PDA

View Full Version : Ancient repository episode, should one be done?

beale947
June 3rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
Well we have had two in SG-1, so many it has been done, but what do you think about one being set in atlantis, andwith all the tech etc. whoever does it can help the team. What to you think??

MarshAngel
June 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
No. Atlantis has already copied enough ideas from SG1 as it is. They already have a database. If they can't make efficient use of the one that doesn't call for brain damage, then I'm not sure the repository would be an improvement.

pavaneofstars
June 3rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
There wouldn't be a need for a repository in Atlantis like the one the SG teams found in the MW because of the database. But perhaps one somewhere else in the Pegasus galaxy? Not sure that should be an ep, though. As has already been said, several stories have been "borrowed" from SG1 by SGA. Maybe if it was mentioned in passing.

:)

Ace-Ventura
June 3rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
i doubt that there's an ancient repository on pegasus, that would be like give the wraith even more power

Harekin
June 3rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
i doubt that there's an ancient repository on pegasus, that would be like give the wraith even more power
How so? The repository's in the MW would only work on Humans...hence Tealc wasnt grabbed by it the first time they encountered it. So why the hell would they let the Wraith be able to use them?!

Ltcolshepjumper
June 3rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
How so? The repository's in the MW would only work on Humans

it never said it worked on all humans. It could have only worked on those with the Ancient gene, since the Ancients were the only "humans" with the mental capacity required to handle the strain of the knowledge.:sheppard:

Chutzpah
June 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
I enjoyed those episodes alot, infact they were both in my top 10 favorite episodes. I wouldn't be opposed to one happening on Atlantis.

Ace
June 3rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
No. Atlantis has already copied enough ideas from SG1 as it is. They already have a database. If they can't make efficient use of the one that doesn't call for brain damage, then I'm not sure the repository would be an improvement.

Sure it would... remember the Asgard have had access to the Ancient database for as long as Thor can remember. But looking for a particular solution to a problem like the Replicators required that O'Neill use his brain to comb for it in the repository.

A haystack of infinite size...

Ace

AlterianX
June 4th, 2006, 02:25 AM
maybe they find one but with a soul in it to tell them what happend with the war how they began etc and to tell them how to find there tech and to use the city to it's full power

2ndgenerationalteran
June 4th, 2006, 03:15 AM
it never said it worked on all humans. It could have only worked on those with the Ancient gene, since the Ancients were the only "humans" with the mental capacity required to handle the strain of the knowledge.:sheppard:

i thought that but jack seemed certain that it could work on any non jaffa or gould, in lost city.

but is that how ancient children learn? like, do they have a school or do they get their knowelege implanted? that would explain how their technology can advance so quickly...

MarshAngel
June 4th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Sure it would... remember the Asgard have had access to the Ancient database for as long as Thor can remember. But looking for a particular solution to a problem like the Replicators required that O'Neill use his brain to comb for it in the repository.

A haystack of infinite size...

Ace

Clarification...an improvement to the storyline

Having a repository can result in at least two things. First, an unnecessary rehash of SG1 episodes. Second, showing up the inconsistency of their current explorations of the database. The database they have, difficult as it may be, doesn't involve brain damage and death.... but I guess the Asgard can save the day...again.

2ndgenerationalteran
June 4th, 2006, 01:04 PM
didnt one flashy light show drain all of the power? how would a week of that (and incoherent ancient babling that leads to an inablity to talk) compare to the energy that would be expended by that device?

MarshAngel
June 4th, 2006, 02:26 PM
didnt one flashy light show drain all of the power? how would a week of that (and incoherent ancient babling that leads to an inablity to talk) compare to the energy that would be expended by that device?
Maybe the new and improved head suckers light show will use LEDs instead. ;)

GraceMolloy
June 5th, 2006, 05:49 AM
what would be the point? They live in Atlantis. The entire databse is sitting in their laps. Now if they would finally just pay Google to modify a good search engine for them ......

Artha O'neill
June 5th, 2006, 04:23 PM
what would be the point? They live in Atlantis. The entire databse is sitting in their laps. Now if they would finally just pay Google to modify a good search engine for them ......
lol