The Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hatch

i was on tv.com forums and i saw someone post that they bet 100 dollars that everyone in the hatch would be alright. I was just thinking i never saw an explosion saw a bright light ,which could of been caused by the electro magnets reacting with the strange magnetic field around the island and the hatch flying through the air could of been caused by a strong magnetic pulse sending it flying. At first i thought **** they snuffed it but now im not too sure any one have any thoughts on this?

I doubt Locke, Eko, and Desmond would be killed. Especially so soon after we lost the 2 girls. Desmond I'd put money on having survived since they introduced Penelope in the finale.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Locke and Eko will certianly be back, and I'm hoping that Desmond is still around, maybe full time, as well.

I do think that the hatch itself will go the way of Season 1's caves; no longer plot relevant, so it's removed from the story (so that the studio space it occupys can be used for a newer set).

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        I do think that the hatch itself will go the way of Season 1's caves; no longer plot relevant, so it's removed from the story (so that the studio space it occupys can be used for a newer set).
        So young, and yet so cynical!
        I have it on good authority they're all safe and sound. Don't fret.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

i heard on one of the sites i visited not sure if it was this forum or tv.com or some other forum but they said the antartic bit at the end might explain the polar bears but then someone pointed out there arent any polar bears in the antartic. could it be a truman show sort of thing with a massive underground complex to do with mind altering or memory stamping im so confused want series 3 here now

Comment

Perhaps magnetic anomalies are easier to detect from the magnetic poles.
            "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

thinking about it henry said "god cant see this place" does he mean its none visible from the air? as in god can see all in his domain but beneath the ground its lucifers domain :O maybe

Comment

I imagine that Desmond's snuffed it but that Locke and Eko will be ok.
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I think Mr.Eko and Locke went down after Desmond, so all of them have survivied the destruction of the hatch.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

im sure they are still alive, especially Desmond, if he were going to die, then the writers wouldnt have given him a military background, his miliarty experience will come in handy when the go after the others.

Comment

i'm pretty sure i already posted in this thread and it was deleted (for some reason?), though it might have been another thread...anyway...

Locke, Ecko, and Desmond are all still alive.
                      Locke is alive because his character is one of the driving forces behind the show. He is a key part of the entire island. Boone and Shannon and Ana Lucia were just there. They aren't intertwined in the mythology. Plus he's a high rating, and interesting character - AND we don't even know how he got in the wheelchair yet. He's no dead.

Ecko isn't dead for basically the same reasons as Locke, just the opposite. He is now very involved with the island, as well as the battle of faith vs science. His character is also a fan favorite. There is ALOT more to Ecko's story that needs to be told.

Desmond is still alive because I believe he has a bigger role to play in the story. Not only that, but with the introduction of the first off-island-present-day scenes with Penny at the end, I doubt they'd kill him off. But it's more than that - in the post-finale podcast, Damon and Carlton said in their usual "i know something but i'm not going to tell you so i'll say something sarcastically" voice - (paraphrasing): "i like desmond, it would be a shame if he was dead. we were just getting to know him. yeah i liked him. it would be a shame." etc etc.

They're all alive.

Comment

Desmond's still alive, he still hasn't read 'Our Mutual Friend' by Charles Dickens

Plus, he still hasn't fufilled his role as Odysseus...

Comment

I think that the hatch is actually a huge spaceship and every 108 minutes they cancel the launch sequence. So now ecko locke and desmond are headed to the far off planet where the others came from. then they will destroy the other's planet with photon torpedoes and other things from star trek.

But if that isn't the case i think that Locke will be dead and ecko and desmond alright. but if they kill ecko ill be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by nick9526
                            I think that the hatch is actually a huge spaceship and every 108 minutes they cancel the launch sequence. So now ecko locke and desmond are headed to the far off planet where the others came from. then they will destroy the other's planet with photon torpedoes and other things from star trek.

But if that isn't the case i think that Locke will be dead and ecko and desmond alright. but if they kill ecko ill be pissed.
                            I sense bad sarcasm...

Locke wont die, he's a key figure in Lost... read Morbo's Post, It explains it...

Comment

I actually think that if any of them die it will definitely be Locke because towards the end of season two he was the less involved than ecko. andthey are just starting up a bunch of stuff with desmond.

Comment

Working...
                              X