This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Effects Request For Season 3

In the third season, there is one thing I would really like to see a lot more of, even though I know its super hard.

I'd like to see more rendered water, including possible closeups of it, not just a long distance view of the city and the ocean from the sky.

It seems like it is one of the hardest things to render properly, but I have faith in the visual team.

Is there anything else anyone would like to see in Season 3?

P.S.

In case any of the visual team is reading this... I love the night shots you guys are using, the lighting effects are simply amazing. Is there a "Make It Look Cool!" filter in Maya or whatever program you guys are using?
    Last edited by muffhead; 01 June 2006, 11:00 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

I agree 100%! The special effects guys do a fantasitc job. Its one of the main reasons the show is so enjoyable.

I'm a sucker for space battles personally. I loved the battle over Atlantis in the Seige- absolutely brilliant. And yes, I realise it doesn't exactly qualify as a space battle but it was awesome anyway.
    sigpic
    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Few things that are on my wishlist for S3:
      *underwater/underneth shot of atlantis ( maybe flying or moving)
      *more of those cool 'fly about' camera shots...like in Siege 2/3
      *again space battles and shoot em ups...im a suck for them!
      *more of free willy! i love the animals, bring them back!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Has anyone seen the water for the new Zelda game? That looks amazing.

Anyways, while the water did look good in S 1-2, It just seemed a little bland.
        And yea, more sea creatures. Hostile sea creatures attacking Atlantis from the outside!
        I can see it now, Sheppard wakes up and looks towards his window (let's just say it's underwater...) and a giant yellow eye is peering back at him.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

So thats where Godzilla came from....Planet Atlantis.....explains alot. Like his healing ability...hes a mutated ancient....
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Working...
          X