Teyla Emmagan/Elizabeth Weir Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla Emmagan/Elizabeth Weir Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Okay, so I've hunted around and I can't find a thread for these two.

Now, maybe that's because there aren't many Weir/Teyla shippers, which puzzles me. But I guess you can't have your cake and eat it...or can you?

So far the only noted Weyla shipper, aside from myself is...gatelover12. *Sobs*

I believe that there is UST between Weyla, especially in Suspicion and The Gift. Unfortunately, there aren't that many Weyla scenes. Damn you PTB lol.

Now why am I shipper of Elizabeth/Teyla? *Ponders* whilst, others were talking about chemistry, between Sheyla, I saw chemistry Weyla.

And for some reason all these plot bunnies started to plant themselves in my brain and believe me I've written more than a handful of Weyla fictions lol.

And I do have a confession, when I watched the ad's for SGA and saw magazines SGA never appealed to me and the only reason why I watched SGA is because I thought I’d give it a chance.

I always believed that if I’d write a SG fic first and ironically, to-this-date I’ve only written one SG fic, (although I’m working on a Daniel/Jack fic) and SGA wise I’ve written 13, Christ that’s a lot *laughs* for me that's a lot.

Am I the only one who sees the UST between them? And believes that there is more to their friendship then meets the eye?

Granted that their relationship didn't get off to the best of starts; what with Elizabeth questioning and doubting the Athosians and accusing them of having a spy amongst them, but then somehow they saw past that and a relationship began to bloom.

For me my favourite scenes would have to be:

Suspicion…I know most of the dialect between Teyla/Elizabeth in this eppy off by heart *laughs, yes-I know sad*

When Teyla enters the conference room and Weir looks surprised.

“Teyla…I wasn't expecting you.”
    “I was surprised to be left of your list.”
    “I didn't feel it was necessary in your case.”

To me that said it all and yes, it screamed moment. *Sighs* and then there’s the balcony scene pure UST. When they’re talking and Teyla questions Elizabeth’s doubts.

“You doubt that you will one day return to earth.”
    “I can't afford that doubt.”
    “You mean you can not afford to let them show.”

Do you see how Teyla’s the only one who notes this? And maybe I’m the only one who finds the cute, but when Teyla told Elizabeth that if she was in place, she would have done the same. For me that screamed moment. *Pauses* Okay, so most of the Weyla scenes for me, screamed moments. *Grins* what can I say? I’m a hopelessly addicted shipper of theirs. *Laughs*

And then there’s The Gift.

“Teyla, I ... I have no right to ask you to do this.” And then she throws Teyla an apologetic look, before running out.

And then when John catches up with her...

“I can’t put her through this, John. I know it was my idea but it’s too much to ask.”

For me these two lines said it all, as did her expressions. And in MHO
    it says that she cares more for the Athosian then she's letting on. Hence, the whole Weyla-ness.

Both of them were in need of a lot of loving.

If only the TPTB worked on that loving some more. Because there just isn't enough Weyla moments. I hope that there are more Weyla moments in season two.

I know for a fact that Elizabeth would be happier with Teyla, then anyone else *giggles* can't you just tell that's the shipper in me?

Okay so that’s my penny's worth/ five cents worth of Weyla-ness, anyone else care to comment on the couple that is Elizabeth/Teyla? Gatelover? *Hug* for being a Weyla shipper...for being the only other Weyla shipper.

British-Indian and proud.

They just look SO cute together and I have a soft spot for shipper-light ships! Besides I love the whole leaders drawn together thing and since S2
    Spoiler:
    shep in no longer the military leader
    Weyla just makes sense to me plus Uber ship agnst!

Comment

I have to admit that I have felt that bond between the two of them, but thought maybe it was my imagination. I'm glad to see others noticed it too!

I think that they are both in positions of power, with vulnerability in those powers. Teyla is the athosian leader but her power does not serve her as well on atlantis. Also, weir is in charge but is not military so she often gets pushed around. I think they see themselves in each othet and it causes even more UST. maybe it's just me....

Plus, they always seem so aware of each other!
      Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
      McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

Comment

yeah a weir teyla ship thread who would have thought
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
          yeah a weir teyla ship thread who would have thought
          Who woulda thought of there being other Weyla shippers aside from GL and myself? *Gasp*

People should watch the whole of season one again, then they would notice the chemistry.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Hi guys!

Not so much a weyla shipper but I do see the bond and want more Teyla/Weir friendship - it has alot of potential even ifit's never going to be more than that. I really liked that Suspicion balcony scene (reminds me slightly of the right call McKay/Weir scene somehow) and was a bit sad they never did anything more about those issues.

Oh and Hollyshannensangel challenged me to write a weyla fic - so keep your eyes peeled for it. Can't promise it's good since I don't really see the UST myself (apart from kind of when pointed out to me) but I did try as I'm always up for a challenge. Considering maybe also trying again in the future to do a tag for an ep for them but that depends on how badly my first one sucks or not.

Comment

I'm glad there is a Weyla thread now.
              I have to admit...I think it's my favorite slash ship. Heh heh, so you can count me onboard.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
              Spoiler:
              SCI-FI....
              I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Been capping and here are some Teyla/Weir pics from Siege Part 2.

This is just after Teyla leaves.

Comment

intersting order of pics, its quite suggestive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                    intersting order of pics, its quite suggestive.
                    They're in the order they're taken from the show...

Comment

I wanna see the pictures... They don't work for me.

I don't really mind the idea of Weir/Teyla. It seems quite cute lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

... Ah, what the hell, count me in

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                          I wanna see the pictures... They don't work for me.

I don't really mind the idea of Weir/Teyla. It seems quite cute lol.
                          Working now?
                          Otherwise here's the link to album (which should be shared I hope) they are in
                          http://photobucket.com/albums/v230/missyvortexdv/120/

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            Working now?
                            Otherwise here's the link to album (which should be shared I hope) they are in
                            http://photobucket.com/albums/v230/missyvortexdv/120/
                            Yup. They're working.

Really dark though, but that's the monitor's fault not yours lol.

Awww...

Comment

O.O A Weyla thread! I could have fun here!

I think that they might be better as freinds, but, if TPTB decide to go that way, I don't mind! Could make for some interesting lover's spats... hehe!

Yea, thats all I got for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X