PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles for Gateworld interviews

rollo
June 6th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Hi,

For those are not english-speakers like me, it's hard understanding well interview exept reading gateworld transcripts. So, I've made some subtiles using these transcripts.

Avialable :

Connor Trinneer - Our Mistake
Cliff Simon - Evolving Baal
Alex Zahara - Man of Many Faces
Kavan Smith - The Lorne Identity
Garwin Sandford - Jack of All Tollan
Don S.Davis - Intimate Portrait (part 1 & 2)
Andee Frizzell - Queen Hungry (part 1 & 2)
J.R Bourne - Bourne Possibilities
Dan Payne - Dismissal by Missile
Cliff Simon - Cliff's Notes
Ronny Cox - Reflexions with Ronny
Craig Veroni - Grodins Time
Robert Picardo - Hatchet Guy
Garry Chalk - Adverse Ally
Neil Denis - Growing up Ryac
Ben Browder - WorkinMan
Joe Flanigan - Man of the People
David Nykl - Chronicles of Radek
Tony Amendola - Renaissance Man

You can found these here (http://www.membres.lycos.fr/rrrodrigo/stargate/)
Also avialable with RSS Feed (http://www.membres.lycos.fr/rrrodrigo/stargate/rss_sgsub.xml).

I hope you agree.

rollo...

rollo
October 12th, 2006, 09:33 AM
more subtitles avialable...

Arga
October 12th, 2006, 10:31 AM
:tecmate:
I like your initiative!

Tell me, how do you do it? Do you take the full text transcript, and insert manually the time, looking at your watch?

A +

David
October 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I must say, I am indeed impressed.

Pharaoh Atem
October 12th, 2006, 06:24 PM
if you want subtitles just read the text while listening to the interview

rollo
October 12th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Transcript are gateworld transcript. I copy and synchronize them with SubtitlesWorkshop...

Arga
October 13th, 2006, 05:51 AM
if you want subtitles just read the text while listening to the interview

oh no, Captain, you know that trying to read the text written on the page while viewing the video is not very very pratical... It's much more comfortable to have real subtitles, synchronized with the video.
So we don't have to play with the mouse up & down, or look at the video then back at the text, lose the line and wonder where the hell did we stop reading a second ago..
Of course, it's better than nothing, but if you think of people who would need subtitles to understand better, those srt files would be welcome.

Pharaoh Atem
October 22nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
oh no, Captain, you know that trying to read the text written on the page while viewing the video is not very very pratical... It's much more comfortable to have real subtitles, synchronized with the video.
So we don't have to play with the mouse up & down, or look at the video then back at the text, lose the line and wonder where the hell did we stop reading a second ago..
Of course, it's better than nothing, but if you think of people who would need subtitles to understand better, those srt files would be welcome.
ok i'm still a little confused

rollo
January 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
list updated with new subtitles...

rollo
May 18th, 2007, 08:18 AM
News subtitles avialable and also a RSS Feed (http://www.membres.lycos.fr/rrrodrigo/stargate/rss_sgsub.xml) very convenient. ;)

Arga
May 18th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Thank you; but... how does it work?? :confused: