Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Tom Baker Live In My Home Town? Help With Information Please...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Tom Baker Live In My Home Town? Help With Information Please...

Ok, I haven't mentioned this because I am sure people would think I am crazy. I heard a story 20 years ago about Tom Baker living in my home town of Tigard Oregon here in the states. It goes something like this;

Back in the early to mid 1980s, I was attending Junior High School here in Tigard. I heard a story from a fellow student, and fellow Who fan, that there was a youngster (grade school age) in a wheelchair who claimed to have gone to Tom Baker's house. He said that Tom was living in the states trying to get work in Hollywood and didn't care for Los Angeles so he moved up here to Oregon, as the weather is closer to what you would find in England, and it's still only two hours away from Hollywood.

Well, I figured that this kid, like a lot of kids his age, was living in a bit of a fantasy world and was making it up. I didn't think much of it.

A short while longer I met a different young man (also in a wheelchair and also about grade school age) who claimed he too went to Tom Bakers house. He said that Baker didn't have a lot to do with Doctor Who at that time, and that he was doing what he could to put that part of his life behind him. However, he did allow disabled childeren who were Who fans to visit him from time to time and hosted a lunch for them. Seemed he had a bit of a soft spot in his heart.

Needless to say once I heard two stories from two different people it made me wonder if maybe it was true. Maybe Tom Baker did live in my home town. Everytime I went out, I was looking at everyone to see if maybe they were Tom Baker. Obviously, I didn't see him.

Ok, so the question I ask you all is, could there be any truth to this, or is this simply the imagination of two young childeren?
    My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
    Build a Dalek
    Build a TARDIS
    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
    The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Surely this can't be beyond the reach of the almighty Google? Or a Dr Who/Tom Baker fan club if there is such a thing?
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
      Surely this can't be beyond the reach of the almighty Google? Or a Dr Who/Tom Baker fan club if there is such a thing?

It's beyond google. I tried that a long time ago.

Tom Baker fan clubs look at me like a guppy at feeding time.

That is why I turned here. I figured that someone who posts might know something.

Build a Dalek
      Build a TARDIS
      Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
      The Police Box Website

Comment

I would try Outpost Gallifrey... the knowledge in that fanbase is astonishing to the point of being pedantic...
        http://www.doctorwhoforum.com
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
          I would try Outpost Gallifrey... the knowledge in that fanbase is astonishing to the point of being pedantic...
          http://www.doctorwhoforum.com

Already have.....

Got more response here.........

Build a Dalek
          Build a TARDIS
          The Police Box Website

Comment

You could ask the man himself --

http://www.tombaker.tv/

he answers 12 questions a month. I do know that he appeared in Remington Steele so he obviously worked in the US at some point but I also know that that was the *only* US work he did so I don't know if he actually lived there.

Comment

Tried that....

Build a Dalek
              Build a TARDIS
              The Police Box Website

Comment

Working...
              X