PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis aiding Milky Way

Major Gambit
June 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Why dont they just send the Daedalus/Orion/Puddle Jumpers to help the invading Ori? I'm sure if any ship can give the Ori a run for their money, it's the Orion.

Eye Of Ra
June 5th, 2006, 03:27 PM
if they do that what happens if the wraith decide to go to atlantis they would only have the sheild to protect atlantis

immhotep
June 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
because the deadalus and orion will be so much hel if 60 hive ships turn up!

Eye Of Ra
June 5th, 2006, 03:44 PM
they might be well no ignor my last post it was stupid

immhotep
June 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
lol sorry but that was kinda stupid, they did ok but that was against 2 ships...a whole armarda is different...i think theres 2 battles i want to see in S10: the orion vs OriToiletClass and the oneil vs OTC.

mburrows
June 5th, 2006, 03:52 PM
oneil vs ori toilet-class has already been seens, it was shown in camelot...dont say it wasnt because all of you know damn well it was, i beleive it is also in the oniel article in the omnipedia...

anywho, the oniel would get its ass kicked probaly, it shot a few times at a toilet class and had no effect so yeah...

Eye Of Ra
June 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
yeah me 2 i hope the orion will kick ass and the o'neill well if the o'neill kicks the crap out of the toilet class ships the orion will have no problem

Major Gambit
June 5th, 2006, 04:19 PM
oneil vs ori toilet-class has already been seens, it was shown in camelot...dont say it wasnt because all of you know damn well it was, i beleive it is also in the oniel article in the omnipedia...

anywho, the oniel would get its ass kicked probaly, it shot a few times at a toilet class and had no effect so yeah...

that was a Daniel Jackson science vessle.

Harekin
June 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM
NO that was a damned O'Niell. A Daniel Jackson look VASTLY different.

Major Gambit
June 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
the shp in camelot had that arch thing over itm the oneill doesnt have that

Harekin
June 5th, 2006, 04:25 PM
No it was an O'Niell, seriously watch the episode again.

Major Gambit
June 5th, 2006, 04:41 PM
look its got an arch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGLJWX3jLs&watch2

Harekin
June 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
No it doesnt, it is a <mod snip> O'Niell.

Harekin
June 5th, 2006, 04:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Neill_class_battleship O'Niell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Jackson_class_starship Daniel Jackson

Please dont tell me you still think its a Daniel Jackson.

Chutzpah
June 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it's an O'Neill.

As for the Orion, Have the even worked out how to use it properly? Can it function without a ZMP?

I also think it has a better chance against the Wraith than the Ori.

freyr's mother
June 5th, 2006, 07:24 PM

It was shown for all of 5 seconds.

Major Tyler
June 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Why dont they just send the Daedalus/Orion/Puddle Jumpers to help the invading Ori?Why would Atlantis want to help the invading Ori? I suppose the reason they don't help is because the Ori don't really need it.

Jimbo-DR
June 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Why would Atlantis want to help the invading Ori?

Proof read for the win!

2ndgenerationalteran
June 5th, 2006, 08:47 PM
VFX said they screwed up, scaled the oniel to small.

well if the wraith come when the orion is gone if they cant get back in 2 days atlantis is screwed. and why did wier seem worried that the orion and deadalus couldnt take out the hive? and sheppard saying "should be enough" kind of makes me think the orion isnt that great.

Jakebbq
June 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
we should get 6 o'neills and get them to toe atlantis to earth yeah that would be fun an o'neill attached to each pier it would only take a couple of days then the actual city atlantis can aid the milky way not everything from it. though i got a feeling that the asgard would go for that

Chutzpah
June 5th, 2006, 10:50 PM
we should get 6 o'neills and get them to toe atlantis to earth yeah that would be fun an o'neill attached to each pier it would only take a couple of days then the actual city atlantis can aid the milky way not everything from it. though i got a feeling that the asgard would go for that

What? I don't even know where to begin...

June 5th, 2006, 11:58 PM

Um, well first there's the issue of getting the Asgard to actually GIVE us six O'Neill class ships. Besides which I think an O'Neill would mop the floor with a hiveship.

2ndgenerationalteran
June 6th, 2006, 12:15 AM

now why the hell would you do that? (in general)
PG needs atlantis, and i doubt it would take a few days, it would take weeks to months, the size of atlantis is huge compared to the size of 6 oniells, the power requirements would be enormous (its not some small ship only its a gigantic city, it would be the size of the oniel + the size of 1/6 of manhattan), and i dont know if all 6 oniells can combine their hyper drive windows to make it less of a drain.

to do so would mean you would need atlantis off the planet, meaning enough power to power shields, inertial dampners and sublight engines. one ZPM will not cut it.

and no one wants to move it, the asgard would have no desire to do such a stupid thing

Jakebbq
June 6th, 2006, 01:02 AM
it was a bit of a joke but yeah it is impractical

Gate Master
June 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Actually if you think about it its not that stupid, it would prevent the wraith from getting it if they used the asgard to at least move it some where else.
As for power requirements a gould mothership managed to move a massive asteroid through hyperspace with their primitive hyperdrives and even the cargo ship managed it for a short while.
Plus the whole power requirements thing and using one ZPM to move it is somewhat dubious and I think more of a story point. They should beable to fly with one ZPM otherwise even at full power they could fly for about four days before needing to replace all 3 ZPM's which doesn't seem alot.

June 6th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Actually if you think about it its not that stupid, it would prevent the wraith from getting it if they used the asgard to at least move it some where else.
As for power requirements a gould mothership managed to move a massive asteroid through hyperspace with their primitive hyperdrives and even the cargo ship managed it for a short while.
Plus the whole power requirements thing and using one ZPM to move it is somewhat dubious and I think more of a story point. They should beable to fly with one ZPM otherwise even at full power they could fly for about four days before needing to replace all 3 ZPM's which doesn't seem alot.

Yeah but it's a HUGE jump from 20,000 miles to 5 million light years. Also my theory on the ZPMs is that the more you ask from them power wise, the drain on the ZPM increases exponentially (twice the power is four times the drain, four times the power is sixteen times the drain, etc). With 3 ZPMs you're only draining 1/3 as much power from each one so the drain is much less.

Gate Master
June 6th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah but it's a HUGE jump from 20,000 miles to 5 million light years. Also my theory on the ZPMs is that the more you ask from them power wise, the drain on the ZPM increases exponentially (twice the power is four times the drain, four times the power is sixteen times the drain, etc). With 3 ZPMs you're only draining 1/3 as much power from each one so the drain is much less.
The goauld managed to move an asteroid which must have been at least as large as Atlantis if not a great deal larger given it was able to generate a sizeable gravitational field; about four n half light years from the nearest system that could have had naquada.

Also just moving Atlantis to a nearby system could keep the wraith guessing for a while.

As for the ZPM's its a good theory and had it not been for the ep before I sleep I may be inclined to agree but if power drain was related to the stress put on them then Janus wouldn't have needed to rotate them to provide the necessary power. Although I never understood how rotating them could extend the power since they would be using power three times as fast.

Chutzpah
June 6th, 2006, 03:37 AM

I've thought about it, and it's still stupid. Just imagine if they did this on an episode. The Asgard, flying out six of their ships to lift a city off a planet and move it around. and for what? Most of the Wraith still don't know Atlantis is there. It would go so far beyond the realms of good television, it wouldn't surprise me if the show was cancelled right there and then.

Gate Master
June 6th, 2006, 04:02 AM
I've thought about it, and it's still stupid. Just imagine if they did this on an episode. The Asgard, flying out six of their ships to lift a city off a planet and move it around. and for what? Most of the Wraith still don't know Atlantis is there. It would go so far beyond the realms of good television, it wouldn't surprise me if the show was cancelled right there and then.
I wasn't refering specifically to using six asgard ships especially when goaulds can move things bigger with one. But just the idea of getting Atlantis mobile or some where the wraith dont know about is quite good.

June 6th, 2006, 04:15 AM
The goauld managed to move an asteroid which must have been at least as large as Atlantis if not a great deal larger given it was able to generate a sizeable gravitational field; about four n half light years from the nearest system that could have had naquada.

Also just moving Atlantis to a nearby system could keep the wraith guessing for a while.

As for the ZPM's its a good theory and had it not been for the ep before I sleep I may be inclined to agree but if power drain was related to the stress put on them then Janus wouldn't have needed to rotate them to provide the necessary power. Although I never understood how rotating them could extend the power since they would be using power three times as fast.

Well first of all we don't know how many ships he used to move the asteroid. Secondly 5, 50, even 500 light years is a FAR cry from 5 MILLION.

As for the ZPM, I already thought of that too. The only conclusion I could find that makes sense is that the ZPMs have a certain minimum rate at which they drain when they're in use. E.g. no use at all = no drain. Small power use still = minimum drain even if the power used is less (the rest gets wasted in some way). If that is also the case then most likely the extra drain involved by having only 1 zpm vs 3 was still equal to less than the minimum drain on the ZPM by using it at all.

I'm open to other ideas, but so far that's the only thing I've seen that can explain it.

Gate Master
June 6th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Well first of all we don't know how many ships he used to move the asteroid. Secondly 5, 50, even 500 light years is a FAR cry from 5 MILLION. It was said in the ep they would have used a goauld mothership but it could have been an assumption on their part. Plus if a cargo ship can get something bigger than Atlantis 20000 odd km I would hope one asgard ship could move atlantis to a solar sytem the wraith dont know about.

As for the ZPM, I already thought of that too. The only conclusion I could find that makes sense is that the ZPMs have a certain minimum rate at which they drain when they're in use. E.g. no use at all = no drain. Small power use still = minimum drain even if the power used is less (the rest gets wasted in some way). If that is also the case then most likely the extra drain involved by having only 1 zpm vs 3 was still equal to less than the minimum drain on the ZPM by using it at all.

I'm open to other ideas, but so far that's the only thing I've seen that can explain it.Thats probably correct and very plausable since it did only buy them a bit more time. Unfortunatly it still rules out the theory tho of ZPM's running out faster than normal under greater strain because if that were the case it would have been more energy efficiant to leave them all plugged in.

June 6th, 2006, 05:53 AM
It was said in the ep they would have used a goauld mothership but it could have been an assumption on their part. Plus if a cargo ship can get something bigger than Atlantis 20000 odd km I would hope one asgard ship could move atlantis to a solar sytem the wraith dont know about.

Thats probably correct and very plausable since it did only buy them a bit more time. Unfortunatly it still rules out the theory tho of ZPM's running out faster than normal under greater strain because if that were the case it would have been more energy efficiant to leave them all plugged in.

Not necessarily. Let's look at it like this.

Let's say that the minimum drain to a plugged in ZPM is 10 units of energy.
Powering the shields and what minimal systems are active requires, say, 3 units of energy.

If you have 3 ZPMs plugged in in parallel that only requires 1 unit of energy from each. But our minimum energy drain is 10 units each so each ZPM is still drained by that amount. With me so far? Good.

Now let's do the ZPMs one at a time. You are now powering all 3 units with one ZPM. That is 3 times as much energy. With our exponential increase, we square that so we have a total drain on the ZPM of 9 units of energy. Our minimum drain is still 10 units so we've now drained one ZPM by 10 units instead of all three of them.

Now, obviously, we didn't get three times as much life out of them so those numbers aren't exactly right, but they serve to illustrate the principle. I'm sure there is someone here good enough with math to work out what the exact numbers would have to be based on said principles (it should just be simple algebra), but I'm not he.

Major Gambit
June 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Why would Atlantis want to help the invading Ori? I suppose the reason they don't help is because the Ori don't really need it.

lol, i meant they would help AGAINST the invading ori

Major Tyler
June 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM
lol, i meant they would help AGAINST the invading oriHaha, sorry...I couldn't resist. :P

randy
June 6th, 2006, 09:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Neill_class_battleship O'Niell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Jackson_class_starship Daniel Jackson

Please dont tell me you still think its a Daniel Jackson.

Well, it may not be a Daniel Jackson but assuredly not an O'Niell when you look at the comparitve views with the Daedalus. It's much smaller. Whether an oversight by the effects crew or the angle shot, I'm a bit apprehensive to believe that it was an O'Niell class considering it was purportedly a science vessel.

Da Vikster the Ori
June 6th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil

unless it is a type of ship we have never seen before,

Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil

Ltcolshepjumper
June 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
It's an Oneill. The scalings r all screwed up

Major Tyler
June 6th, 2006, 10:23 AM
It's like Middle School all over again. :rolleyes:

randy
June 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil

unless it is a type of ship we have never seen before,

Its an Oneil
Its an Oneil

Outstanding argument, you really persuaded me.

Gate Master
June 6th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Not necessarily. Let's look at it like this.

Let's say that the minimum drain to a plugged in ZPM is 10 units of energy.
Powering the shields and what minimal systems are active requires, say, 3 units of energy.

If you have 3 ZPMs plugged in in parallel that only requires 1 unit of energy from each. But our minimum energy drain is 10 units each so each ZPM is still drained by that amount. With me so far? Good.

Now let's do the ZPMs one at a time. You are now powering all 3 units with one ZPM. That is 3 times as much energy. With our exponential increase, we square that so we have a total drain on the ZPM of 9 units of energy. Our minimum drain is still 10 units so we've now drained one ZPM by 10 units instead of all three of them.

Now, obviously, we didn't get three times as much life out of them so those numbers aren't exactly right, but they serve to illustrate the principle. I'm sure there is someone here good enough with math to work out what the exact numbers would have to be based on said principles (it should just be simple algebra), but I'm not he.
I see where your coming from but I find it unlikely that the minimum power used when the ZPM's are on is any thing close to what is needed to power the shields. It would be too inefficient and the ancients would never have used them all at once unless it was an emergency. The power usage of one ZPM being plucked in would be more than all the naquada generators that the team brought with them put together.

Originally Posted by Major Tyler
Why would Atlantis want to help the invading Ori? I suppose the reason they don't help is because the Ori don't really need it.

Must admit that was a good one, it cracked me up when I saw it.

As for the ship debate has any one considered it might not have been either Daniel Jackson or O'Neil at the end of Camulot.
While Im quite happy to conceed it probably was ship scaling issues it could have been another class of asgard ship, as small as the DJ but with ON configeration much like Da Vikster the Ori hinted at. Its certainly plausable so what does everyone else think?

Eye Of Ra
June 6th, 2006, 12:20 PM
yeah i agree it could be a completly diffrent class ship all together but i still think it was an O'neill but i could be wrong.

Jimbo-DR
June 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Outstanding argument, you really persuaded me.

How about you actually read what people type?

The writers ALREADY ADMITTED THAT IT WAS AN ONEILL AND THEY SCREWED UP THE SCALING ON IT.

GOOD GAME FOR DOING RESEARCH WOOOOO

Harekin
June 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM

The writers ALREADY ADMITTED THAT IT WAS AN ONEILL AND THEY SCREWED UP THE SCALING ON IT.

Randy = Pwn'd

GreyFox
June 6th, 2006, 04:37 PM
they need everything to own the wraith. tho i demand an orion vs ori toilet seat ship ep!!

freyr's mother
June 6th, 2006, 06:10 PM
they need everything to own the wraith. tho i demand an orion vs ori toilet seat ship ep!!
You would risk the only ancient warship in our possesion? Our only real technological advantage over any race in the sgu?

Jimbo-DR
June 6th, 2006, 08:13 PM
A fully powered Orion with an Ancient crew? yea that would be great.

A still slightly damaged not fully operational DEFINITELY not fully powered Orion with a makeshift crew?

hells no.

randy
June 6th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Good game for doing research? When did I ever state that? Nice assumption. A normal viewer doesn't prod for the minute details as you suggest, only the anal retentive do. Also, how about taking your own advice? How about you actually read what people type? As I mentioned, it could've been from a mistake the effects group created, which apparently was the case - if your claim has merit. Could you post the information pertaining to their admittance to the scalling flaws?

Jimbo-DR
June 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Good game for doing research? When did I ever state that? Nice assumption. A normal viewer doesn't prod for the minute details as you suggest, only the anal retentive do. Also, how about taking your own advice? How about you actually read what people type? As I mentioned, it could have been from a mistake the effects group created, which apparently was the case - if your claim has merit. Could you post the information pertaining to their admittance to the scalling flaws?

No, I don't have time. You could however, research it. Its on Gateworld somewhere.

Oh and calling me anal retentive was a really effective comeback! Good job!

And arguing over what kind of ship it was based on some arch it has on the back is sort of a minute detail anyway isn't it? OMG Randy you must be anal retentive!

randy
June 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM
No, I don't have time. You could however, research it. Its on Gateworld somewhere.

Oh and calling me anal retentive was a really effective comeback! Good job!

And arguing over what kind of ship it was based on some arch it has on the back is sort of a minute detail anyway isn't it? OMG Randy you must be anal retentive!

Calling somebody anal rententive wasn't intended to be a comeback.

Actually, the size of ships in Stargate has been an advert of the show; and seeing the Daedalus almost the size of a proferred O'Neill class is somewhat odd - so, I don't consider that anal rententive, it's being observant.

EDIT: Also, what is this arch you're talking about?

GreyFox
June 6th, 2006, 11:27 PM
You would risk the only ancient warship in our possesion? Our only real technological advantage over any race in the sgu?

yes i would. anyway if it only uses drones we're better off sending a few jumpers

2ndgenerationalteran
June 7th, 2006, 01:22 AM
we dont really know the full stregnth of the orion but we all know its possible to destroy it.

Harekin
June 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well it'd be damn hard considering a SUPER-VOLCANO couldnt destroy it on low power even though it hit it full force for 4.1 seconds!

Major Tyler
June 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
we dont really know the full stregnth of the orion but we all know its possible to destroy it.Well, technically it's "possible" to destroy anything, so that's not saying much in the end.

Harekin
June 7th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Except energy.

Jimbo-DR
June 7th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Calling somebody anal rententive wasn't intended to be a comeback.

Actually, the size of ships in Stargate has been an advert of the show; and seeing the Daedalus almost the size of a proferred O'Neill class is somewhat odd - so, I don't consider that anal rententive, it's being observant.

EDIT: Also, what is this arch you're talking about?

The Daniel Jacksons have arches on the back of them... its the easiest way to tell them from an Oneill.

And our whole point was that the scaling of the show was wrong, but that the ship actually was an Oneill. Your just agreeing with us now!:)

IcyNeko
June 7th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Well, that and the DJ's are smaller and don't possess superior offensive weapons (unless you're a replicator!)... so in essence... why bring that to an alien beachhead when you've got a bigger gun?

InoXIo
June 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM
http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oniell3cb.jpg < pic from the clip (no arch)

wiki thing [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:O%27Neill_class.jpg
wiki thing dj http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:The_Daniel_Jackson_in_orbit_of_Earth.jpg

oniell incorrectly scaled :) njoy drunk tired n8n8

The Ori
June 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
They'll still get battered!

2ndgenerationalteran
June 7th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Well, that and the DJ's are smaller and don't possess superior offensive weapons (unless you're a replicator!)... so in essence... why bring that to an alien beachhead when you've got a bigger gun?

it was an oniell that i know because TPTB said graphics messed up, but the asgard could have decided to bring a jackson class because they could have been pretty certain they could prevent the ori from coming

randy
June 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
The Daniel Jacksons have arches on the back of them... its the easiest way to tell them from an Oneill.

And our whole point was that the scaling of the show was wrong, but that the ship actually was an Oneill. Your just agreeing with us now!:)

Well, as I stated before, not unless it was an error made by the effects crew - which you adduced by mentioning an admittance given by the production group, that is seemingly true - I reserved judgment otherwise. The aformentioned information was unknown to me until now, and I hope my blind faith in your word bares credence.

Where can I find this report in Gateworld? I hope you're telling the truth.

Harekin
June 8th, 2006, 11:18 AM
If you look at a screecap from Camelot and a picture of an O'Niell side by side and still dont think they are the same then stop watching Stargate...

Jimbo-DR
June 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM
IDK where the reports at look through their blogs and stuff from around the time the episode aired.

But either way it should STILL be very clear that the ship was an Oneill.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 12:54 PM
If you look at a screecap from Camelot and a picture of an O'Niell side by side and still dont think they are the same then stop watching Stargate...

Were on a slippery slope. Then it goes back to the argument about sizes. Only the information about the admittance is the deciding factor. The Wraith have a smaller version of their hive ship - or, atleast, something very similar in design. So, it stands to reason why somebody could make that assumption.

Jimbo-DR
June 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM
The Wraith Hiveships are all the same size. They have other ships like Wraith Cruisers and Wraith Scouts. Same thing with the Asgard. The Daniel Jackson is a completely different ship.

freyr's mother
June 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Were on a slippery slope. Then it goes back to the argument about sizes. Only the information about the admittance is the deciding factor. Wraith have smaller versions of their hive ships, it stands to reason why somebody could make that assumption.
The small version of the hiveship you're reffering to is a wraith Cruiser. It is not a small version of a hiveship. The cruiser is faster than a hive and carries no darts.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
The small version of the hiveship you're reffering to is a wraith Cruiser. It is not a small version of a hiveship. The cruiser is faster than a hive and carries no darts.

Not referring to their function just the look of it.

freyr's mother
June 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Not referring to their function just the look of it.
Sublight engines are totally different.

Harekin
June 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
No it doesnt look the same, unless you've never watched SGA before. There are a large number of subtle differences.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Sublight engines are totally different.

Possibly, but because of the scalling errors, anybody could mistake it for a cruiser.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:11 PM
No it doesnt look the same, unless you've never watched SGA before. There are a large number of subtle differences.

On the contrary, I do watch the show. That's the key word: subtle. You would have to start enumerating the smallest of details for anybody to distinguish between a cruiser and hive ship if there were errs in scaling.

Harekin
June 8th, 2006, 01:18 PM
No you dont. The Hive Ships are fatter and more round than the Cruisers by far.

freyr's mother
June 8th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Possibly, but because of the scalling errors, anybody could mistake it for a cruiser.
Let me just go out on a limb here and say, no f***ing chance!

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/8310/hiveproof0di.png
The big one here is the Hive and the smaller one in red is the cruiser

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/8084/cruiser4ds.png
The one circled here is the cruiser.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks for posting. I still can't find a significant difference, other than a wider frame in the front of the hive ship, which would becomes negligible once you shrunk the ship to the size of a cruiser. I'm not debating whether or not they look exactly the same (which they don't), but the differences become somewhat negated once you put them into equal dimensions; and to add to that, the angle, distance which the show puts them in.

Harekin
June 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I dont think you know what your saying.

freyr's mother
June 8th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks for posting. I still can't find a significant difference, other than a wider frame in the front of the hive ship, which would become negligible once you shrunk the ship to the size of a cruiser. I'm not debating whether or not they look exactly the same (which they're not), but the differences become somewhat negated once you put them into equal dimensions; and to add to that, the angle, distance which the show puts them in.
Dude, just look at where the sublight drives are on the two.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Dude, just look at where the sublight drives are on the two.

Do you have other screen caps? It's kind of dark.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I dont think you know what your saying.

Okay.

Harekin
June 8th, 2006, 01:37 PM
They dont have the wing-like things at the back, the engines are totally different and the body shape is different. It'd be like saying the Deddy and the Prommie look the same man.

freyr's mother
June 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks for posting. I still can't find a significant difference, other than a wider frame in the front of the hive ship, which would becomes negligible once you shrunk the ship to the size of a cruiser. I'm not debating whether or not they look exactly the same (which they don't), but the differences become somewhat negated once you put them into equal dimensions; and to add to that, the angle, distance which the show puts them in.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9500/hiveschematic0qx.png

Here's a schematic of a hive. Just so you know, the cruisers can attach to hives. One each on those arm looking things and another at the front of the ship. I suspect they attach using those spikey looking things.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Kudos, do you have a clear shot of a cruiser?

freyr's mother
June 8th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Kudos, do you have a clear shot of a cruiser?
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/7364/cruisers3lt.png
Those three things above the Daedalus are cruisers.

Harekin
June 8th, 2006, 03:02 PM
And they look very little like Hives.

randy
June 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for posting the screen caps of the cruisers. As I explained before, while I agree there are differences in construction - for instance, the broad aspect of the anterior of a hive ship, and the placement of the sublight engines (or hyperdrive) - the majority of the ships' design is similar, in my point of view.

I wonder, freyr's mother, could you post a screen cap of the wave of cruisers the Daedalus attacked in season 2 premiere? Or were they hive ships? Thanks.

June 8th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Here are a few more pics of Cruisers from condemned.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/Avatar28/condemned512.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/Avatar28/_thb_condemned489.jpg
Close-up of the front of the cruiser as the drone hits it.

I had a hard time finding many really CLEAR pics from The Siege Pt 3, but here's a few:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/Avatar28/siege3x520.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/Avatar28/siege3x520.jpg

AlterianX
June 9th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Why dont they just send the Daedalus/Orion/Puddle Jumpers to help the invading Ori? I'm sure if any ship can give the Ori a run for their money, it's the Orion.
good point like the others has said they wont risk it over 60 hives are in the pegasis and if they do decide to show up there gonna need as much help as they can although Atlantis drones have been replunged dosnt mean they can kill all the hives as 9x hives would of destroyed the sheild within days so they need them