat it

Comment

Reminds me of "Encounters of the Third Kind" at the very end, when everyone returns.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Matt Roush gives The 4400 a pretty good review...

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/roush/review/

An excerpt:

If The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits had ever dabbled in miniseries, the result might have been something as mindteasingly enjoyable as The 4400, an "event series" continuing on Sundays through August 8. Judging from the two-hour opener, this is the summer treat many of us have been waiting for. The 4400 refers to the thousands of people who, over the course of decades, mysteriously vanished in a white glare of light. The story kicks in as all 4400 return en masse, emerging from the mist of a strange comet. None has aged a day, and no one remembers a thing.

This is science fiction with a soul, following the painful readjustment of "returnees" to their disrupted lives while paranoid government types investigate the bizarre circumstances of their absence. The likeliest scenario: alien abduction, a theory given credence when some of the formerly missing exhibit strange new psychic abilities, including healing and precognition.

I particularly like the "science fiction with a soul" part.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Sounds awesome.

Comment

I'll watch it. The concept sounds intriguing. I usually mess around and miss the second night of miniseries. This is a miniseries, is't it?
                    "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Yeah, it's a mini-series. It apparently has the potential to turn into a TV series, though.

Comment

This is a "limited series". Its on tonight guys! Dont forget!
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I'm having trouble if i should watch it or not

Comment

It looks interesting. Sadly instead of picking it up at the same time as the US, SPACE in Canada has decided to air the Stallone movie "Daylight"....

If I hear good things I may obtain it in the near future.

Comment

But i still stand by my guess about the show being like all the other 'abduction' mini-series's, i really liked Taken though

Comment

Working...
                              X