GateWorld in EW magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld in EW magazine

I just received my copy of Entertainment weekly and I was trilled to find that it has a one-page article on Stargate!! And not only on Stargate, but it also mentions Gateworld! It was about time! Anyway... If you are interested here is a link to a scan (low quality) I did.

The article contains Spoilers

(click for full view)

(image from EW #880 June9,2006)
    Last edited by Chel-nak; 03 June 2006, 11:53 AM.

Thanks for posting the article.
    sigpic

Comment

Nice, even more reasons to buy the issue
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chel-nak
        I just received my copy of Entertainment weekly and I was trilled to find that it has a one-page article on Stargate!! And not only on Stargate, but it also mentions Gateworld! It was about time! Anyway... If you are interested here is a link to a scan (low quality) I did.

The article contains Spoilers

(click for full view)

(image from EW #880 June9,2006)

There's actually already a thread on this article at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29298

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          There's actually already a thread on this article at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29298

Didn't even noticed! Sorry... but I guess this goes to show us that " "everything" is on the eye of the beholder " cause I saw the article more as a 'Gateworld on EW' than a 'News about Stargate'... maybe cause the actual acticle on stargate is so off! hehehe anyway, thanx for pointing that out.

Comment

Didn't even noticed! Sorry... but I guess this goes to show us that " "everything" is on the eye of the beholder " cause I saw the article more as a 'Gateworld on EW' than a 'News about Stargate'... maybe cause the actual acticle on stargate is so off! hehehe anyway, thanx for pointing that out.
            Heh, well, i'd like to think the marrionnette mention is 'off' as so far the spoilers for the episode "200" are a complete turnoff....

Comment

Woo! Everyone buy this issue.

I was afraid we'd been cut from the article. This is easily the biggest promotion / recognition the site has ever received in the mainstream media. I'll thrilled.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

that is sweet lets hope i can find it around (where I am) should be able to.
                sigpic

Comment

WOO HOO!!! GW has come into its own...HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Did anybody look closely at the article? We are apparently called "Gaters," I personally prefer "GateHeads," well I guess it's time for an official vote to see what out Official titles are as fans.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      Did anybody look closely at the article? We are apparently called "Gaters," I personally prefer "GateHeads," well I guess it's time for an official vote to see what out Official titles are as fans.
                      The only time I have heard Stargate fans referred to as Gaters have been people mentioning at Gatecon or this board. Dont' know why every fan has to have a moniker assigned to them anyway.... just plain old Stargate viewer/fan is fine by me.

Comment

I don't mind being call a 'Gater' it beats "geek," which is what my friends callme for being so obressed with Stargate hehe
                        As for "GateHeads," well... I don't really like it that much, I rather be called Gater any day!

There's something about having a little 'fan tag' that unites fans... I don't really know what it is.

Comment

Congrads GW on the recognition! As if the servers weren't strained enough.

Comment

I reacon we should crack open a bottle of champage t celibrete being part of the biggest ad bestest stargate community.
                            Its got to be a very big bottle
                            Hola

Hello

Comment

I don't mind being call a 'Gater' it beats "geek," which is what my friends callme for being so obressed with Stargate hehe
                              As for "GateHeads," well... I don't really like it that much, I rather be called Gater any day!

There's something about having a little 'fan tag' that unites fans... I don't really know what it is.
                              Alas, the term 'gater' has been snatched long ago by other groups:
                              --Folks who tailgate (that picnicking stuff at sports game)
                              --A person who lives in a gated community
                              --But the most famous usage is gator (it's not like you're going to spell it out if you're say you're a gater (or gator)) are fans of a Florida football team.

Comment

Working...
                              X