PDA

View Full Version : what is sheppards middle name?

Dr Lee
June 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
i'd like to know this but i can't find anything on this anywhere.

i yhoink it's Eric

Major Tyler
June 7th, 2006, 10:35 AM
My money's on "Goat."

FoolishPleasure
June 7th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Going on three years we don't even know what city and/or state Sheppard is from. Does he have siblings or parents? Or did he evolve from Midichlorians? :D

Do we even care anymore? ;)

Lord Zedd
June 7th, 2006, 10:40 AM
John Homer Sheppard ??? :p Perhaps related to the simpsons ? :D

GateLadyM
June 7th, 2006, 10:45 AM
John "Hefner" Sheppard - with a scantily clad babe on each arm. :rolleyes:

prion
June 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Going on three years we don't even know what city and/or state Sheppard is from. Does he have siblings or parents? Or did he evolve from Midichlorians? :D

Do we even care anymore? ;)

On TV shows, you learn these things:

no one has a middle name unless it's essential (James T Kirk, and I think the T just made it sound better, or whatever)
no one has a religion (except for aliens)
no one votes (i.e., no is a democrat, republican, etc.)

However, as for Shep's backstory (which fans have been clamoring for since day one - who knows? they've promised us backstory in season 3 but I'm not holding my breath).

vaberella
June 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I like Charles or Malcolm, but I do have a thing for Frederic.

knowsfords
June 7th, 2006, 03:09 PM
John Indiana Sheppard... I swear he was a math teacher before the airforce.

Chutzpah
June 7th, 2006, 03:21 PM
John "Harquin Fim Tim Lim Bim Bus Stop Fatang Fatang Ole Biscuit Barrel" Sheppard.

Wilson3Girl
June 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM
John Jacob

Wilson3Girl

The Ori
June 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I'd say O'Neill!

vaberella
June 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
John Jacob

Wilson3Girl
Heimerschmit? Sheppard! :D :D :D

Wilson3Girl
June 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Heimerschmit? Sheppard! :D :D :D

Has a nice ring to it......:)

Wilson3Girl

Arctic Goddess
June 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM
John "Harquin Fim Tim Lim Bim Bus Stop Fatang Fatang Ole Biscuit Barrel" Sheppard.

That's hilarious, Chutzpah.

Since he's supposed to be Irish, I vote for James.

prion
June 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Given my druthers (whatever they are), I'd go for Paul.

Arctic Goddess
June 7th, 2006, 05:47 PM
How about: John "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch Ever Loving Jelly Bean" Sheppard?

jenks
June 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
How do we know he has a middle name?

freyr's mother
June 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM
I'm gonna have to go with John 'Kirk' Sheppard.

vaberella
June 7th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Given my druthers (whatever they are), I'd go for Paul.
John Paul? Sheppard, he'd be predescended at birth to be next in line for Pope, fitting I'd say! :sheppardanime23: :sheppard28:

Then if you go for that name Prion, I take back all my choices and go for: John Constantine Sheppard. I'm very partial to Constantine myself---I like the comic and loved the movie! :D
VB:sheppard:

Chutzpah
June 7th, 2006, 06:19 PM

I can't take the credit for it. It's from Monty Python :)

lirenel
June 7th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I say it's Drexel. It's where my dad went to college.

the fifth man
June 7th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Clarence. Yep, definitely. John Clarence Sheppard.:)

prion
June 8th, 2006, 04:11 AM
John Paul? Sheppard, he'd be predescended at birth to be next in line for Pope, fitting I'd say! :sheppardanime23: :sheppard28:

Then if you go for that name Prion, I take back all my choices and go for: John Constantine Sheppard. I'm very partial to Constantine myself---I like the comic and loved the movie! :D
VB:sheppard:

Heh, I know folks with 'John Paul 'and they're definitely not in line for the Pope ;) Someone else mentioned James, which also sounds good. I honestly dohn't think he'd have any weird name; a family name no doubt.

Atlantis1
June 8th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Glenn. John Glenn Sheppard. Since he loves being a pilot.

prion
June 8th, 2006, 04:12 AM
How do we know he has a middle name?

Well, we don't.

Lauriel
June 8th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I'm gonna have to go with John 'Kirk' Sheppard.

ROFL!

John Tiberius Sheppard, but he prefers to be referred to as John T Sheppard.:)

prion
June 8th, 2006, 08:28 AM
ROFL!

John Tiberius Sheppard, but he prefers to be referred to as John T Sheppard.:)
]
Nah, would never happen. After all, Rodney can at least access the front page of people's personnel files. If John's middle name was Tiberius, Rodney wouild never let him live it down (and heck, John should wouldn't use it!)

rarocks24
June 8th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Um, Billy Bob?

prion
June 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Um, Billy Bob?

nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, he lack the southern accent. phew phew phew ;)

But hmm, in looking at his hair, thinking back to old comic strips... Dennis....

Naonak
June 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM

Shep's Irish too?!?

Commander Ivanova
June 8th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Shep's Irish too?!?

Course he is, it's virtually compulsory. I vote for Patrick myself ;)

vaberella
June 8th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Course he is, it's virtually compulsory. I vote for Patrick myself ;)
I always said he was Irish, but I was never sure, I figured his mum was Irish and his dad was Scots for some reason. I believe the name Sheppard is actually of Scottish ancestry.

But why not go with John SEAN Sheppard....I know it's weird.

With John meaning Sean and Sean meaning John...but parents do it all the time...it would be funny to see if that was it!

I do like Patrick...that's a nice name...hmmmm I like John Zachariah Sheppard. That would be wicked too....

VB

knowsfords
June 8th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I always said he was Irish, but I was never sure, I figured his mum was Irish and his dad was Scots for some reason. I believe the name Sheppard is actually of Scottish ancestry.

But why not go with John SEAN Sheppard....I know it's weird.

With John meaning Sean and Sean meaning John...but parents do it all the time...it would be funny to see if that was it!

I do like Patrick...that's a nice name...hmmmm I like John Zachariah Sheppard. That would be wicked too....

VB

The name Sean evolved out of the name John (it may have been the other way around) but yeah... essentially its the same name.

vaberella
June 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM
The name Sean evolved out of the name John (it may have been the other way around) but yeah... essentially its the same name.
Yeah I know. I had two mates who are both Irish, one was called John and the other was called Sean, but they'd call one another by opposite names. They were weird...It'd just be funny to see if that could have been an option.

VB

Harekin
June 9th, 2006, 08:19 AM

James isnt a very common Irish name...nor is Sheppard. Infact I know noone with the surname Sheppard. Plus Sean, Jack and John are actually the same name when you translate them from Irish.

vaberella
June 9th, 2006, 08:55 AM
James isnt a very common Irish name...nor is Sheppard. Infact I know noone with the surname Sheppard. Plus Sean, Jack and John are actually the same name when you translate them from Irish.
Thanks for confirming what I thought. I thought James was also more of an English name, possibly Welsh. Yeah, I thought the name Sheppard was actually of Scottish origin, not Irish origin. I'm starting to think that once your part of Great Britain or the name stems from there, people assume it's all the same. When each of these countries have their own distinct roots.

VB

Harekin
June 9th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I thought the name Sheppard was actually of Scottish origin, not Irish origin.

VB
Must be.

vaberella
June 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Must be.
Well I never knew where it was stated that he was of Irish descent or even Irish. I'm just hearing that on the thread. In my head he pretty much had Irish ancestry---I wrote a fic where he was visiting Ireland with his mum. Anyway when I was looking up the name Sheppard I came up with this..

1. Sheppard Origin (http://sheppardpioneers.ucan.us/) The name is said to be of either English or Scottish origin, there doesn't seem to be--a definitive line. So there's a possiblity that his family either moved from one place or another and went to Ireland---then maybe America.

2. Sheppard CoA (http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.c/qx/sheppard-coat-arms.htm) This is rad..

VB :D

Alipeeps
June 9th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks for confirming what I thought. I thought James was also more of an English name, possibly Welsh. Yeah, I thought the name Sheppard was actually of Scottish origin, not Irish origin. I'm starting to think that once your part of Great Britain or the name stems from there, people assume it's all the same. When each of these countries have their own distinct roots.

VB

James isn't a Welsh name - it's more of an English or Scottish name.

John is a weird name in terms of how many variations there are on it - Sean (Irish), Ian (Scottish), Ioan (Welsh) etc etc etc.

I could see Sheppard having a very traditional middle name (thinking maybe of his dad - supposedly a Colonel or some such? - picking a traditional, patriotic type name... like maybe John Abraham Sheppard! :D :D

vaberella
June 9th, 2006, 06:01 PM
James isn't a Welsh name - it's more of an English or Scottish name.

John is a weird name in terms of how many variations there are on it - Sean (Irish), Ian (Scottish), Ioan (Welsh) etc etc etc.

I could see Sheppard having a very traditional middle name (thinking maybe of his dad - supposedly a Colonel or some such? - picking a traditional, patriotic type name... like maybe John Abraham Sheppard! :D :D

hey Ali, I have no clue what James is...I said it was possible. But I will say, I don't like Abraham...how about my fave prez
1. Grant = John Grant Sheppard
2. Theodore = John Theodore Sheppard
3. Franklin = John Franklin Sheppard

VB :D

Alipeeps
June 10th, 2006, 03:24 AM
John Franklin Sheppard

Yeah, I could see that! :D

knocknashee
June 10th, 2006, 05:52 PM
You do now... :)

And funnily enough, I'm Irish... ;)

FYI:

John - Hebrew - 'God is gracious'. Sean is the Gaelic version, 'Jack' is a pet form.
James - Hebrew - 'One who supplants'

So, not English...

On the original issue...I've always thought 'James' for some reason, which would be funny, given the 'Kirk' connotations...

Linzi
June 11th, 2006, 03:37 AM
You do now... :)

And funnily enough, I'm Irish... ;)

FYI:

John - Hebrew - 'God is gracious'. Sean is the Gaelic version, 'Jack' is a pet form.
James - Hebrew - 'One who supplants'

So, not English...

On the original issue...I've always thought 'James' for some reason, which would be funny, given the 'Kirk' connotations...

I think James too. Sort of JJ Sheppard!!!!!

Ote_4_T
June 11th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Here are a list of his middle names

Boy
Deer
Sheep
Nathan
Adams
Doe

Alternately he could have no middle name, thinking up a hard name like John was hard enough.

Major Gambit
June 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
kirk

2ndgenerationalteran
June 11th, 2006, 06:36 PM
why does it matter?

atlantisrocks
June 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Didn't you guys see the commercial for "The Tower"? It's John "Babe Magnet" Sheppard. :p

or John Wayne Sheppard ;)

Seriously though, it could be something like Jonathan Edward Sheppard, but that only sounds good with Jonathan, although he could just be John.

The J middle names sound best with John though, like John Jesse Sheppard, or John James Sheppard like knocknashee and Linzi said. :)

Lauriel
June 12th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Since he was named after John Sheppard the writer, if he were to have a middle name, I would say whatever the D in his name stands for (he is also credited as D.J. Sheppard). Probably something classical: David, Daniel, etc.

vaberella
June 12th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Since he was named after John Sheppard the writer, if he were to have a middle name, I would say whatever the D in his name stands for (he is also credited as D.J. Sheppard). Probably something classical: David, Daniel, etc.
Daemon? Derrick? Devon?(I really like Devon)

VB

Lauriel
June 12th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Daemon? Derrick? Devon?(I really like Devon)

VB

Yeah, I like Devon too, although it kinda reminds me of Knight Rider. David Hasslehoff is not who I want coming to mind when I think of Sheppard!!:(

prion
June 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM
why does it matter?

Not much, really, this is just the type of inane <G> thread that occurs when you get no new episodes. I suspect the next inane thread will be about Ronon's dreadlocks: just how does he hide the knives, and how does he keep fleas from moving in? ;)

vaberella
June 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Not much, really, this is just the type of inane <G> thread that occurs when you get no new episodes. I suspect the next inane thread will be about Ronon's dreadlocks: just how does he hide the knives, and how does he keep fleas from moving in? ;)
And I thought it was gonna be one on whether people from the PG have middle names since they have last ones.

VB:mckay:

Merlin's_Legacy
June 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Connor would be another good option.

Or Harley. John Harley Sheppard.

Raziel
June 17th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I like how it sounds : John Eric Sheppard.... Love Eric name....

:sheppard28:

coolove
June 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I would die of delight if it was John Thadius Sheppard.