Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient repository episode, should one be done?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient repository episode, should one be done?

Well we have had two in SG-1, so many it has been done, but what do you think about one being set in atlantis, andwith all the tech etc. whoever does it can help the team. What to you think??

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

No. Atlantis has already copied enough ideas from SG1 as it is. They already have a database. If they can't make efficient use of the one that doesn't call for brain damage, then I'm not sure the repository would be an improvement.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

There wouldn't be a need for a repository in Atlantis like the one the SG teams found in the MW because of the database. But perhaps one somewhere else in the Pegasus galaxy? Not sure that should be an ep, though. As has already been said, several stories have been "borrowed" from SG1 by SGA. Maybe if it was mentioned in passing.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

i doubt that there's an ancient repository on pegasus, that would be like give the wraith even more power

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-Ventura
          i doubt that there's an ancient repository on pegasus, that would be like give the wraith even more power
          How so? The repository's in the MW would only work on Humans...hence Tealc wasnt grabbed by it the first time they encountered it. So why the hell would they let the Wraith be able to use them?!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
          Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
          the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
          Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
            How so? The repository's in the MW would only work on Humans
            it never said it worked on all humans. It could have only worked on those with the Ancient gene, since the Ancients were the only "humans" with the mental capacity required to handle the strain of the knowledge.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I enjoyed those episodes alot, infact they were both in my top 10 favorite episodes. I wouldn't be opposed to one happening on Atlantis.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                No. Atlantis has already copied enough ideas from SG1 as it is. They already have a database. If they can't make efficient use of the one that doesn't call for brain damage, then I'm not sure the repository would be an improvement.
                Sure it would... remember the Asgard have had access to the Ancient database for as long as Thor can remember. But looking for a particular solution to a problem like the Replicators required that O'Neill use his brain to comb for it in the repository.

A haystack of infinite size...

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

maybe they find one but with a soul in it to tell them what happend with the war how they began etc and to tell them how to find there tech and to use the city to it's full power
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_5rq5DiN6o/[Ori Trailer]
                  http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3435/myaniqy9.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                    it never said it worked on all humans. It could have only worked on those with the Ancient gene, since the Ancients were the only "humans" with the mental capacity required to handle the strain of the knowledge.
                    i thought that but jack seemed certain that it could work on any non jaffa or gould, in lost city.

but is that how ancient children learn? like, do they have a school or do they get their knowelege implanted? that would explain how their technology can advance so quickly...
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      Sure it would... remember the Asgard have had access to the Ancient database for as long as Thor can remember. But looking for a particular solution to a problem like the Replicators required that O'Neill use his brain to comb for it in the repository.

A haystack of infinite size...

Ace
                      Clarification...an improvement to the storyline

Having a repository can result in at least two things. First, an unnecessary rehash of SG1 episodes. Second, showing up the inconsistency of their current explorations of the database. The database they have, difficult as it may be, doesn't involve brain damage and death.... but I guess the Asgard can save the day...again.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

didnt one flashy light show drain all of the power? how would a week of that (and incoherent ancient babling that leads to an inablity to talk) compare to the energy that would be expended by that device?
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                          didnt one flashy light show drain all of the power? how would a week of that (and incoherent ancient babling that leads to an inablity to talk) compare to the energy that would be expended by that device?
                          Maybe the new and improved head suckers light show will use LEDs instead.

Comment

what would be the point? They live in Atlantis. The entire databse is sitting in their laps. Now if they would finally just pay Google to modify a good search engine for them ......

Comment

Originally posted by GraceMolloy
                              what would be the point? They live in Atlantis. The entire databse is sitting in their laps. Now if they would finally just pay Google to modify a good search engine for them ......
                              lol
                              Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Working...
                              X