This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did gateworld dissapear from google?

after watching an episode of SG1 I would go to google and use "gateworld <episode name>" to come here and read the review, but since a few days, gateworld no longer displays on google. I retraced some of my old queries and gateworld is gone from those results as well. what is up?

dunno, worked fine for me
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

http://www.google.nl/search?q=gatewo...en-US:official

no GW there...

Comment

Nope, isnt there. Google advertising isnt free, so maybe Darren hasnt paid the bill yet, or he's paid it and it just hasnt gone through (more likely that not payng it), it happens.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Try gateworld.net, I usually get a lot of rubbish entries with just a plain google for GW. Add the .net part.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
            Try gateworld.net, I usually get a lot of rubbish entries with just a plain google for GW. Add the .net part.
            i did no joy
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              i did no joy
              Works for me but yeah it is sending me to another page at first but then their url works and directs me to the Homepage. *odd*

Comment

it's not working for me either

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Hmm, that's strange, it worked perfectly fine last week, I use google a lot to get to GW when I'm not working on my own computer. But now GW has vanished from google.

Bye, A.
                  ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                  ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I tried googling GateWorld. The closest hit was gateworld.com, which looks like a holding page for the domain.

I did try a Yahoo search however, and GateWorld appeared at number 1 in the results list.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Nope, isnt there. Google advertising isnt free, so maybe Darren hasnt paid the bill yet, or he's paid it and it just hasnt gone through (more likely that not payng it), it happens.
                      um, actually, I think having your page come up on google is completely free.. I remember using this page:
                      http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

A while ago when I was trying to popularize my site...

Anyhow, same thing for me, doesn't work..
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

That, I believe, is for specific url searches, not general searches, and I know for a fact that it is not free to have a your site come up on gateworld through a non-specific search. So, for instance:
                        Search: gateworld.net - would work
                        Search: Stargate - would not.

It also says that not all Urls are accepted, so GW's absence could mean that it has been dropped, and was only there before because it was paid for.
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Ad spots on Google search results pages (right side and top box) are paid. Search results and rankings themselves are not.

GateWorld has been temporarily yanked from Google, but it's already been resolved and scheduled for relisting. Should be back at any time.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Darren, what happened if you don't mind us being nosy?

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              That, I believe, is for specific url searches, not general searches, and I know for a fact that it is not free to have a your site come up on gateworld through a non-specific search. So, for instance:
                              Search: gateworld.net - would work
                              Search: Stargate - would not.

It also says that not all Urls are accepted, so GW's absence could mean that it has been dropped, and was only there before because it was paid for.
                              google searches every word on the site and comes up with every website its database with the word(s) searched The more links from other websites a website has the futher up the list it goes- that is free, it's only the ads and sponsored results you have to pay for.

So searching stargate would come up with gateworld because it has the word stargate on the site and it has alot of links from other websties
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                              X