This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was wrong with #9

What was wrong with doctor #9 Christpher Eccleson (SP) that they had to replace him.i never saw the show before it was on sci fi but rather enjoyed his acting.

agreed i really liked the ninth doctor
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I believe Chris decided to leave the show. I'm sure he would still be around if he wanted to be, but he didn't so he was replaced by David Tennant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam
        I believe Chris decided to leave the show. I'm sure he would still be around if he wanted to be, but he didn't so he was replaced by David Tennant.
        Correct, he announced mid way thru the filming of his season that he'd not be back for a second series. TPTB did want him back.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

did he give any reason, was he unhappy with the wor, TPTB or just want a change in pace?

Comment

Someone told me somewhere before he was leaving to work on some movies. Not sure how true or not it is though.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*sigh* I know there are new people around but this is like the 4th thread started to ask this question.

He left, he wanted to, his decision, yes the BBC went off half cocked before he was ready to tell the world but still Chris chose to leave. End of discussion. *Again*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                *sigh* I know there are new people around but this is like the 4th thread started to ask this question.
                He left, he wanted to, his decision, yes the BBC went off half cocked before he was ready to tell the world but still Chris chose to leave. End of discussion. *Again*
                Not quite (sorry!). Just going to add that he (apparently) left to avoid being typecast.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                  Not quite (sorry!). Just going to add that he (apparently) left to avoid being typecast.
                  Well that was said in the other 4 threads and in the 9th Doctor thread and probably in a lot of other threads so excuse me for not being so anal.

Comment

Wow, sorry, I was just answering a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                      Actually that is the reason the BBC gave but he later announced that it was not the actual reason. I don't think we actually know the real reason.

Comment

Guys, we don't know why he left, nor are we likely to ever know. and, in fact, it's really none of our business. #9 is gone and #10 is a reality. Can't change it.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X