The "Monster" -Further Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Monster" -Further Discussion

So the monster has been around since episode 1(ish) and at first it has appeared as a nothingless void, a clunking set of gears with holes in the ground, and finally some kind of intelegent black smoke... thing. In the most recent podcast the guys said something to the effect of "You have seen the monster this season you just may have not known you were looking at it". What a bomb to drop. So what IS the monster? And what other forms has it taken? I kind of want to say that the parrot that says "Hurley" and some other creatures may have been other forms of said monster.

People have also drawn paralels to Russeau calling it a "security system" and the Cerebrus reference on the invisible Lockdown map.

What do you guys think? What's your new monster theories given the new information?

It's a non-corporeal entity that jumps from person to person, making them do bad stuff in a trance-like state, then they wake up not knowing they've done anything.

(What do you mean, it's been done before?!)
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

It first appeared as a series of small whisps of black smoke in the series Pilot episode.
      "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

its probably a release valve for the pressure building up in the electro magnets and is attracted to metal ?

Comment

Nanobotsss!!!!1!12!!one!

Comment

I suspect it a electro magnetic lifeform designe to protect the island secrets and the magnetic energy on the island is design to contain it. I suspect that all the illusions that the character have seen are infact the creature manipulating them perhaps just for fun. And by helping them find water, it was keeping them alive so he can mess with their heads more and have even more fun with them. I also suspect that we have not seen the full power of this creature yet and infact most the creature wass still contain in the containment system. This could link with the drug, vaccine as a way to protect you the effects of this creature for short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
              I suspect it a electro magnetic lifeform designe to protect the island secrets and the magnetic energy on the island is design to contain it. I suspect that all the illusions that the character have seen are infact the creature manipulating them perhaps just for fun. And by helping them find water, it was keeping them alive so he can mess with their heads more and have even more fun with them. I also suspect that we have not seen the full power of this creature yet and infact most the creature wass still contain in the containment system. This could link with the drug, vaccine as a way to protect you the effects of this creature for short period of time.

Whoa... this theory I really really like. I was guessing that the monster/security system was the magnetic field, but never would've thought of it being sentient - I like

Comment

Security system for what? The island? A big magnet? Seems not that likely. And why did it take some people and not others? Why did it suck that one guy in the jet engine and then blow it up in the pilot? Questions that need answers...

Comment

Originally posted by DangerIsGo
                  Security system for what? The island? A big magnet? Seems not that likely. And why did it take some people and not others? Why did it suck that one guy in the jet engine and then blow it up in the pilot? Questions that need answers...
                  Well the pilot have brilliant navigation skills and knew exactly where they were and could of help them navigate away from the island. Also most pilots have enough engineering knowlege to fix equipment and constuct radio equip and thrush helping them escape sooner, really the moster was just protecting his new toys. Also we only knows that it been messing with our main character but they tend to have communication trouble and so this could be effecting everyone on the island but they are just not talking about their experiences with other people on the island.

The reason that one was suck in the engine could of been that bloke had some knowlege which would help the survivors why they were on the plane but I guest we may never know.

Comment

DJDans suggesting it might be a Giant Sloth...

Comment

In my opinion, the "monster" is 'in' Locke. Indeed, in an episode, we can see Locke in the jungle, and the monster attack him. If the monster is this black fog, i think it can be in Locke's body.

__ Sorry to my english, but i'm a french user ...

Comment

I think the monster is something to do with the things they've been seeing on the island - Jack kept seeing his dad, Kate and Sawyer saw that horse,
                        Spoiler:
                        Hurley saw Dave
                        From 'The 23rd Psalm' it seems like the monster can "read their thoughts/memories" to some extent, so maybe it's making them see things from their past, for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                          I think the monster is something to do with the things they've been seeing on the island - Jack kept seeing his dad, Kate and Sawyer saw that horse,
                          Spoiler:
                          Hurley saw Dave
                          From 'The 23rd Psalm' it seems like the monster can "read their thoughts/memories" to some extent, so maybe it's making them see things from their past, for whatever reason.
                          My hypothesis is that that's the EMP or A number of Variables designed to make the island like an Advanced Skinner Box, possibly including the Monster, the Hatches, the others, etc... But, could be anything!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                            ...The reason that one was suck in the engine could of been that bloke had some knowlege which would help the survivors why they were on the plane but I guest we may never know.
                            I thought the guy was sucked into the engine because he was standing in front of it when it was powering up and down. I didn't see any sign of Beastlie there.... Did I miss something?
                            "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
                            -----

Comment

Originally posted by Maastrichian
                              I thought the guy was sucked into the engine because he was standing in front of it when it was powering up and down. I didn't see any sign of Beastlie there.... Did I miss something?
                              No you didn't miss anything, the guy was sucked in because he was too close and stopped right infront of the thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X