Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Movie? Yes..... ANOTHER thread. But with a twist!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who Movie? Yes..... ANOTHER thread. But with a twist!

RTD does NOT want to do a Doctor Who movie based on the current series. Not until its cancelled and then only if its still popular. Which means that the BBC would be unlikely to sanction one anyway.

So I suggest the next best thing. A remake of the 1960's Dr Who & The Daleks, which was in itself a remake of "The Daleks".

In short.

Why not bring one of the first and best stories to the big screen with a modern day budget, yet keep faithful to the TV show in the way that the Cushing movie didn't.

Keep the Doctor as a time lord with a TARDIS instead of his ship called Tardis. (Capitalisation and lack there of intentional). And bring us one of the original classics for a new audiance.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Flyboy; 27 May 2006, 12:42 PM. Reason: Additional Info

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
    RTD does NOT want to do a Doctor Who movie based on the current series. Not until its cancelled and then only if its still popular. Which means that the BBC would be unlikely to sanction one anyway.

So I suggest the next best thing. A remake of the 1960's Dr Who & The Daleks, which was in itself a remake of "The Daleks".

In short.

Why not bring one of the first and best stories to the big screen with a modern day budget, yet keep faithful to the TV show in the way that the Cushing movie didn't.

Keep the Doctor as a time lord with a TARDIS instead of his ship called Tardis. (Capitalisation and lack there of intentional). And bring us one of the original classics for a new audiance.

Thoughts?
    IMO, that's pointless. Recasting the Doctor, Susan, Ian, and Barbara...and in the process shining a big bright spotlight on the whole granddaughter issue...to simply reinvent an existing story that was already reinvisioned once before...in COLOR.

Why not simply do an Eighth Doctor or Ninth Doctor story?

That way, they could shoot the movie concurrently with the television series without the potential problems that arise from those two being contemporaneous.

The story could be an important missing adventure which has later consequences on the television series.

Comment

They could make a movie that is not related to the shows history at all.

I am thinking of when they take the general idea of an old TV show and modernise it keeping the main characters but it has nothing to do with the actual TV show.

Of course this is all about making money so it probably would end up a big mess, but if it didn't you could have The Doctor a Timelord (no number or reference to his past as such) and the TARDIS and you could even have The Daleks and or The Cybermen (thinking two biggest villains pulls the fans in) but the rest is totally unrelated to the current or the classic series.

Now there are numerous flaws but this would as I said be a money making exercise; with a lot of publicity you could pull it off.

I would just love the idea of seeing in COLOUR, a Dr Who movie.

Comment

I rather a new stoy then rehash of an old
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'd hardly say "rehash". After all, remakes are a part of the new film era, with remakes of The Amityville Horror, The Omen, The Time Machine, Planet of The Apes...

"The Daleks" was one of the best stories ever, but hampered by tedious pacing and poor budgets. Even the Cushing remake had these problems. But surely with a current day budget a brand new version could be made that would be fast paced and very fun.

I too would like to see a new and original Doctor Who movie. But I think this is unlikely. I don't see why a new version of "The Daleks" would be a problem, it would introduce the new fans to the first time the Doctor encountered the Daleks and it would be great for old fans to see a remake.
          Last edited by Flyboy; 27 May 2006, 08:20 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

And so I designed this:

Which I'll dedicate another post to...
            Last edited by Flyboy; 27 May 2006, 12:43 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If they would do a remake, I'd rather them do one of Marco Polo or something else we don't have assess to
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

As long as Eric Roberts stays clear of it-- I'm all for it.

Comment

Working...
                X