PDA

View Full Version : SGH/SGD Fan Cross-over Episode!

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
For a while now, I've been hoping to hear word of a cross-over between the two series, but there's been nothing yet, so, if possible, would anyone be willing to help me with writing one? I'm hoping for writers who know the Horizon characters and Destiny characters thoroughly, and hopefully maybe one writer from each staff. ;)

Wineblood
May 31st, 2006, 02:10 AM
Just curious, but how are you going to pull that story off ??

captainpash
May 31st, 2006, 04:26 AM
Well, Ryu to be honest Wineblood and I have thrown around the idea and we really couldn't come up with anything. It is a pretty nice idea but no one can really figure out how to make it work. I mean each show can always give the other one a nod, but a full crossover it just won't work.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 31st, 2006, 09:39 AM
'Gimme a little while, I'll come up with something.

Wineblood
May 31st, 2006, 10:24 AM
I'll race ya, first with a decent crossover story wins :cameron:

lionel_pendergast_rocks
May 31st, 2006, 10:32 AM
Well, we at SGD had thought a little about this, and we figured that it would be best if a crossover ep took place on Horizon... maybe something like those episodes of ST: Voyager with Barclay, I dont know though.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 31st, 2006, 11:09 AM
SGH 3.0X: "Run Around"
After an encounter with the Malecathi, the Destiny discovers a sabatuer onboard who has defectively destroyed their long range scanners, and has set a timer on the hyperdrives. While no one can quite figure out what it does, time soon runs out - and the Destiny jumps into a star system, and jumps out of it, as it catches the tail-end of a supernova! Eventually, they arrive in a distant galaxy, adrift, their hyperdrives dead, and effectively blind without their long range scanners.

Meanwhile, the Horizon crew discovers a ship that has crash-landed on a planet in the Triangulum galaxy - one that seems to be oddly familiar in its design. A brief exploration into the ship by Horizon-1 leads to them discovering the crew of the Destiny. They all go back to Horizon, where they try to piece together the events leading up to this - while they are faced with the option of returning to Earth.

But soon, everything is changed as the dialing systems are destroyed, and control of the station is lost to the sabateur - or, rather, sabateurs. Four Onslaught Cruisers arrive in the vicinity of the station, as the co-ordinates of Earth are transmitted to them. The Horizon crew quickly gains back control of the station and creates an interference field to prevent the sabateurs from being beamed up, forcing the Malecathi sabateurs onboard to leave via a ship - allowing Horizon-1 and Orion-1 to sneak aboard the ship before it leaves.

Now, onboard an Onslaught Cruiser, en-route to Earth the Horizon and Orion teams must work together to destroy the Onslaught Cruisers before they arrive at their destination.

w00t! I win.

Wineblood
May 31st, 2006, 11:56 AM
Damnit, I hate losing. Nice plot though.

captainpash
May 31st, 2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah, umm it works, but seriously I don't think it will ever happen as a show.

NoDot
May 31st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Can we stop with the Supernovas! How about Time Dilation in hyperspace? That might be able to shorten things up a bit...

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 31st, 2006, 12:59 PM
Yeah, umm it works, but seriously I don't think it will ever happen as a show.
Yes, well, that's why it's a fan cross-over.

captainpash
May 31st, 2006, 01:01 PM
Whatever.

SierraGulf1
May 31st, 2006, 02:20 PM
While there are a few ways to get the two teams together (Ryu's idea might work nicely as a fan story), I think the easiest way would be through AU or some sort of Stargate malfunction. The former doesn't really offer the opportunity to use the real characters, and the latter requires some thought to make work.

Would I be interested in seeing on? Of course. :) I'm sure Takeshi and Tom would get along well.

NoDot
May 31st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well, if you're looking for a method via Stargate malfunction, you might have the wormhole wrap around a black hole. In theory, the gravity would cause the wormhole's direction to warp and accelerate it to insane speeds, sending it far off to the Orion Galaxy (or the Holokarian Galaxy if you're a part of Atlantis(II) which got sent far away by accident, stranded 300 years in the past a googolplex lightyears away from home...).

captainpash
May 31st, 2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah that would be cool, but to get home you would have to do the same thing or plan the long trip back.

SierraGulf1
May 31st, 2006, 03:13 PM
Good point. Shame I'm up to my eyeballs in schoolwork, after which Horizon will be getting to S3 production. I'll be hard at work for a while. If anyone runs would this, I could assist here and there need be.

captainpash
May 31st, 2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah Finals.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Good point. Shame I'm up to my eyeballs in schoolwork, after which Horizon will be getting to S3 production. I'll be hard at work for a while. If anyone runs would this, I could assist here and there need be.
That would be great, because I actually think I'm going to plan and write it! :D

knowles2
May 31st, 2006, 06:07 PM
Well here a idea of sought for a cross over.

The destiny crew discover a ancient research space station. The ancients made a discovery which even they thought could never excist a naturally appearing worm hole. After resaerch the destiny crew discover that the wormhole was being experimented on by the ancients and set up the space station to study it. After years of research they manage to gain controle of the worm hole and even know they still did not know how it was formed they have manage to build a device which is able to manipulate the worm hole so that it exit event horizon could be open any where in the universe. The destiny crew relise that the ancient could not stabalise the wormhole to allow a space craft travel through it but they did manage to design and build the neccessery technology to allow them to scan through the wormhole and to allow communication throught it. Unknown to the destiny crew the Malecathi have been monituring their activities on the station and have been carrying their own research into the worm hole. The destiny learn how to use the ancient technology on the station and they relise that they could realign the wormhole to a location near the horizon station and that they could possible maintain a more reliable communications through it. But as they continue their research the crew relise that the ancients had far greater plans, and have plans to use similar technology to the asguard beaming technolgy to beam probes through the worm hole. Unfortantly they never got around to carrying out these experiments with their transporter device but they get their communication and scanning technology functioning .

The Malecathi manage to hack through the station computer and learn of this technology. Surfice to say destiny will establish contact with horizon and then the Malecathi use their own transporters technology to beam aboard horizon through the wormhole, in massive numbers, a battle breaks out around the ancient space station and on board horizon , eventually we win but are force to destroy the station and use the ancient technology perminatly close the wormhole.

This could work quite nice especally if the either of the crew is force to come to the aid of each other. Infact you could have destiny being force into retreat why a portion of their people remain on the station under the protection of the ancient defence systems. This could then be arrange so that these people have to use the ancient transporter to transport throught the wormhole an help the horizon crew defeat th Malecathi troops.
Or the ancient station could be taken by the Malecathi with members of the crew taken hostage, the horizon team could then be force to modifi their own asguard transporters to allow travel through the wormhole and rescue, in cooperation with the rest of the destiny crew would then take on the Malecathi cruisers. We could also have a asguard appearing in the eeisode and who helps with modifications require to use their transporters in this way.

All long long post but lots of ideas.

Tiletron
June 27th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Can we stop with the Supernovas! How about Time Dilation in hyperspace? That might be able to shorten things up a bit...

In a way time dilation occurs in Hyperspace at a very constant rate. Because you are effectively breaking the light-barrier making a corridor to get from point to another in the universe, you are maintaining sync with normal time instead of it being accelerated by G-forces. If you were not breaking the barrier, you would not only reach the destination at a slower ratio, but time would pass much quickly outside the continuum you exist in; due to how the G-forces affect your inertia while moving through space...

The idea of a crossover is very interesting. I think if it ever occured it would be a collaboration between Alex and Aaron, though, as they would know best on how to do something like that.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 27th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Actually Geoff is the boss and I'm not big on the idea.

Esquin
June 27th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Not big? Aaron you nearly tor my head off when I started suggesting it back in January. Yes people i'm on your side and if I have anything to say about it then a Destiny/Horizon cross over is is a very real possibility. There hasn't been any official communication about it, about a story or it even happening at all but don't worry. I have a few ideas that could work to do it.

Tiletron
June 28th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Gald to hear it. To me, Horizon's always been about continuing the franchise instead of flying off a tangent into something else which means, even if our shows are separate, there should still be some correlation that links them all together.

After all, the show we do and your own are both about Stargate, and there should be some connection between them... even if its probably only one or two episodes.

SierraGulf1
June 30th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Indeed, we've established that connection in Horizon's midseasoner and in Destiny's premiere. I think we could continue with brief references here and there when applicable, but a crossover would be a huge endeavor that both sides would have to agree and work on.

captainpash
July 2nd, 2006, 05:54 AM
Crossover. Well, as I've said before they are pretty hard to do. Ideas have been bouncing around on both sides, and if one is doable then I would be all for it, but until then well we'll just have to wait, and see.