X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are some good Atlantis pictures?

Hi there!

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction so that I could find some cool-looking Atlantis pictures. I wanted to make a SGA background that will fit my Zodiac.

The size of the picture for the Zodiac's launcher screen bg works best at 450x292 pixels, so it's usually something where I have to 'zodify' the picture so that it'll work. What would be neat is to find pictures with the Atlantis Stargate in an orthographic front view on the left of the picture, because the Zodiac uses a radial menu with 8 selection 'nodes' on the screen's left side. If not, any Atlantis-themed picture would be great.

It's a fun challenge to find a picture that'll work as a bg. Another fun deal is that pictures have to be darker on the right side and lighter on the left side because the Zodiac menus use white writing on the right and black on the left. And then there's an "All" apps screen where the application names are all written in white which also would be helpful to read against the background. So a bg that I like sometimes works well in the "Home" launcher screen, but not in the "All" screen, or it works better (readability-wise) on one side or the other...

But pictures don't have to specifically meet the above requirements to the letter, as my current "I, Robot"-themed bg is adapted from some downloads you can find here (and it still works well because there is enough contrast to read the names of the applications):

Well, thanks in advance for any help!

SGA fans' ages poll

That is one incredible site! I cant believe it....

I looked all over for pictures of that car. I thought it would have been online when the movie came out but it was a normal AUDI advertisement. To bad this site wasnt on there....

Keep up the excellent work. Wish I knew how to make such awesome sites as that. That was like a little movie. Superb.

Kind regards,
    Lionheart

Comment

Um, no... I don't get any credit for that site- it's a collaboration between Fox and Audi. I found it from the Audi website. But it is cool how they promote Audi and "I, Robot" in an interactive way as if it's the year 2035!

P.S.- Cool LionHeartCreations website! Sorry I can't help ya out though.
      Last edited by Z_2; 02 August 2004, 09:49 AM.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by Z_2
        I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction so that I could find some cool-looking Atlantis pictures. I wanted to make a SGA background that will fit my Zodiac.

The size of the picture for the Zodiac's launcher screen bg works best at 450x292 pixels, so it's usually something where I have to 'zodify' the picture so that it'll work. What would be neat is to find pictures with the Atlantis Stargate in an orthographic front view on the left of the picture, because the Zodiac uses a radial menu with 8 selection 'nodes' on the screen's left side. If not, any Atlantis-themed picture would be great.
        Will this do?

You can find more on the official website.

You could also make your own screen captures. New-Atlantis.net has a video clip archive if you don't have ready access to digital recordings of episodes.
        To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Buzz-

I really like that picture of the gate, and although you can use the Zodiac in portrait or landscape mode, the home launcher screen is in landscape, so pictures need to be upright where the width (450 pixels) is longer than the height (292 pixels). There was a title screen at new-atlantis that I wanted to use, but the wording was 456 pixels wide, and I didn't feel like messing with it at the moment...

Thanks for the links, though

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by Z_2
            Buzz-

I really like that picture of the gate, and although you can use the Zodiac in portrait or landscape mode, the home launcher screen is in landscape, so pictures need to be upright where the width (450 pixels) is longer than the height (292 pixels). There was a title screen at new-atlantis that I wanted to use, but the wording was 456 pixels wide, and I didn't feel like messing with it at the moment...

Thanks for the links, though
            Ever use IrfanView? This nifty little freeware program not only allows you to view virtually any graphic image format, but you can also use it to crop and re-size images to just the proportions you want.
            To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Thanks again for the help! I'll have to try irfanview when I get the chance. I guess I'll keep the RSQ as the background until then.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

http://www.new-atlantis.net/ - screencap section, you will have to cut and resize pictures by yourself...but they are good quality and closer to the size you need.

Comment

Try this one:

http://www.stargate3d.fsnet.co.uk/Ne...e-Atlantis.jpg

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Go here:

http://scifi.about.com/blstargate_apix1.htm

Nice shots, they can enlarge, crisp, no logos stamped on 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      Go here:

http://scifi.about.com/blstargate_apix1.htm

Nice shots, they can enlarge, crisp, no logos stamped on 'em.
                      Just be aware.....mad pop ups.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        Just be aware.....mad pop ups.
                        What pop ups?

Well, I use Firefox... that might explain the absence of pop ups for me.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                          What pop ups?

Well, I use Firefox... that might explain the absence of pop ups for me.

Yea, I'm not a fan of FireFox, I use Opera, and it still had like 2-3 popups.

Comment

Opera blocks pop-ups!

I use Netscape 7.1, no pop ups for me!
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Below are two images that I might want to use. The first is a desktop wallpaper, so it'll need to be resized. But the second is just a little bigger than I need, so a little cropping here and there (it's 460x298), and I'll have an Atlantis-themed bg for my Zodiac! :grin: Is it just me, or does this sketch look different than how Atlantis was finally visualized in the series?

http://www.coolwallpapers.org/download.php?wallz=14645 http://www.stargate-atlantis.freeser...ntissketch.jpg (shown below):

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Working...
                              X