This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series 28 Finale Speculation Thread - SPOILERS

Ok, so its been said that Army of Ghosts and Doomsday will be a war between the Cybermen and the Daleks. Does anyone ACTUALLY believe this? In the same way that Davros was accredited to be in Parting of the Ways... I really think its just a bluff. With any other show I might accept it, but RTD is better than that, and I dont think he'd allow the Daleks back so quickly. All we know is that its an enemy from the doctor's past and the cybermen, right? (please someone confirm). PERSONALLY I'd have thought the Gelth would be a likely choice... after all... wouldnt it solve all their problems to inhabit a cybernetic body? They would also fit with the idea of BEING ghosts...

Tis just a thought. But of course its possible that the ghosts could be related to the beast, but I prefer the idea of the Gelth returning.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Its set in the Torchwood Institute, there are going to be scenes involving Derek Acora, Trisha, and Peggy Mitchell. We are ging to see the leader of Torchwood (Tracy Anne-Oberman), and the production block for Age of Steel and Rise of The Cybermen has yet to be fully aired, and it is expected to be these two eps.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett:
      Ok, so its been said that Army of Ghosts and Doomsday will be a war between the Cybermen and the Daleks. Does anyone ACTUALLY believe this? In the same way that Davros was accredited to be in Parting of the Ways...
      I haven't even seen the beginning of DW/Season 28 yet, so I can't say or even try to speculate. However, in "Parting of the Ways" I don't think that was Davros as the Emperor Dalek. I think the two are two separate entities/persons. (Michael Wisher portrayed Davros in most, if not all of the Davros eps.)

But I do believe that there are other daleks roaming the universe, besides the ones that fought in the Time Wars, or besides the ones who survived or *chickened out* of the wars, like the one in the "Dalek" episode revealed...

Comment

Yes, but Davros was credited on IMDB as being in Parting of The Ways before it first aired. It was misdirection. I think thats happening again.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
          (Michael Wisher portrayed Davros in most, if not all of the Davros eps.)
          Wrong. Michael Wisher only played Davros in Genesis of the Daleks. It is Terry Malloy who has portayed Davros the most and would play him again if offerd.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Congrats on 1000 posts BTW Flying Officer Bennett

So, lets see ...

Doomsday, especially, sounds like it might have something to do with the recent ep (The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit) ... although that might just be wishful thinking on my part

Cybermen? Daleks? That's what the Sun says anyway and we all know what a reliable source they are [/sarcasm]
            The producers have said that there might be a climax between the Doctor and the Cybermen ... and maybe a Dalek ... although he has also said that there will be no Daleks in this season

It might be a face-off between the Doctor and Torchwood. This has been forshadowed throughout the series and might be a subplot if not the main arc

Gelth? Maybe, but they don't seem a major-enough villain

The Face of Boe?! Maybe he'll finally tell his secret?

In the previous season, The Long Game was leading up to the finale, so maybe the finale has already been led up to in the same way? (The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit? Maybe?)

Comment

I'd say that only the cybermen or beast eps could really be the ones that lead up to it. What bothers me is Torchwood. None of the references to Torchwood except the Tooth & Claw one have apeared especially threatening. In fact the last one made them seem like good guys. I just cant see Torchwood being badies...

And thanks Wraith! :-D

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well considering the fact there will be a whole spinoff series about Torchwood I doubt they will be bad at all. I think we will have the first half of the two parter with Torchwood and the Doctor being enemies and by the end of the two parter they will be best of freinds. (Fingesr crossed Captain Jack will come back !!!)
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Instead of head on-confrontation I'm thinking a situation like this may develop.

1. Some kind of bad situation
                  2. TorchWood and The Doctor have different ideas on how to resolve it.
                  3. TorchWood will do something they think is right but really playing into the evil hands of whoever and The Doctor must find a way to defeat whoever in x hours.

Comment

*rolls eyes*

To be an enemy Torchwood doesnt necessarily HAVE to be bad "take over the world" people.

They Might see the Doctor as the bad guy...and want to eliminate him...
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

And the interesting question is, perhaps he can be viewed as a Bad Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing
                        Instead of head on-confrontation I'm thinking a situation like this may develop.

1. Some kind of bad situation
                        2. TorchWood and The Doctor have different ideas on how to resolve it.
                        3. TorchWood will do something they think is right but really playing into the evil hands of whoever and The Doctor must find a way to defeat whoever in x hours.
                        Sounds good to me....
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

So it's about ghosts, supposedly. The Earth is invaded by ghosts
                          I'm hoping that the Beast storyline will be involved somehow *crosses fingers*

But in Doctor Who Confidential, RTD said it was going to be a more Sci-fi episode in contrast to The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, which were more Doctor-centered. Was it just me or did he say something about 'Hell unleashed'?

Otherwise, the involvement of Cybermen has been heavily hinted at by the producers (However, the Cybermen have only been seen in an AU so far ...), and the appearence of Daleks has been speculated on.

And Torchwood is going to play a big part

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa:
                            I haven't even seen the beginning of DW/Season 28 yet, so I can't say or even try to speculate. However, in "Parting of the Ways" I don't think that was Davros as the Emperor Dalek. I think the two are two separate entities/persons. (Michael Wisher portrayed Davros in most, if not all of the Davros eps.)
                            Originally posted by Metarock Sam:
                            Wrong. Michael Wisher only played Davros in Genesis of the Daleks. It is Terry Malloy who has portayed Davros the most and would play him again if offerd.
                            thank you for pointing that out. Those mental cobwebs have gotten in the way!
                            Because it's been over ten years since I've seen any Davros eps, I wasn't sure.

I did find the following actor portrayals of Davros on Wikipedia:
                            Michael Wisher
                            David Gooderson
                            Terry Molloy

Also, (thanks to whoever on Wikipedia,) in case anyone was wondering about DW's earthly companion Adam being a well-preserved Davros because of the third eye, unless Adam got wisked away by some E.T. force, Davros was a Kaled... of which his "Dalek" creations are a clever anagram of "Kaled".

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett:
                            ..but Davros was credited on IMDB as being in Parting of The Ways before it first aired. It was misdirection. I think thats happening again.
                            Depending on how one interprets Wikipedia - it states/confirms that the Emperor Dalek was not Davros in "Parting of The Ways". However, Davros was referred to as being a "genius" in the "Dalek" ep.

Regarding the DW, Season 28 "Doomsday" ep, based on what I have read, I'd guess that Rose has a very important role in the course of events.

Originally posted by Blitz:
                            To be an enemy Torchwood doesnt necessarily HAVE to be bad "take over the world" people.

They Might see the Doctor as the bad guy...and want to eliminate him...
                            Someone is almost always out to eliminate the Doctor...

Speaking of "Torchwood" and whether or not any of this makes any sense... somewhere also on wikipedia, "Torchwood" is apparently an anagram of "Doctor Who" with the Doctor having a potential role in there somehow - upon occasion. If Jack has a major role at Torchwood, why would the Doctor be deemed as dangerous to fellow agents at the institute?

Afterall, the Doctor has been Unit's leading intelligence expert for eons before (several lifespans). And that international software system (in the "Aliens of London" ep) searching for his very name wouldn't have put him in a top priority position if he was a threat to earth in any form..??

Comment

Ok, i've just seen the trailer to Army of ghosts and all i can say it OMG, were screwed,

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Working...
                              X