This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why...? there mite be spoilers y'all.

Hey I was thinking why don't the Atlantis expedition dont' use zats. (or why they havent encountered of them, im pretty sure they were made by the ancients?), I dont know if its true but i would expect that the zats would be effective against the wraith, probably about the same as a wraith stunner, and they are smaller.

Also why have they not found any staff weapons or i suppose zats if they were of ancient construction.
    Last edited by B O Y S C O U T; 09 June 2006, 10:19 PM.

this has been discussed numeras times, the search button helps

Comment

yeh well lets just say im to lazy to use the search button, or when i did look i didnt find what i was looking for killjoy.

Comment

Seeing as you're so lazy...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=Atlantis+Zats

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...highlight=Zats

I would say there are many more, but that should do.

(by the way, that probably took less than a minute.)
        An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

lol
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
            Hey I was thinking why don't the Atlantis expedition dont' use zats (or why they havent encountered them, werent they made by the ancients?), I dont know if its true but i would expect that the zats would be effective against the wraith, probably about the same as a wraith stunner, and they are smaller.

Also why have they not found any staff weapons or i suppose zats if they were of ancient construction.
            Zats are Goa'uld weapons, I've never seen any refrence that they where based on Ancient technology.
            Matthew
            Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

It has been stated that the Gou'ald based their technology on Ancient technology.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

They are parasitic beings, they take over species brains and take their information, which means their technology probably come from a wide range of technology and species, it been said many times that the gould do not develope technology they take it of other races.

Comment

They are parasitic beings, they take over species brains and take their information, which means their technology probably come from a wide range of species and not just the ancients, it been said many times that the gould do not develope technology they take it of other races.

Comment

No they say that the staffs are ancient weapons. and so it stands to reason that zats are too.

Comment

They dont develop their own tech? So Baal cloning himself loads of times happened when he isnt developing technology? And Anubis...dont even get me started on him! What about Nirrti? She had some slick stuff too. Need I go on?

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
                        No they say that the staffs are ancient weapons. and so it stands to reason that zats are too.
                        Where did it say that? The only things that I know of that were copied from Ancient tech were technology, such as the sarchophagus(healing device), not hand-held weapons, such as the staff weapon.

and a weapon being based off of ancient technology does not mean that it is ancient technology. Take the Sarcophagus, for example. Just because the sarcophagus is based off of the Ancient healing device doesn't mean that it can turn dead people into zombies(Evolution pt. 2)

For all we know the Ancient hand- weapon from Aurora could work the same way as a zat.
                        Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 09 June 2006, 08:55 AM.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The sarcophagus was built using the bloody Healing Device.

Comment

But the sarcophagus looks nothing like the ancient healing device does it? It stands to reason that even if the gouald did copy their tech from the ancients they would have added their own flair to it (remember the gouald probe that they encountered in Season 7 Heros Part 1? Anubius made the probe based on the *idea* of a MALP. But it didn't look like a malp. It just did a similar job). Hence even if the gouald Zats are based off some ancient weapon, like those on the Aurora, they probably wouldn't look the same.

Besides, I've never seen any ancient weapon that produced an effect like a staff weapon; have you? For all we know the gouald copied the idea from a more primative race, then enhanced it with their own knowledge of ancient tech + whatever else they had assimilated.

Comment

oi Ltcolshepjumper

In the season 10 spoilers Adria says that staff weapons were originally ancient, i dont know about zats but...it stands to reason.
                              I can't actually remember when they say it but the ring transports are ancient and yeh as mentioned above the sarcophagus was based on the ancient fountain of youth thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X