X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes

TV.com summary: http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/...full_summary=1

Heroes is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives. The relatable superheroes include Peter Petrelli, a 30-year-old male nurse who believes can fly, Diego Medina, a 28-year-old junkie who has the ability to paint images of the future when he is high, Niki Sanders, a 33-year-old Las Vegas showgirl who can do incredible things with mirrors, Hiro Makamura, a 24-year-old Japanese comic-book geek who literally makes time stand still, D.L. Hawkins, a 31-year-old inmate who can transport himself through walls, and Claire Bennet, 17-year-old cheerleader who defies death at every turn. Not only are they discovering what having superpowers means to them but also the larger picture of where their superpowers come from. Eventually their superpowers draw them together when they try to evade the series' antagonist who wants to harness their super-DNA for himself....
    Heroes will air 9pm on Mondayson NBC, starting September 25

It seems there will be a derth of good scifi this fall as compared to fall 2005. And to be honest the last thing we need from any of the major networks is a new show with great potential that they will cancel. And I'm afraid this may be one of them. I'm glad they're still trying though.

I will check it out however even if it is a rip off The 4400 and has completely usurped the spot I would have loved to have seen Surface in.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Surface not coming back? O_O
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
      Surface not coming back? O_O
      Unfortunately yes. They canceled it.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        Unfortunately yes. They canceled it.
        Yep, those idiots. That show was just starting to come together IMO. Oh well, what can you do? I'll probably give this show Heroes a try, until they cancel it too.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is the 4400 any good? I noticed the guy from Taken in one of the commercials for it- the real nasty one.

Comment

Claire Bennet, 17-year-old cheerleader who defies death at every turn
            Defying death is impressive but can she defy cancellation?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              Is the 4400 any good? I noticed the guy from Taken in one of the commercials for it- the real nasty one.
              Interesting enough I suppose. I watch it and am waiting for the new season to start June 11. Yeah, I watch it for Joel Gretsch. He plays a good guy on the show though, but he was great in Taken as a bad guy.

Season 3 starts June 11, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to just jump right in. I kind of jumped into the end of season 1 and was kind of confused until I was able to see it from the beginning.

As for Heroes.... Won’t be watching. Don’t think there is any show left on NBC that I still watch. Gave up on ER two years ago and haven’t looked back since though I did catch a few eps of Surface and the finale after I had been watching the repeats on Skiffy.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                I think it's a great show, absolutley worth checking out. Interesting that you mentioned Taken, I recently discovered some people refer to 4400 as a followup and call it "Put Back".

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  I think it's a great show, absolutley worth checking out. Interesting that you mentioned Taken, I recently discovered some people refer to 4400 as a followup and call it "Put Back".
                  Lol!

Joel Gretsch is great as a bad guy- I'm pretty sure I'm seen him in a few things, but being a good guy.....that's bound to be interesting.

I don't even have a clue as to what season we might be at for 4400- I suspect season two hasn't even started yet though. Might catch it sometime when it's on.....

Comment

Watched the preview on the official site.

http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/

Looks alright, like it has potential. Kinda like Lost crossed with X-men.

Will be watching it for Adrian Pasdar and Franklin from Scrubs.

Comment

I'll definitely be giving this one a try. Not that I really expect NBC to keep it around too long.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm curious about Heroes, but I remain highly skeptical of the producers' ability to make it click and I find the piling on of big name actors to be a little suspicious. Or was Lost the same way? I remember being psyched about Dom, but other than Fox, the names didn't mean much to me.

If they do it right- and if NBC gives them a chance- this could be a good series. I'm not gonna hold Surface's cancellation against it. If the show is good, great! And if it sucks then maybe I'll revel as it goes down in flames.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I'm curious about Heroes, but I remain highly skeptical of the producers' ability to make it click and I find the piling on of big name actors to be a little suspicious. Or was Lost the same way? I remember being psyched about Dom, but other than Fox, the names didn't mean much to me.

If they do it right- and if NBC gives them a chance- this could be a good series. I'm not gonna hold Surface's cancellation against it. If the show is good, great! And if it sucks then maybe I'll revel as it goes down in flames.
                          I'm definitely curious about it too. It sounds like it could have some real potential. But them doing it right, and NBC giving it a proper chance, that's a lot to hope for, you know?
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Surface canceled, I don't believe it. That's it, I'm never getting my hopes up again, about any new show. Think if they'd canceled The 4400, these people are morons. It sounds familiar, this new show, reminiscent of something, but I don't know quite what. I'll tune in, until the ax is lowered. Off wity ye heads.

Comment

The preview definitely looks interesting so I'll definitely be checking it out. I have my doubts though. The odds against success are high. My best hope is for a full season before cancellation.

Comment

Working...
                              X