No announcement yet.

The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is actually my first post here so I thought I'd jump in here.....

I'm so happy to see this post here as I only got into the whole J/D slash thing a few months ago (a bit late in the day I know) when I read somewhere about this Jack/Daniel slash thing that I hadn't heard about before (honestly). Anyway at the time I was watching the early seasons on DVD most of which I hadn't seen before (I only really got into the whole stargate
    thing after Atlantis started) and it just suddenly made sense to me.
    The arguments, the apologies, the talking in unison, the looks and finishing each other's sentences, these guys just have a chemistry I don't think I've seen anywhere else on TV.
    It's nice to know the J/D thing is still out there and others see the same thing I do.

I love the whole subtext thing on the show, it amazes me how people can read things so differently, and reading fanfic it seems you can explain away anything!
    I also like reading friendship fics as much, sometimes more than slash, depending on the story.

In my world I see Daniel visiting Jack in Washington every chance he gets, the distance doesn't have to be a problem. I really don't see the Daniel/Mitchell thing, but I don't totally dismiss it, I happen to like Mitchell a lot!

I hope we get at least some good scenes in season 10 with MS & RDA together, I know RDA is doing 2 SG1 eps & 3 SGA eps. I was hoping that they might have Jack and Daniel in Atlantis together which would be interesting, but it doesn't look like that will happen (at least at the same time). I loved that scene in Origin where Jack admits he's not sorry Daniel didn't go to Atlantis, it's become a "thing" between them. (going back to the whole subtext thing again)

Finally some of my favourite J/D episodes/moments,

Abyss - one of my fav episodes
    Need
    The glasses scene in the elevator in Serpent's Venom
    The elevator scene in Full Circle
    "I might not remember everything but I remember enough" from Fallen, one of those lines that could mean so many things.
    "Daniel go to your happy place" in Enemy Mine
    The "you shot me" thing in Lockdown
    That flag scene It made up for some of the other stuff going on in that episode in my opinion.
    From Moebius part 1, Daniel - "what's going on" Jack - "You been shopping online lately" and "I prefer stamps"
    Then when Balinsky is showing Jack his rock collection, Daniel runs in and says "Jack we need to talk, sorry for interrupting"
    I love how Jack grabs his arm "If it's important you must interrupt, you must"
    and doesn't let go until they run out the door and Jack kind of pats Daniel on the back.
    Balinsky seems none the wiser

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

grasshopper64, welcome! You seem to have quite a firm grasp (groan - sorry)on the whole J/D THING already from what I can tell.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64
        It's nice to know the J/D thing is still out there and others see the same thing I do.

I love the whole subtext thing on the show, it amazes me how people can read things so differently, and reading fanfic it seems you can explain away anything!
        I also like reading friendship fics as much, sometimes more than slash, depending on the story.
        Welcome to you and everyone else.
        I thought I should set up shop here as I usually act as a bad influence in the MS/Daniel thunk thread.

I particularly loved the scene in Serpents Venom with Jack pushing Daniel's glasses, it's just so intimate, so personal. And I loved the look shared between Sam and Jacob too, so knowing.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
          Welcome to you and everyone else.
          I thought I should set up shop here as I usually act as a bad influence in the MS/Daniel thunk thread.

I particularly loved the scene in Serpents Venom with Jack pushing Daniel's glasses, it's just so intimate, so personal. And I loved the look shared between Sam and Jacob too, so knowing.

FF
          Elevator Thing!! *cackle*

Comment

Don't forget The Light Thing!

Comment

**runs in**

**runs out**

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                How could we forget The Light Thing!....poor Daniel in his despair...and poor Jack too....I felt for them both so much in that scene....

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hi everyone!
                  Thought I just drop in here, see how it is

I'm not really a big fan of the slash between Jack and Daniel, but I've read Thing and I like the deep friendship between them.

I also made a music vid of that friendship (download link below in my sig size 14mb)

I do think some Thing is going on between the boys
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah! Another slash thread.

Originally posted by Frostfox
                    I tend to do the friendship riff for the show and the slash angle for fanfic, purely because slash is my kink. Why have one hot man when you can have two?
                    Lol! I can't believe you never started this thread before, but as you said GW isn't really swamped with slash fans; I notice a lot of lurkers for McKay/Sheppard and when Shex (Sheppard/Dex) and Rockett (Rodney/Beckett) were lets say more active threads, there were plenty of fans for a more *mature* relationship if not just for the fun angle.

Personally I like the fun angle.

I love this scene.

Comment

I love the fun angle too.....however you perceive the "Jack/Daniel relationship/friendship" thing, for me the sense of fun either from the behind the scenes clips with the two actors, the banter between the characters on the show and some of the genuinely funny fanfiction out there, it all adds up to a fantastic mix of two complex personalities......interesting, poignant, argumentative, flirty - just brilliant.....sort of reminds me a bit of my 23 years of marriage ...

And this thread gives me a great opportunity to post some fantastic screen caps encompassing all those qualities mentioned above...

Deeds xx
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva
                        sort of reminds me a bit of my 23 years of marriage ...
                        Wow, glad you're still having so much fun after 23 years ... setting a good example for J and D!
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                          Wow, glad you're still having so much fun after 23 years ... setting a good example for J and D!
                          Well actually when you think about it some work relationships last longer than many marriages!....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't really have any good slash pics, but I'm sure that Foxy could come up with a slashy caption for this one. All my pics of D/J look more friendshipy.

No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                              I don't really have any good slash pics, but I'm sure that Foxy could come up with a slashy caption for this one. All my pics of D/J look more friendshipy.

"Put it away, Dannyboy, you don't know where it's been..."

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

WOW! A Jack/Daniel friendship/slash thread!!
                                I love the connection between these 2 characters, hence really, really enjoy reading slash fanfics!!
                                I posted a few links to some fantastic fics on the J/D fanfic thread....I've also read Anais' Thingfic!!!!! LMAO...
                                In the words of so many......They are sooooooo doin' it!!!!!!!
                                I reckon you can see Thing in almost every piccy/scene with Jack and his Daniel.....I mean, caption these whumpable piccys.....

Jack Daniellll...It's a little tight!!!! Daniel Hold still a minute.....
                                Spoiler:
                                Daniel Y'know,,,,these S&M games are a lot of fun!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X