When does season 3 come to ABC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does season 3 come to ABC?

When does season 3 come to ABC? Damn I really want to know what happens to desmond! I hope he doesnt die...

No spoilers! Please!! I love finding out the mysteries and reading spoilers ruins shows!

September I think, but Im not entirely sure. I believe 6 episodes will be shown, followed by a long hiatus (12 weeks or something like that) followed by the remainder of the season without any repeats breaking up the episodes.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

october 11th i think.

eitehr way its october, not sept.

Comment

I hope the twelve weeks hiatas is not true. If it then I just perfere them to wait them extra weeks and release the entire season in one go.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
          I hope the twelve weeks hiatas is not true. If it then I just perfere them to wait them extra weeks and release the entire season in one go.
          I'd heard that they want to air the season in 7-8 week chunks, with breaks between each section.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
            I'd heard that they want to air the season in 7-8 week chunks, with breaks between each section.
            That sucks

Comment

If you listen to the podcast that was released the day after the season finale they explaine it. It's simple math really there are anywhere from 22-24 episodes a season (depends if you count the finale as 2 or the priemere as one etc.]. THere are definetly more than 22 weeks from September to May, so there either has to be reruns occasionally, or they run it in blocks (5 new episodes, 2 reruns, 5 new episodes, 3 reruns, etc.) or do what shows like 24 have done (succesfully) and done a half year run from January to May (also called a 'mid-season replacement').

What they have decided to do (allegedly) is something entirely differnt. According to the podcast the show will start "Late September" and run for six weeks with six brand new episdodes, the sixth ending with a cliffhanger some time in November. Here's the bad part, we then have to wait until February for the resolution to that cliffhanger and any new episodes at all. Then the show will run every week until May with new episodes. This way we get an uninterupted season (almost) and we don't have to wait until 2007 to find out what's happened on the island. It's their compromise. I hope it works.
              Last edited by robo_zuul; 04 June 2006, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Well I would just perfere 24 straight weeks of lost, it confusing enough with out the breaks.

Comment

I hope desmond doesnt die either, hes one of my fav characters on the show..plus i like his accent. I always imitate it

Comment

'Season three will begin airing on October 4, 2006. It will include 23 episodes that will be delivered in two blocks: an initial autumn arc of six episodes and a second run of seventeen consecutive episodes beginning in February 2007.'

Comment

Originally posted by DangerIsGo
                      I hope desmond doesnt die either, hes one of my fav characters on the show..plus i like his accent. I always imitate it
                      Hehe! Me too brotha! (or is it sistah? )

*needs to tape herself*
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Thanks robo_zuul for the info but I am really disgusted with it all. S2 drove me around the bend with all the crappy breaks. A show like 24 or Lost completely loses its flow when they break it down. 24 rocks and what they have done by starting in Jan is pure genius in my opinion. Hopefully they will learn from the awesome team behind 24 otherwise it would make more sense waiting for the DVDs. Hmmm. Long live Jack Bauer!!
                        Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                        ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                        <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

the season begins on October 4th. just FYI.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it starts on oct. 4

and if they killed ecko im gonna be pissed

Comment

because i didn't just say that the post before yours or anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X