Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a idea on the Asurans ('Progeny' SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a idea on the Asurans ('Progeny' SPOILERS)

Well I just had a idea in hot zone mackay said the virus was unlike any technology they have seen before, including the wraith and asurans. What if these nano bots that evolve into the people in Progeny were not actually design or built by the ancients, what if they just found the virus on unknown planet and the ancients figure that instead of creating their own virus from scratch they use this alien technology and this could explain several things, how the virus got out of hand they did fully understand the technology behind it, and why they refuse to reprogramme them, it would not because they did not want to but because they did not actually know how to, also it would solve that massive plot hole which the powers at be seemed willing to just let slip.

This idea which probably is not entirly original could lead to some interesting epidsodes, plot lines in the future, like who was this other race. And why did the ancient cover up the true origons to the people in progeny and could lead to a side of the anicents that we have not seen before. Like the ancients were not always good and indeed they made mistakes in their pass and did deeds that cause unemaginal destruction which the ancients could unlease, may be even how they use a weapon against this speices.

A weapon similar to the dakara device and that they were so guilty of what they did, relising that not of these people were not all evil and many were good and this could explain why they never use such a weapon against the wraith, in the the vague hope that their were good ones around or in fear that their were good ones around.

I do not know if this is entirly a original idea I just think it could bring some depth and variety to the ancient history and may be more reasons for the defeat at the hands of the wraith and may be even a other enemy could be added to the mix, also some more history of the pegusis galexy.
    Last edited by knowles2; 08 June 2006, 03:13 AM.

Because the writers already said the Ancients created them.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
      they "evolved" into ausurans, what the ancients found was probably a step in that evolution, or the original nanites were contained and evolved or mutated in the vile thing.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I was under the assumption the 'virus' (was it even a virus? I thought it was artificially made mini robots) was created by the Asurans to wipe out the Ancients.

By the way, there are these useful things called paragraphs, makes big walls of text eaiser to read
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
          I was under the assumption the 'virus' (was it even a virus? I thought it was artificially made mini robots) was created by the Asurans to wipe out the Ancients.

By the way, there are these useful things called paragraphs, makes big walls of text eaiser to read
          Except for the fact that the 'virus' didn't make people with the ancient gene sick, do your homework
          error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by metroid
            Except for the fact that the 'virus' didn't make people with the ancient gene sick, do your homework
            Erm, what makes you say that? It's been ages since I saw the episode but i'm pretty sure it made everyone sick. Rodney was sick, and in an earlier episode he flew a puddle jumper, so I assumed he had the gene.
            Last edited by Chutzpah; 08 June 2006, 02:29 AM.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
              The writers tell us what they want to know, if they do a similar story line as above then it would make sense to to do it over a period of time and reveal origon of the progeny people over a few episodes at lease but more likely over a few seasons, with hints along the way and clues to audience without telling to much in a episode to give the entire plot away, which could destroy the tention which could be built up. And telling the audiences about this story oudl mean it was not a secret.

Erm, what makes you say that? It's been ages since I saw the episode but i'm pretty sure it made everyone sick. Rodney was sick, and in an earlier episode he flew a puddle jumper, so I assumed he had the gene.
              No in the episode it was spacifically said that people with the ancient gene were not effective and I remember doctor becket said that they could use the gene therapy as a sought of vaccene to cure everyone but they did not have enough to save everyone lives including, so rodney came up with the electro magnetic pulse idea to disable the nano bots. And also becket as said that the gene therapy did not always take perminantly to people, it is possible although we have never been told this that beckett has develope a type of booster programme in which people can take regular doses of the gene therapy, of cause this would have time period where it would simply wear of.

Also it was in the spoilers that progeny people told the atlantis crew that they were created by the ancients but I explain this as simple lie the ancients
              told to the progeny people for some reason let to be reveal,, I just think as a overall arch this could lead to some interesting possibilities down the road to introduce a other enemy into the series and add a other dimension to the ancients, I would not of thought a race that live for fifty million years did not do some bad things in that time.

Also if the writers did choose to take this path they not going to reveal in spoiler or do i espect them to reveal it all in progeny or any time this season but may be in season 4 or five ot slowly reveal the true story.

I will also edit the first post to break into paragraphs, it was afterall half two in the morning.
              Last edited by knowles2; 08 June 2006, 03:23 AM.

Comment

The Asurans were nanites created by the Ancients to defeat the Wraith on a biological level. They evolved to become the Asurans.

The nanites did have an affect on those with the Ancient gene,they could see the ghosts as well, but it didn't kill them.

And the only reason Dr. Beckett didn't give it to everyone was because only a handful of the expedition were compatible with the Ancient gene, and it took 4 hours to take effect
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                  The Asurans were nanites created by the Ancients to defeat the Wraith on a biological level. They evolved to become the Asurans.

The nanites did have an affect on those with the Ancient gene,they could see the ghosts as well, but it didn't kill them.

And the only reason Dr. Beckett didn't give it to everyone was because only a handful of the expedition were compatible with the Ancient gene, and it took 4 hours to take effect
                  Which goes against what was said in Hot Zone in season one with McKay stating that the nanites in Hot Zone were not Ancient in origin.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii
                    Which goes against what was said in Hot Zone in season one with McKay stating that the nanites in Hot Zone were not Ancient in origin.
                    Exactly, so the solution for this plot hole could be solve by going down the road that the ancients was useing a other species technology for the bases of this weapon would leave the door open to nice stories to be told into the future, a some nice possibilities of introducing a other enemy or friend into the show, after the other race did not have to be wiped out or a enemy of the ancients, infact they could be friends to the ancients and helping them to develop weapons against the wraith, so many possibilities with this story.

Comment

WEIR: You did come across it in an Ancient lab. Ancient experiment

McKAY: What, so wiping out the Wraith's food supply was a last-ditch consideration? Wraith DNA is a combination of human and Iratus Bug, so it would naturally be able to kill both.

BECKETT: I don't believe that for a moment. The Ancients would never create something like this. That was Beckett's opinion. desperate times call for desperate measures.

McKAY: It doesn't explain the visions either. It was designed to attack the wraith, who are able to project visions. If the nanites were programmed to attack Wraith DNA then they could have had the ability to project Wraith like apparitions.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                        WEIR: You did come across it in an Ancient lab. Ancient experiment

McKAY: What, so wiping out the Wraith's food supply was a last-ditch consideration? Wraith DNA is a combination of human and Iratus Bug, so it would naturally be able to kill both.

BECKETT: I don't believe that for a moment. The Ancients would never create something like this. That was Beckett's opinion. desperate times call for desperate measures.

McKAY: It doesn't explain the visions either. It was designed to attack the wraith, who are able to project visions. If the nanites were programmed to attack Wraith DNA then they could have had the ability to project Wraith like apparitions.

well if you have look throught the entire transcript and at the end of it you of found this

WEIR: I know you did -- but you have to trust me.

SHEPPARD: I do!

WEIR: Do you?

(Rodney and Carson come in.)

McKAY: You guys have a minute? We've been able to spend some, uh, quality time with the, uh, nanovirus samples.

BECKETT: From what we can tell, they've all been incapacitated.

WEIR: Well, that's good news.

McKAY: Yes. Also, upon further investigation, I think we can rule out that they were created by the Wraith. They're different than any Wraith technology we've come across thus far.

SHEPPARD: If not the Wraith, then who made 'em?

McKAY: I honestly don't know -- but whoever they were, let's just hope that they're not still around.

WEIR: Let's hope.

Although that do not explicity rule out the ancients and do not neccessery rule out a other entirly different race being envolve with it either, also when I get a chance I will rewatch the dvd again because I am pretty it siad unlike any technology they have encounter before. My theory despite the new episodes and the hotzone could be fitted in quite easily. Also I would thought it would of mention the virus getting out of hand in the lab notes and also I would of thought the lab notes would contain information on how to create the virus in the first place, of cause the council could of destroy this knowlege but then why keep the lab operational and keep studying the virus, especually as the progeny people say the ancient sent a war fleet to destroy them, and it seem that asurans manage to fool the ancients into thinking they were gone so why keep the lab around for someone to find and for the nano bots to just evolve into the very enemy they just defeated.
                        see more plot holes keep on appear and a my idea probably solve them.

Comment

One thing I sort of agree on. It is kinda cheap that everything was created or was a result of some Ancient screwup, first Wraith, now this.

when I first read the spoilers, I was hoping the Asurans would be the creators of the nanovirus. It would have been alot more interesting.

Spoiler:

Comment

I thought the virus was created by the Ori not the Asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
                              I thought the virus was created by the Ori not the Asurans.
                              it was created by the ancients. The 'virus' was a side effect of the nanites programming. The plague was probably created by the Ori. The Asurans are the nanovirus.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X