No announcement yet.

"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch the two hour premiere tonight? I thought it was pretty good, kept my attention. I wasn't blown away but liked it well enough that I'll try and catch the next episode. I didn't see Taken so can't tell you how this compares.

Garwin Sanford ("Narim" on SG-1) had a small role in the two-hour premiere.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E
    Sadly the BWC seems to follow him because his character died.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Ah-HA! That WAS Garwin! I thought so, but the TV is at a funny angle from the comp.

I missed the first half hour. I hope they re-air it at some point. With all the spamming they've been doing to promote this thing I was actually shocked that they didn't immediately re-air it at 11. I'd been kinda counting on that. *sigh* Ah well. Looks interesting. I'm a bit tired of the Darling Little Child with Awesome Powers cliche, but we'll see how it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Ah-HA! That WAS Garwin! I thought so, but the TV is at a funny angle from the comp.

I missed the first half hour. I hope they re-air it at some point. With all the spamming they've been doing to promote this thing I was actually shocked that they didn't immediately re-air it at 11. I'd been kinda counting on that. *sigh* Ah well. Looks interesting. I'm a bit tired of the Darling Little Child with Awesome Powers cliche, but we'll see how it all works out.
        What did they air at 11? I was going to watch it, because yah, like you said, USA usually re-airs new things at 11 (10 for me), but yah, i missed it So in this series, theres a child with powers? Is it similar to Taken at all?
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

They didn't air it again at 11:00 but they did air it at 12:00 a.m. so I got to watch the first 15 minutes that I had missed. I thought it was pretty good. I love Joel Gretsch. And poor Garwin. Looks like that BWC has followed him out of the Stargate universe.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Ok, that sucked, i missed it by an hour. I was sitting down drinking my drpepper during that time! Oh well, i'm sure one of my friends can fill me in

Comment

How many episodes are there gonna be?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                How many episodes are there gonna be?

I think it runs for 4 more weeks - one hour episodes.

I thought it was pretty good & I'm not much for alien abduction stories (I still haven't seen Taken).

Comment

I thought it was okay. Kinda slow. Couldve been lots better. I'll keep watching though.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I thought it was pretty good.

SPOILERS
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -
                    -

It will be interesting to see what powers the others have. So far it seems that each person has a different ability. I liked the way they worked in how society had changed since they had been gone and how they really didnt have anywhere to go now. I dont know if anybody here has seen it, but it reminds me of a movie called "Flight of the Navigator" that came out in the 80's.

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10.

Comment

I caught a glimpse of this one part of the first episode, where glass shatters, and stuff, but since it was only a glimpse, i didn't know what was going on, i was guessing it was one of the abducted peoples powers or something, anyone know what i'm talking about? Haha...

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
                        I thought it was pretty good.

SPOILERS
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -
                        -

It will be interesting to see what powers the others have. So far it seems that each person has a different ability. I liked the way they worked in how society had changed since they had been gone and how they really didnt have anywhere to go now. I dont know if anybody here has seen it, but it reminds me of a movie called "Flight of the Navigator" that came out in the 80's.

Overall I give it a 7 out of 10.

You're dealing with someone who was a Flight of the Navigator addict as a kid. As I haven't seen that film for ages it'll certainly be wierd revisiting that concept, but it might be worth catching
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Bonnie Hammer's having a good week - great ratings for the two-hour premiere of "The 4400". An excerpt from the article at ---

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89367|1|,00.html

More than 4400 people returned from alien abductions for USA's "The 4400" and fortunately for the cable network, they seem to have brought some friends. The show debuted on Sunday (July 11) and became the highest-rated and most-watched new series premiere ever on basic cable.
                          The two-hour premiere of what is currently seen as a six-hour series event drew a 5.7 household rating and a 3.5 rating among adults 18-49. Overall, 7.4 million people watched "The 4400."

"We're thrilled with the extraordinary response to 'The 4400' from critics as well as viewers," says Bonnie Hammer, president, USA Network. "Its success is a result of a great product enhanced by creative marketing and strong on-air promotion ? in other words, the total collaboration of a great team."

Comment

Oh, and if you missed the premiere there's a few more opportunities to catch it. The schedule for July (all times USA ET)

JUL 15 08:00 PM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2
                            JUL 16 02:00 PM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2
                            JUL 17 12:00 AM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2
                            JUL 18 01:00 PM THE 4400 (PREMIERE) PILOT, PT. 1 & 2

JUL 18 09:00 PM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM
                            JUL 21 01:00 AM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM
                            JUL 23 01:00 PM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM
                            JUL 24 12:00 AM THE 4400 THE NEW & IMPROVED CM

JUL 25 09:00 PM THE 4400 BECOMING
                            JUL 28 01:00 AM THE 4400 BECOMING
                            JUL 30 12:30 PM THE 4400 BECOMING
                            JUL 31 12:00 AM THE 4400 BECOMING

Comment

I was surprised by the first episode, not the episode itself, but that I liked it enough to watch it twice. Sometimes the storyline is a little bit shakey in the first of several episodes, but as miniseries go, this one seems ok.I found Michael Moriarity's appearance to be disturbing.Not his appearance in the show, but the way he looks. Was he made up to look older, or is that the way he looks. If it was make up it was terrible, if it wasn't, I hope he is under a doctors care.And, I see brothers at odds over the blond neighbor before it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                                Garwin Sanford ("Narim" on SG-1) had a small role in the two-hour premiere.

I'm watching the re-run of the pilot episode right now.

So far, I've also recognized Darryl Shuttleworth, Erick Brekker, Terry Chen and Jocelyne Loewen (Chloe from "Avenger 2.0"). The series was filmed in Vancouver, so you KNOW there's going to be a lot of familiar faces...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X