Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Threads Season 8 SPOILERS!! (a non-ship discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads Season 8 SPOILERS!! (a non-ship discussion)

You know this is gonna be a hotly anticipated episode for EVERYONE, especially with the shippy hints, but I really wanted to hear some more from folks about the whole Oma/Anubis connection. THIS has got me excited (personally I'm ambivalant about ship - it was cool when it was a secret, and had to be revealed by a zatarc detector, but anyway....) and the whole Ancients in the milky way story is definitely what I want to know more of -- the mythos, the background, the stories of these thousands-of-years-old races and their various dealings, and the effect these humans who only less than 10 years ago discovered they were all out there...

SO:

ANUBIS WENT TO KHEB!!

That is awesome since Maternal Instinct is one of my all-time faveorite SG-1 eps. It brings up the question -- how did he DO IT? The monk on Kehb wouldn't even let Bratac stay unless he was willing to remove his symboite (I think... it was very cryptic in a "I'm telling you what you want to hear" kind of way") so was Anubis just more clever? Was Anubis willing to "die"?

Absolutely cannot wait for this one, and its over 6 months away!! D'oh!
    Last edited by langdonboom; 03 August 2004, 06:02 AM.

The other story (about Jacob) might also be interesting. After what we saw in Death Knell, this might end up being just as serious as the story about Anubis. I'd rather them concentrate on these two stories instead of turning it into another Soapgate episode.

Comment

re: Anubis/Kheb- it could be that the whole "remove your symbiote" thing came about because of Anubis. Maybe Kheb was a lot more public- or at least less intentionally hidden way back in the day and Anubis stumbled across it and disaster ensued so Oma implemented various safety procedures and went about trying to shuffle Kheb off to the side of everyone's attention.

I can see a lot of possibilities, here.

One: Anubis's host is/was one of Oma's priests.
      Two: Anubis came to Oma, preaching love and kindness and Oma accepted him with open arms only to realize her mistake too late.
      Three: Anubis found Kheb and did a simple smash & grab, maybe finding out about Ascension in the process and making him more interested in the planet... and in the process.

Those are the three big ones, anyway, as far as my brain is currently able to think.

Comment

Why are you making one of these for? I already have made a discussion thread about it! We can still talk about it in my thread w/o the shipper crap.

Comment

Those are some great scenarios. I agree it's likely that since Anubis had been 'gone' for something like 10,000 years (what they said in "Summit") that Oma had long since put in safeguards against the goa'uld. That makes sense.

I really would love to see something like 1000s of years ago when the first Goa'uld rose up out of the swamps and took hosts and first ran into the other powerful beings in the galaxy.

My questions are: Did the goa'uld step into a 'vacuum' created by the ancients absense, or did they somehow struggle for power ever?

I hate to say this, but I'd love a prequel story or even series (though that might be stretching it) that adresses the early days of the goa'uld and what the universe looked like then.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
            Why are you making one of these for? I already have made a discussion thread about it! We can still talk about it in my thread w/o the shipper crap.
            Where is it? Sorry, I didn't see it and the other thread was bogged down in ship/anti-ship which isn't my cup of tea.

PS where is that creepy Predator/Jesus picture from?

Comment

Two: Anubis came to Oma, preaching love and kindness and Oma accepted him with open arms only to realize her mistake too late.
              I'll just add that this is my bet for what happened. But I hope its something none of us could even think of! (always better that way, no...?)

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                You created a thread for the discussion of Threads, yes, but it is being overwhelmed with shippers and anti-shippers, so a NEW thread was created which expressly forbids the discussion of ship.

Yes, discussion of the scifi elements could take place on the "other" thread, but it would be drowned out and hard to follow because of all the shippy stuff.

THIS way, those who want to talk ONLY about the actual plot stuff of the ep can do so... here. Everyone else can stick to the other thread.

Comment

Let's take it easy on the 'shipper crap' comments please. even though you may not like it, some do and they're just as entitled to their opinion as others

this isn't the first time we've had a ship/non-ship delineation of discussion threads.

please carry on discussing the non-ship angles of the episode
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

lockdown spiolers
                    as to the oma/nuby angle, this could be itneresting. it suggests that nuby got sick of being a popcicle and used his 'massive cosmic powers' and escaped where Sam & co sent him. and it also suggests that doing so attracted the attention of the other ascended...and maybe that kheb isn't just another planet but some sort of refuge.

it's also been suggested in the past that it's the mythical jaffa form of 'heaven'

this could very well be the final battle, so to speak, between nuby & oma and maybe soem answers about the ancients

i do have to admit that i'm a little concerned about jacob being in 'ill health'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yes, and so..... What's your take ShadowMaat??

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i do have to admit that i'm a little concerned about jacob being in 'ill health'

Do you mean like, maybe someone else might be ascending? Like Jacob?

Comment

And I wonder if its selmak or Jacob or both who's in trouble. A lot of catch-up to do on the lives of the Tok'Ra by the time this episode airs, if they don't mention them sooner.

I wonder how they're taking this Anubis defeat thing. They always did want more lesser powerful goa'ulds than one super-goa'uld.

Comment

I have a feeling Oma helped Anubis ascend, and perhaps it was after that that she became an outcast for the mistake, and then added an anti-goa'uld device in Kheb so that the mistake she made would not be repeated.
                            spook

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              I can see a lot of possibilities, here.

One: Anubis's host is/was one of Oma's priests.
                              Three: Anubis found Kheb and did a simple smash & grab, maybe finding out about Ascension in the process and making him more interested in the planet... and in the process.

Those are the three big ones, anyway, as far as my brain is currently able to think.
                              I see your options 1 or 2 to be most likely the possible solutions.

Anubis could have taken one of Oma's priests (or student) as a host and hid that fact until it was too late. This could have been the cause of Oma's 'outcast' status as well. Perhaps before Anubus' ascension, many Ancients trained others to ascend. Then, because of Anubus, many of the Ancients decided it was too risky anymore. Oma disagreed and was 'outcasted'. This may also be why the Ancients don't get involved anymore. Everytime they do, (Orlin for example) they cause bigger problems.
                              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X