This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so many forum outages lately

just wondering if someone doesn't mind me asking why the forums keep going down is it the servers .hosting problems

I'm getting a little worried with July 14th coming
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 05 June 2006, 05:20 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Updates and recent hardware upgrades may be contributing to outages. Gateworld underwent a major hardware upgrade a month or so ago, so don't be surprised if the technical gang is still working the kinks out of the new server cluster. Also keep in mind that conditions and loads on your service provider networks can effect your ability to get here, too.

Comment

Yes, we have had outages. No, i don't know why. How bout we wait to see if Darren or Greg have the time to come in and let us know why it's been happening.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

great idea cuz this is like the first time i been able to get on all day
        sigpic

Comment

when i first woke up this morning it was down again that was 10 am est

Comment

I haven't been able to get onto Gateworld at all today, it's only within the past hour that the site has started loading for me. And that goes for the main site as well. It keeps timing out and saying "Server not found" although I seem to be in the minority on that as I've been talking to other people and they haven't had any problems at all. Today.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I haven't been able to get onto Gateworld at all today, it's only within the past hour that the site has started loading for me. And that goes for the main site as well. It keeps timing out and saying "Server not found" although I seem to be in the minority on that as I've been talking to other people and they haven't had any problems at all. Today.
              Well - interestingly, the people that haven't had problems seem to be Brits, and those that have, Americans. But that's not very extensive research. It's based on chatting with a few people.

All i can say is - i've had no problems (today. i have in previous days).
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I also had problems, I couldn't get on the forum but on the main site there was not a problem.

Comment

I've had problems getting onto the forum over the last few days, but managed okay today. Sometimes I've found that I can get onto the forum, but can't open threads.
                  It has been running slowly at times today, taking forever for pages to load.
                  sigpic

Comment

pages are loading ok for me right now if i use firefox

Comment

I haven't had any issues getting on in the past few days. I'm from the northeast US.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        I haven't had any issues getting on in the past few days. I'm from the northeast US.
                        if i use ie the forums load slow firefox right away

I'm from the northeast US
                        me too o thats cool

Comment

there have been a number of issues that have ben causing some headaches; i'll update you on these when i hit work in about 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                            if i use ie the forums load slow firefox right away

me too o thats cool
                            strange. I'm using IE and haven't had any issues with long load times recently. Maybe it's because i haven't been on-line during the forum outages. But it sounds like a variety of people from a variety of global regions are having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                              strange. I'm using IE and haven't had any issues with long load times recently. Maybe it's because i haven't been on-line during the forum outages. But it sounds like a variety of people from a variety of global regions are having issues.
                              well ithink in general firefox is faster then ie being the better broswer anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X