X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echoes - Whales (Spoilers)

Thoughts on it being Asgard anyone?
    Last edited by Madeleine; 06 June 2006, 07:22 PM.

Could be Ancient
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

You should change the name of this thread... Spoiler?!
      Last edited by Platschu; 06 June 2006, 02:50 PM.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

All I can say is *squeeeeeeee*! I'd asked in the old Ask Joe thread about the return of the whales and he'd hinted that it would happen - glad to see it's true! I'm dying to see this one - it's like someone's been digging around in my imagination! /huge whale geek
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Well I'm pretty sure I read a 'Grace under Pressure' fanfic about this. Though in that I think the 'whale' was manifested as the 'hallucination' of Sam.
          *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
          *~*
          sigpic
          *~*
          photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

I'm sooo looking forward to this
            I hope its sumthing different, sumthing new
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Whales talking? A known language? That's kinda weird...

Comment

Well, it's actually not that far out there. Whales don't have the vocal cords to speak as we do, but they actually can mimic human words/sounds by manipulating the shape of their blowhole as they expel air. John C. Lilly did some famous-yet-controversial research into areas like that with bottlenose dolphins, and I vaguely recall reading that decades ago Marineland of Florida had a dolphin that could sing Happy Birthday.
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                  Well, it's actually not that far out there. Whales don't have the vocal cords to speak as we do, but they actually can mimic human words/sounds by manipulating the shape of their blowhole as they expel air. John C. Lilly did some famous-yet-controversial research into areas like that with bottlenose dolphins, and I vaguely recall reading that decades ago Marineland of Florida had a dolphin that could sing Happy Birthday.
                  Thats kinda cool.

Comment

I bet they speak gouald

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                      I bet they speak gouald
                      imagine that a goulded whale with the glowing eyes and all

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                        imagine that a goulded whale with the glowing eyes and all
                        "Swim before your god!"
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          "Swim before your god!"
                          ROFL @ this discussion.

Comment

Whales talking and communicating. Sounds familar to one of the Star Trek movies when Kirk and the crew had to go back to Earth and capture a Whale.

Comment

i rekon its either ancient or english but just super slow
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X