This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: The Daleks - Remake. MY fan poster

Well today I watched the Peter Cushing remake of "The Daleks" entitled "Dr Who & the Daleks" a wonderful film... IF you ignore that the doctor is human in it, and if you ignore that he is actually CALLED Dr Who as opposed The Doctor, and if you ignore that Barbra is ALSO his granddaughter and not just Susan, oh and if you also ignore the fact that none of it is canon what so ever and is frankly daft.... Otherwise, highly amusing.

Anyway, I was watching it and thought... "well I know RTD doesnt want to do a Doctor Who movie until the current series is cancelled... so what about doing a BIG screen movie version of the Doctor's first meeting with the Daleks. This time sticking to canon, and this time making the pacing a lot faster and more akin to the new TV series. Youd need a replacement Doctor for William Hartnell... and youd need silver Daleks so they werent confused with the new ones... Youd also need an updated version of the OLD TARDIS interior as opposed to the new one, so that people know that this is an OLD doctor who adventure.

But with todays budgets and effects, this could be a truely BIG film. Like the difference between Tim Burtons Planet of The Apes, and the old stuff....

Anyway. For The Doctor, I could imagine either Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellan playing the role... and so I designed this:

So anyway, I hope you all like the poster, any feedback on the poster itself (not the idea of the movie, thats in another thread) would be great!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I really like the way you made Ian McKellen the focus of the picture and but with the shadows making him also seem part of the background. Having the planet in the background the same colour as some of the text works well too.

Like your choice of cast too

Comment

Thanks, was wondering how many people would notice that I've billed Amanda Tapping as playing Barbara Wright.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Great idea! they should remake the Daleks' Masterplan too...although it would probably have to be a two parter.

Comment

A two part movie? Hmm.

I live in hope that The Daleks can be turned into a HUGE budget sci fi epic that will be THE fantasy/sci fi movie of the year in the way that "The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe" was.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You know this will really leave people in no doubt that The Doctor is Gay. j/k

I think Sir Ian McKellen would work well as The Doctor. Nice poster.

Comment

Thanks.

It might look simple, but you have no idea how many versions I went through with different pictures of McKellen and various other images of Daleks and TARDISes... Basically that's the end product of a very long day's work.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X