X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith in X-Men 3?

I just saw X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

When Dr. Jean Grey uses her powers as The Phoenix, It looks like she is becoming a WRAITH! I searched for a pic but i couldnt find one!

Anyone see x-men 3 and agree?
    Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Originally posted by Homeslice55
    I just saw X-Men 3: The Last Stand.

When Dr. Jean Grey uses her powers as The Phoenix, It looks like she is becoming a WRAITH! I searched for a pic but i couldnt find one!

Anyone see x-men 3 and agree?
    I saw it a couple days ago so it's not fresh in my mind, but it did somewhat look like she was! Kind of creepy!

Comment

Just saw it yesterday, and personally I did't see any connection to the wraith.
      On the other hand it reminded me of Willow in Buffy, when she turns evil on a rampage for revenge.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
        On the other hand it reminded me of Willow in Buffy, when she turns evil on a rampage for revenge.
        Oh yeah - much more Willow-like - with the veiny skin and all - than Wraith-like..
        sigpic

Comment

I remember the scene... but there was nothing Wraith-like about it. Sorry; not seeing it.

I remember thinking how old Jean / Phoenix suddenly looked in that scene (dunno if that's what they intended), as if the full weight of the Phoenix's power (and the realisation of the murders she'd committed) were only now weighing down on her. On such a beautiful woman, I wasn't a fan of how she looked, but I loved the scene despite this (plus her final plee to Wolverine, which was brilliant).

Jean turning people to dust actually reminded me more of the radiation weapon from Star Trek: Nemesis, as it happens!
          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

When I saw it the second time (Had to for the scene after the credits) *which wasn't truly worth it* I was watching and the only time I thought she acutally looked Wraith like was when she was in her house with Xavier. When they were both "floating". I don't know Willow so I can't compare them

Comment

only connection i can make is they both put beautiful women in makeup to make them look horifying
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                Oh yeah - much more Willow-like - with the veiny skin and all - than Wraith-like..

yeah i agree
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by travis

sure does that willow was creepy and mean lol.
                  Other men said they have seen angels,
                  But I have seen thee
                  And thou art enough. True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
                  Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. To be in love is merely to be
                  In a state of perpetual anesthesia:
                  To mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god
                  Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess.

SHEPPARD/WEIR SAM/JACK VALA/DANIEL 4 EVER!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X