The Jack O'Neill/Daniel Jackson slash and friendship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally made it over here!

I need to go back and watch that! I saw it when I first got the DVD set, but not since. May try to tomorrow!

Elevators are such a PITA!

Read my fanfic here:True Nature

Comment

Originally posted by SGFlutegirl
      Finally made it over here!

I need to go back and watch that! I saw it when I first got the DVD set, but not since. May try to tomorrow!
      Do watch it! I seriously have played that thing more than the actual episode.
      Co-President of F.O.R.D. My SG-1 Slashfiction MyLiveJournal

Comment

COME ON PEOPLE...we cannot seriously be the only slashers here.

Oh, and will the mods get upset if I want to start a Danny/Mitchell thread (*IF* I see that one might be necessary...that bit of fandom might just stay in my head)

My Favorite Jayne Quotes:
        "Time for some thrilling heroics."
        "These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me."
        "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in ruttin' command."
        "I'll be in my bunk."

Comment

You can open up a Daniel/Mitchell thread if it stays within the PG rules of this forum. Even though personally I wouldn't start shipping for any pairing when one of the characters hasn't even been introduced yet. But maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
            Even though personally I wouldn't start shipping for any pairing when one of the characters hasn't even been introduced yet. But maybe that's just me.
            Well, it's at least you and me.

I expect good things from Daniel and Mitchell, my little heart perked right up at the first mention of Ben Browder being on the show and has been frolicking about like one of those morning people who really need to be taken off the Cocoa Puffs ever since; but I haven't actually seen anything between the characters yet, obviously, so there isn't much to comment on.

And I'm a bit hesitant to think too much about what I'd like to see between the characters, relationship-wise - slash filter on or off - because I don't want to end up even mildly disappointed in something worthwhile and interesting, just because it isn't what I had envisioned.

Not that such sensible thinking is any impediment to the frolicking.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
              Well, it's at least you and me.

I expect good things from Daniel and Mitchell, my little heart perked right up at the first mention of Ben Browder being on the show and has been frolicking about like one of those morning people who really need to be taken off the Cocoa Puffs ever since; but I haven't actually seen anything between the characters yet, obviously, so there isn't much to comment on.

TC
              I also like BB and think we will be a great addition to the cast. I'm hoping for some some good Daniel/Cameron interaction, mostly because I miss the Daniel/Jack dynamic so much. It wont replace them in my affections but but it would increase my enjoyment for MS/Daniel to have someone to play off.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                I also like BB and think we will be a great addition to the cast.
                The way I figure it, you really can't go wrong adding Ben Browder to anything, it's just a matter of seeing how "right" things will be.

He and Michael seem very much of the "same school," performance and perspective-wise; they should raise the bar for each other very nicely and I think I'm looking forward to that more than anything else.

That they'll look so darn delicious while they're doing it is just a big ol' beautiful blue-eyed bonus.

TC
                Last edited by Tucker Case; 16 April 2005, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker Case
                  The way I figure it, you really can't go wrong adding Ben Browder to anything, it's just a matter of seeing how "right" things will be.

He and Michael seem very much of the "same school," performance and perspective-wise; they should raise the bar for each other very nicely and I'm think I'm looking forward to that more than anything else.

That they'll look so darn delicious while they're doing it is just a big ol' beautiful blue-eyed bonus.

TC
                  Tsk, it's going to be such a chore keeping an eye on the pair of them. But I'm sure we will rise to the cause.
                  sigpic

Comment

*goes into her little world of denial where Jack doesn't leave, instead he stays with his Daniel and they live happily ever after, sigh*

Comment

Tsk, it's going to be such a chore keeping an eye on the pair of them. But I'm sure we will rise to the cause.
                      It's a tough job but someone has to do it eh Foxy?.....

Dee Dee xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by bugchicklv
                        COME ON PEOPLE...we cannot seriously be the only slashers here.
                        Just a reminder that it wasn't/isn't only slashers who have been invested in the Jack and Daniel pairing. Some people have only seen them as best friends, and found that relationship to be the most compelling.

Don't forget the friendshippers.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          Just a reminder that it wasn't/isn't only slashers who have been invested in the Jack and Daniel pairing. Some people have only seen them as best friends, and found that relationship to be the most compelling.

Don't forget the friendshippers.
                          Nope, quite right, I'm as much if not more into the friendship as into slash, but we were directed here by the mods when our previous thread mutated into a fanfic reccomendation thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's the friendship that makes the slash believable...what they have works so well because they were friends first.

Comment

I'll have to stock up on Power Bars to keep myself properly fortified for the task.

A few deep breathing exercises wouldn't go amiss, I don't think. And a heart rate monitor might be a wise investment, as well.

Oh, and chocolate. I'll need chocolate, for when I'm feeling weepy and useless because Jack's not there.

But, yes, I think we're most definitely up to the challenge.

TC

Comment

Did someone say 'powerbar'?

Comment

Working...
                                X