No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Futon Critic reported that 7.4 million viewers (a 5.7 household rating) spent two hours on Sunday night watching the original series debut, beating a previous record held by USA's The Dead Zone, which was created by another Star Trek alumnus, Michael Piller. "

Ratings like that there is surely going to be more episodes made.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I just saw the second episode this sunday, wow, i totally love the show!
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

FWIW, USA will be running the entire six-episode series this Sunday: all five previous eps and ending with the final ep.

I actually haven't read this thread yet as I don't want to be spoiled for it, but it's been my impression that the series has been well-received? I've been banking it on the DVR to blow an entire weekend day/night on it. I have to either watch it or delete it soon...I've got to make room for more SG1/SGA.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Is tomarrow the last the 4400 episode? (Sunday)

Comment

Unfortunately it is. I'm hoping that USA will turn this into a series cause I really like it.

Comment

Ah-! Cables limited series are all ending soon, first the 4400, and now the grid, i'm missing my shows I hope too the 4400 returns as a week to week show I love it.

Comment

Okay, started watching the stuff recorded on the DVR last night (I gotta make room for more Stargate! ) There were some major, major plot holes/totally unrealistic goofs in the first episode, but I got over it. Otherwise, pretty enjoyable. It's fun playing the "name the Stargate guest star", although I'm driving my husband nuts. It's like "punch-buggy". (and I just soooo totally dated myself...)

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

What were the major plotholes you found?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    What were the major plotholes you found?
                    Well....spoiler space for The 4400:

1) The nations of the world lauch missles at the incoming object. Missiles that hit it within a matter of minutes (at least within "20 minutes", I think). The next scene shows the object speeding towards Earth from behind the Moon. How long did it take us to get from the Earth to the Moon? About four or five days, right? I know we've come a long way with rocket technology, but last I checked, no nation on Earth got a subspace generator. But what do I know?

2) The missles on Earth are targeted to specific targets. If not, they are targeted to terrestrial trajectories. I would like to believe that we humans have the ability to reprogram and retarget them - worldwide - to hit a moving target beyond the Moon within twenty minutes, but...

3) At first it's a comet. Then an incoming "object", maybe an asteroid. Then somehow a trajectory is plotted that shows a sharp downward turn towards the surface of the planet before a change in speed is detected. Cute.

4) Somehow the news media had that trajectory available to them and were able to be there before the Agents. Maggots. My opinion, of course, but if something like this really were to happen within the timespan of 30 minutes, the first we'd ever hear about it would be when neighbors of the silos call their local talk radio station to say "Hey, did you see that?" We were able to see the space shuttle Columbia disaster happen live, but we knew that was coming in and when it did happen, all they initally reported was that there was a "problem". It took at least thirty minutes after the loss of data for NASA to confirm the disaster.

5) If 4400 people all of a sudden appeared out of nowhere and it became evident that they had disappeared at various points throughout modern history, I would like to think that "we" wouldn't allow them access to CNN and/or newspapers and magazines within a day or two until they'd had a chance to see a counselor...or two...or three.

6) The lead investigator should never have been allowed to interview his nephew alone or even to be present. Ever. Conflict of interest. Too close to the source.

I could go on, but it would make it sound even more like I didn't like it. I did. I'm just being mean. It's tv scifi, after all. You want me to nitpick Stargate?

Some of that was setup for the plot...if the people weren't set loose, they never could have wreaked havoc and our investigators would have had less to do. I just don't like it when "Hollywood" fudges scientific facts (like the missiles) or other issues (like basic investigative protocols) when they don't have to.

Comment

s
                      p
                      o
                      i
                      l
                      e
                      r
                      s
                      p
                      a
                      c
                      e
                      i
                      f
                      n
                      e
                      e
                      d
                      e
                      d

ok... am I the only one who has more questions now than I did an hour ago? I don't know if that is good or bad. The trees bowing... that was really strange to me. I wasn't sure what that meant. All I kept thinking was "Anti-Christ"? and turning my previous theories rip roaring upside down. Suppose ... Lily's baby is the AC and Collier and Shawn are two of the 4400 sent to deal with the problem (the catastrophe that is coming)

I think I am still missing something. How does Nox tie into it all? He's still sitting in that holding cell right?

sheesh. the suspense is getting to me. But hey I like it

"We came through and once more saw the stars." - Dante

Karen

Comment

SPOILERS for finale

Actually, I was thinking that the baby was a last-minute addition when they realized things with Kyle(?) went wrong. Maybe the baby is the new conduit? Not that it'll be much use as a baby. Anti-christ, though, that's an interesting theory. I'm just SO tired of the "evil baby" cliche.

Anyone else notice the "Giant Replicator" in the scene with the hot dog stand? hehe That's the MacMillan Space Centre, right? Been there a few times. Cool place.

Comment

I didn't really care for the ending. I feel there are too many unanswered questions for a mini-series. Maybe it is just me, but I thought that there was going to be more to the episode because after the last scene; they went into a commercial, instead of running the credits. I thought they would continue, or wrap up the story, instead they run the credits. Blah. Unless the 4400 is being made into a series, I think the finale was a bit weak.

Comment

It was being touted as a "season finale" so I assume there is more on the way. Otherwise, yes, it was a lousy conclusion.

Comment

My thoughts on the finale:

AHHHHHHHHHH!! B******S!!!
                              S
                              p
                              o
                              i
                              l
                              e
                              r
                              s
                              p
                              a
                              c
                              e
                              for the nitpickers and unspoiled(you know who you are)
                              How could they end it like that--Kyle with the creep, the baby being born...and bending trees???If thats the series finale a few cosmic laws are being broken! Bah!!!
                              sigpic
                              Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                              "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Spoilers maybe!

I think zap2it.com said it was comming back. I wasn't too 'wowed' by the finale, i didn't like how Sean ended up at that 4400 safe haven place with that evil dude. Question, will that person with the baby loose her abilities when the baby is born?

Comment

Working...
                                X