X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter will be funnier in season 10

here's a part of Darren's interview

GW: You and Claudia are both wonderful comediennes. Is there hope for a more humorous twist to what you're doing?

AT: Well, wouldn't that be nice? I hope so. In fact, I talked to Joe Mallozzi and I said, "You know, I think Carter's a lot funnier than you guys are letting on." Of course, not everyone can be funny. The show's not a comedy. But they are writing some things for me now; and Joe knows my background is comedy. So they're writing some stuff, and I think it will come out. More and more the humor will come out.

it would be nice if carter was funnier she's been so seruous for so long.

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]it would be nice if carter was funnier she's been so seruous for so long.
    good news, I quite agree with you, in season 9, she is here only for her "techno-blabla" and I was disappointed of this use of this character I liked before
    seems in S10 she will have also new relations with the rest of the team, very good
    Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Hear, hear. AT has demonstrated that she has great comedic timing (I thought alt-Carter in Moebius was hilarious). I'm glad to hear they will let her stretch the character a bit more.

Comment

She can, and has pulled it off. It usually stems from her knowing her stuff and being really confident.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
          She can, and has pulled it off. It usually stems from her knowing her stuff and being really confident.
          also many dont' know this but amamda did comedy before stargate
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah, Alt Cater in Moebius was funny, so was nervous Cater in front of the cameras in Heroes. I hope it's that naive, inncocent type of funny, not joke cracking funny.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Yay!

Can't wait to see Carter be funnier
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

IMO, Carter's had her moments over the years. But, a few more this season would be pretty cool. Especially considering her future teammate, Vala, is already good with the comedy. It'd be nice to see the two of them play off one another.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm all for it.

Amanda's a funny-funny gal.

Sexy, too.

Comment

I always thought Carter was funny at times anyway, but it's good to see her loosen up more and more...
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      also many dont' know this but amamda did comedy before stargate
                      Yeah, she's quite funny in interviews and she's had some great adlibs over the course of the last 9 seasons.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                        I always thought Carter was funny at times anyway, but it's good to see her loosen up more and more...
                        I agree that she has had funny moments. I don't mind seeing her have lighter moments and showing she has a sense of humor, but too much comedy in general is kind of off the track for the show, IMHO. I always saw it as a drama with funny moments and an occasional humorous episode and that works for me.

Comment

Yay, more Carter the comedian please. She's been too po-faced for too long, lighten up girl!
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

AT has great comic timing. This will be cool.
                            scarimor

Comment

AT's a wonderful comedian, i think she'd be great at it!! i just hope TPTB write it as "sam humor" and not stupid/play the fool/vala foil/straight man humor. i love sam's sense of humor...its very...sam. descriptive, i know. if TPTB give her the material though, AT'll be amazing!!

yes, amanda founded the canadian comedy troupe "Random Acts" in the earlyt '90s.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                              X