Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti- Orii weapon in Bosnia... will season ten take us there?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti- Orii weapon in Bosnia... will season ten take us there?

So, with as many as 6 pyramids in Bosnia now, will the Stargate writters tie one of the most significant story arcs along?

Also...the archeologist is pretty sure they were built 10,000 years ago!

Pyramids in Bosnia: (you can find them in Google Earth!)

1. Pyramid of the Sun (30% taller than Gizah)
    2. Pyramid of the Moon
    3. Pyramid of the Dragon
    4. Pyramid of Mother Earth
    5. Pyramid of Love

Plus:

Underground tunnel network,
    Stone Balls
    "Iron Rings"

They also found a plateau at the base of the Pyramid of the Sun,,,, did anyone take the stargate???

The official website: http://www.bosnianpyramid.com/

You can also volunteer for the expedition this summer!!! how Cool!!!

I doubt it seeing as pyramids are associated with the Goa'uld and not the Ancients. Also, given Camelot, it would appear that the weapon isn't on Earth.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
      I doubt it seeing as pyramids are associated with the Goa'uld and not the Ancients. Also, given Camelot, it would appear that the weapon isn't on Earth.
      Indeed! Nice idea, but I wouldn't count on seeing it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just chekced the pyramid site.... Has anyone looked at the writing sample from teh "monoliths" they found on May 23. Looks like Runes. Norse, or..... Asgard.

Comment

I don't think they will use it as the place for the weapon. But they could use it for some Goa'uld hiding on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
            I don't think they will use it as the place for the weapon. But they could use it for some Goa'uld hiding on earth.
            Spoiler:
            Perhaps Ba'al's clone factory!

Comment

It would've been a lot easier to work them in before the end of season eight. Seeing as how pyramidal structures were favored by the Goa'uld.

Altough, if I were allowed to contribute, I'd have some sort of Ancient artifact in one of those pyramids. Some neat little thing that'll be the key to resolving a story (possibly an anti-Prior gun, or something even less significant that would just resolve a single episode's conflict) that some Goa'uld found but couldn't figure out. Much like Ra's ZPM.

Of course, the truly prudent thing to do would be to wait until these pyramids are excavated more before they start working them into stories.

/edit-

I just did some reading up on this story, and it's frelling infuriating.

These jack-asses don't know the first thing about archaeology! They're opening the dig site to frelling tourists for Ra's sake!

First you excavate what you find, you careful monitor the activities and you do your upmost to document every aspect of the dig. These idiots are removing things at random, their documentation is half-assed, they don't seem concerned with cataloguing their findings, and they're going to "reconstruct" these pyramids to fit Semir Osmanagi? whacked-out theories.

The man isn't even a trained archaeologist. His degress are in political science and economics, he's currently researching a PhD based on a theory which will definately not get him a doctorate in Archaeology from any reputable institution. The dude's a businessman. . . and it looks like he's just trying to turn a quick buck.

I quote him directly:

It is my theory that the Maya should be considered watchmakers of the cosmos whose mission it is to adjust the Earthly frequency and bring it into accordance with the vibrations of our Sun... Their ancestors, the civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria, erected the first temples on energy potent points of the Planet. Their most important function was to serve as a gateway to other worlds and dimensions.
              I now fear that this is either a hoax aimed at gaining publicity for Osmanagi? and creating tourism for the area, or it's a great crime against Bosnian and European history. If these sites really are genuine, then this moron needs to be removed and a real team of scientists need to take over the dig. This isn't the good ol' days of the 19th century when bored millionaires with too much time on their hands could waltz into an area, start pokin' around, find a ruined burial mound and "reconstruct" it based on some half-assed theory based off some Biblical or Greek fairy tale. There's a process now, and this mother freller isn't even coming close to following it.
              Last edited by Bragi; 28 May 2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

The problem is with other archeologist , which they have inviting any one who want to come and help with excuvations, so thier should be a load archeollogist on site and if it was a fake they would not be inviting any one other their own people on site which do not sem to be the case. Most archeologist dismiss the pyramid idea before they even began digging and not only that but apparently their were refusal for funding for the dig , bosnia is not a rich country and cannot possibly afford to fund the site just through goverment and most other authorities in archeology has refuse to fund the sight which I found a bit strange as if this sight was to turn to be true and current finding accurent it would destroy many of the current theories surrounding human cibvilisation and history if the site turn to be genuin and many of the current archeologist would be force to revise their veiws and indeed a lot of history book would have to be written.

If archeologist really cared about history and wanted to find out the truth they should be flocking to the site in their droves and make sure the dig in carry out in full and proper way and funded in proper way as not to rely on any one indiviidual unfortantly dispite him inviting many of the worlds top archeologist to sight many have refuse and most have fail to repsond to the letters and invitations. If it is ruin because these people needed to find alternative funding aka inviting tourist to come explore the sight and advetisment then so be it but if it ruin it will no one fault other than the ignorents of the current crop of archeologist who refuse to excavate the sight.

I do hope it i carry it out in a proper maner and the bosnia goverment will make sure it is.

Comment

Altough, if I were allowed to contribute, I'd have some sort of Ancient artifact in one of those pyramids. Some neat little thing that'll be the key to resolving a story (possibly an anti-Prior gun, or something even less significant that would just resolve a single episode's conflict) that some Goa'uld found but couldn't figure out. Much like Ra's ZPM.
                  Considering the pyramids were from the Goa'uld, then it's highly unlikely that they would contain anything that would be Anti-Ori. If you think about it, the Alterrans moved away from their galaxy over 50million years ago. So that's a long time to wait, only to decide to build something before they're about to all kick the bucket & ascend.

Only Merlin saw a possible eventual threat posed by them, that's why he de-ascended to moral form again. Therefore this is why I can't see them building anything even remotely related to the Ori before they had ascended & over 50 million years after having left their home galaxy & had no major run in's with the Ori in this galaxy.

More likely, if they did decide to include it (which I highly doubt they would anyway), it's probably belong to Ra or somebody like that. They could use it to create a new story arc, such as another system lord came here after Ra had abandoned it etc & took over for a while. Only to be driven out by the returning Ancients or soemthing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    It would've been a lot easier to work them in before the end of season eight. Seeing as how pyramidal structures were favored by the Goa'uld.

Of course, the truly prudent thing to do would be to wait until these pyramids are excavated more before they start working them into stories.

/edit-

I just did some reading up on this story, and it's frelling infuriating.

These jack-asses don't know the first thing about archaeology! They're opening the dig site to frelling tourists for Ra's sake!

First you excavate what you find, you careful monitor the activities and you do your upmost to document every aspect of the dig. These idiots are removing things at random, their documentation is half-assed, they don't seem concerned with cataloguing their findings, and they're going to "reconstruct" these pyramids to fit Semir Osmanagi? whacked-out theories.

The man isn't even a trained archaeologist. His degress are in political science and economics, he's currently researching a PhD based on a theory which will definately not get him a doctorate in Archaeology from any reputable institution. The dude's a businessman. . . and it looks like he's just trying to turn a quick buck.

I quote him directly:

I now fear that this is either a hoax aimed at gaining publicity for Osmanagi? and creating tourism for the area, or it's a great crime against Bosnian and European history. If these sites really are genuine, then this moron needs to be removed and a real team of scientists need to take over the dig. This isn't the good ol' days of the 19th century when bored millionaires with too much time on their hands could waltz into an area, start pokin' around, find a ruined burial mound and "reconstruct" it based on some half-assed theory based off some Biblical or Greek fairy tale. There's a process now, and this mother freller isn't even coming close to following it.
                    I agree. Lots of cultures have built pyramids.
                    Support Cascadia!

Join United States Government Simulation!

Comment

Working...
                    X