Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Arnold's complete score to STARGATE is coming...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Arnold's complete score to STARGATE is coming...

From the Varese Sarabande news page:

When a mysterious woman makes Professor Daniel Jackson (James Spader) an offer he can’t refuse, he ends up in a secret Air Force military base. His mission: to decode an ancient Egyptian artifact known as the Stargate.

The mission leader, Colonel Jack O’Neil (Kurt Russell), a tough military man with nerves of steel, commands their trip through the Stargate to an ancient civilization on the other side of the universe. But once there, they must battle the astoundingly powerful Sun God, Ra (Jaye Davidson), before they can find their way back home.

The original film that spawned not one but two TV series receives The Deluxe Edition treatment in this newly mastered and expanded special soundtrack release. For Stargate, composer David Arnold delivered the score that garnered him the international acclaim that ultimately led to projects like Independence Day and the latest three installments of the James Bond franchise (Die Another Day, The World Is Not Enough and Tomorrow Never Dies). Stargate is an enormous score using huge orchestral forces to recapture the spirit and adventure of the great action films of the past.

This is the Stargate CD everyone has been waiting for!

Release Date: 07/04/06
    timdalton007

Are there other Stargate Score out there? It would be cool to get the Score of Children Of The Gods (SG1) and Rising (SGA) for the collection too.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

There was a site with both the scores for COTG and Rising, but it isn't up anymore. If you want, I could send them to you. Might take a while though.

Edit: I also have the Stargate the Movie intro.
      Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 25 May 2006, 09:03 AM.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
        There was a site with both the scores for COTG and Rising, but it isn't up anymore. If you want, I could send them to you. Might take a while though.

Edit: I also have the Stargate the Movie intro.

Sorry its taken me a while to reply LCS Jumper, - Yes please! A friend got me the Soundtrack to Rising (from where I have no idea!) but it would be great to have COTG as well.
        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
        X