Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Did It! "Serenity" Wins the Spacey Award!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Did It! "Serenity" Wins the Spacey Award!

Shiny! "Serenity" received the Space Channel's "Spacey Award" for favourite movie with a whopping 36% of the vote!

Thanks to all the Browncoats that voted & congrats to Joss & the cast!

Cheers,

Ted
    Last edited by MacAnfitheach; 28 May 2006, 11:59 AM.

Deserves it, theother films in that catagory were exellent, but Serenity is in a class of its own, congrats to Joss and all the cast and crew, now wheres the gorram sequel?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I too would like to offer my congrats to Joss. Serenity was such a good movie realization of Firefly.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ya Serenity was the ****.

Comment

yay. serenity was an amazing film

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Maybe this will send a message to Fox to pick Firefly back up. Though i doubt it, after all, it's Fox.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They can't stop the signal!!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                Maybe this will send a message to Fox to pick Firefly back up. Though i doubt it, after all, it's Fox.
                Joss wouldnt work with them ever again, and I believe that he has said if he gets to make a new show, it will be in the 'verse, but wont center around Serenity, so movies are the only option.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I too would like to offer my congrats to Joss. Serenity was such a good movie realization of Firefly.
                  go joss
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Comment

I was kind of shocked when Serenity won- I was expecting Harry Potter to take the honours as mugglenet let the whole world know to vote for it.....and the Potterheads usually win anything they set out to vote for.

So good on the Browncoats, yay Serenity!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                        I was kind of shocked when Serenity won- I was expecting Harry Potter to take the honours as mugglenet let the whole world know to vote for it.....and the Potterheads usually win anything they set out to vote for.

Well, it'll teach them not to underestimate the power of the Browncoats.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42

lol that is so damn true, i used to go on that site but it started to p*** me off with every damn American teenager going "Oh man, thats awesom" to every post made on the damn news section lol
                          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                          MSN: [email protected]
                          feel free to add me on either

Comment

Yay! I didn't know about this, but it sure is good to hear. I loved Firefly and Serenity, so it's good to see them get the win!

Comment

I want a 2nd series grrr

Comment

Working...
                              X