This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi shows they should have cancelled and when

1. Enterprise ..... as soon as they read the scripts and saw that this was not a pre-Kirk show, but an attempt to go backward and forward at the same time.

2. Stargate SG-1 at the conclusion of season 8. Threads was a good place to stop

3. The Twighlight Zone (the new version). You can't go back. They should not have tried

4. Touched by an Angel. After season one. One was enough....

5. Star Trek: TNG ; they should have cancelled Wesley Crusher day one and removed all the poles up everybody's backside on day 2.

These shows should never have been made in the first place.....

Andromeda

Mutant X

Relic Hunter

Smallville

and probably something else that I have shoved out of my mind.....

Comment

I could never get into Andromeda, no matter how hard I tried. God, that show was awful.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson
        I could never get into Andromeda, no matter how hard I tried. God, that show was awful.
        I agree.....everything about it from the costumes to the characters to the dialogue.....ugh. It's like something that no simile could accurately describe the awfulness of.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson

Sean
          I tried to watch that show a couple of years ago when Skiffy introduced it to their line-up but after watching the first episode....let's just say I didn't bother to watch any more after that.....

As far other shows, umm....The X-Files. When....sometime after season 5 or 6. The mythology got too convoluted and the finale was utter rubbish.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Earth: Final Conflict shoulda been canceled when they killed off the Talons and created that new species. I accually wasn't watchin it much at that point, heck i didn't even know how the hell the Talons died.

They somewhat lost me when the killed Boone and brought in Liam.

Comment

Sliders - when Wade and the professor left

La Femme Nikita - they never should have had those final eight episodes

Seaquest - as much as I wanted it to continue, they should not have had that final season

Earth Final Conflict - yeah, gotta agree with you there

Uh, I kinda liked Andromeda....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Instead of cancelled, can we just say ended? Cancelled shows always have loose ends and unanswered questions, if they just ended earlier they could end properly.

Comment

Without a doubt Andromeda. There was just no good reason Scifi should have felt the need to pick this one up. It was crap from the get go... crap, I embarassingly must admit to watching in its final season. A sign of my own mental decline.

Sliders. After season three wrapped, that should have been the end of that.

Same goes for Earth the Final Conflict... beating a dead horse to a bloody pulp. Three seasons was plenty.

Smallville should have ended gloriously and with pride when Clarke graduated highschool. Enough already. It's dead... let it go.

Charmed. I'll give it to season five when it lost the magic and began clinging to desperation and held on to it for dear life for three more painful seasons

The X-Files should have ended with the movie and tied up loose ends then. There was no need to drag it to a painful end and still clearing up nothing.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    Instead of cancelled, can we just say ended? Cancelled shows always have loose ends and unanswered questions, if they just ended earlier they could end properly.
                    Agreed. Cancelled equals ended... or never started...

Comment

Stargate SG-1 at the end of season 7. At a push, season 8, but only if all the filler episodes between New Order and Reckoning had been taken out.

The New Adventures of Superman (Lois & Clark). When they started getting all shippy with each other, it was all over. Full stop. :/
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I'll have to strongly disagree about Andromeda! One of my favourite shows.

I've never really watched any show enough to really dislike it, either I like and watch or I don't watch, however The X-Files should have been ended earlier. WAY earlier.
                        "You have been impregnated, without copulation?"
                        "Yes! And I am absolutly terrified! Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?"
                        "Well, there's one..."
                        "Darth Vader!"
                        "Really!? How did that turn out?"

Comment

X-Files - when David Dunchovy (sp?) left
                          Andromeda - from episode one
                          Charmed - as above
                          Touched by an Angel - ditto
                          Buffy - before it became overly morbid with everyone dying and coming back and...
                          Stargate SG1 - should have ended at the end of s8

there's more but I'm tired
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            X-Files - when David Dunchovy (sp?) left
                            Andromeda - from episode one

Stargate SG1 - should have ended at the end of s8
                            Hear Hear
                            Andromeda was truly awful, and SG1 could happily have called it a day after S8. Then we'd have been spared Cameron, Vala, the Ori, steroid-junkie Daniel and a thousand other insults.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                              Hear Hear
                              Andromeda was truly awful, and SG1 could happily have called it a day after S8. Then we'd have been spared Cameron, Vala, the Ori, steroid-junkie Daniel and a thousand other insults.
                              Have to disagree- season eight would have been a weak season to end it on, now with the Ori and such, it has an excellent chance of going out strong when it does, which hopefully won't be for awhile.

And yes, Andromeda is something to shudder at. I still can't figure out why SPACE airs it twice a day.....and how that show could have survived for what? Five seasons?

Comment

Working...
                              X