Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... anyone realize we never exactly saw Sokar die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... anyone realize we never exactly saw Sokar die.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if Sokar made an appearance in Season 10. I had recently been re-watching Stargate (still watching it, on season 4), and I noticed that Sokar really... really looks like a Prior. Seriously... look at Sokar, and look at the Priors. Pale skin, veins, sure, the similarities could be coincidental, but they are there.

What if we learn that Sokar is not only alive (it isn't inconceivable that he had a Stargate on his flagship), but has been building a fleet in some dark and hard-to-find region of space. If anyone has read some of the Star Wars comics set after the movies, you learn that the Emperor actually didn't die in Return of the Jedi and had been 'rebuilding' his forces... a similar idea could work.

Well, my storyline idea continues with the Priors discovering Sokar and seeing in him great power... so they offer him Origin. Not only does he embrace Origin and become a Prior, at the end of season 10 the Ori do something they haven't done to any mortal in a long time, the Ascend him. Sokar becomes an Ori.

In that sense, Sokar truly becomes what Anubis had tried to become and had been stopped.

That would lead into some serious you-know-what in season 11 with the implications of a Goa'uld Ascended being... anyway, it's just an idea.

true, true but whats this doing in season 10? but you woulda thought with sokar with a hand device and apophis with a knife sokar would have won.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I like some of the ideas. I don't think he should ascdend (I think that was thoroughly explored with Anubis), nor become a Prior a normal prior (I don't see any Goa'uld willing spreading another religion that doesn't have them as gods). Perhaps he could find a way out of the 'burst in flames' fail safe and be a sort of, rogue Prior.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I don't think that Sokar ist a prior. They may look similar but i I don't think that the producers wanted them to look the same.

In season 4 no one would have believed that they could make it into a 10th season and i don't think that at this time they had the idea of the ori yet.

MFG

Silik

Comment

Bringing back Goa'ulds just for the sake of it is pointless. I'd rather the writers try something new than re hash every dead enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bedebaba
            I don't think that Sokar ist a prior. They may look similar but i I don't think that the producers wanted them to look the same.

In season 4 no one would have believed that they could make it into a 10th season and i don't think that at this time they had the idea of the ori yet.

MFG

Silik
            true but they might made the priors thinking on Sokar

Comment

That's probably true. Some of the ideas for what priors look like could well have come from Sokar's appearance. As for Sokar coming back...no thank you. I'm happy to leave that thread where it lies, thank you. Soker was just too freaky, and his whole planet and everything...*shudders*

Oh yeah, then think of what our beloved favorite characters would look like looking like those ugly priors....anybosy wanting know where that disturbing thought came from can go check out the spoilers for SG-1 "The Shroud". *starts again to shudder uncontrolably*

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
              Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
              Left Behind: SG-1
              The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
                Bringing back Goa'ulds just for the sake of it is pointless. I'd rather the writers try something new than re hash every dead enemy.
                Yeah, it was annoying when they did that with apophis.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Sokar's dead. If he had lived no way would he have let Apophis rule his empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                    I was thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if Sokar made an appearance in Season 10. I had recently been re-watching Stargate (still watching it, on season 4), and I noticed that Sokar really... really looks like a Prior. Seriously... look at Sokar, and look at the Priors. Pale skin, veins, sure, the similarities could be coincidental, but they are there.

What if we learn that Sokar is not only alive (it isn't inconceivable that he had a Stargate on his flagship), but has been building a fleet in some dark and hard-to-find region of space. If anyone has read some of the Star Wars comics set after the movies, you learn that the Emperor actually didn't die in Return of the Jedi and had been 'rebuilding' his forces... a similar idea could work.

Well, my storyline idea continues with the Priors discovering Sokar and seeing in him great power... so they offer him Origin. Not only does he embrace Origin and become a Prior, at the end of season 10 the Ori do something they haven't done to any mortal in a long time, the Ascend him. Sokar becomes an Ori.

In that sense, Sokar truly becomes what Anubis had tried to become and had been stopped.

That would lead into some serious you-know-what in season 11 with the implications of a Goa'uld Ascended being... anyway, it's just an idea.
                    someone saw my thread
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27790
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      Bleh, this forum is filled with double up posts. Just look at how many "Jesus was an Ancient!" threads there are.
                      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                        Uh, no I didn't see your thread. We must have been thinking the same thing, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                          Uh, no I didn't see your thread. We must have been thinking the same thing, though.
                          ya maybe i just made that thread to fill the holes that where left after the mods moved everything into the fun and games folder
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                            Perhaps he could find a way out of the 'burst in flames' fail safe and be a sort of, rogue Prior.
                            i dont think the 'burst in flames' is actually killing the priors i think it is teleporting them to someplace else, so if they get stuck someplace they can teleport out of there and seeing as though the ori like fire why not make a telepoting machine out of fire

Comment

I thought Sokar was badass and I would love for them to bring him back somehow. He looked awesome in all the dark red. The Devil Goa'uld would have been great if they kept him a little longer than they did.

Comment

Working...
                              X