Small request on Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small request on Lost

So last night, watching Lost, enjoying it, about an hour and half into it, my cable goes out. Right after Desmond says he thinks he was the reason their plane crashed, Lost goes to commercial and then blam, cable goes out. It was out for about 15 minutes or so, comes back on right as the hatch cover drops down next to Claire.

So my request, can anyone fill in that missing 15 minutes for me? I'd watch it on abc.com but streaming media is blocked at my work and even if it wasn't I'd shouldn't watch it at work anyway.

Thanks in advance

Let's see:
    Spoiler:
    Desmond looked through the printouts and tried to convince Locke he was the reason the plane crashed and that they needed to push the button. They got into a fight and Locke smashed the computer. The counter hit zero and all hell broke loose - everything metal started flying around, metal was crushing, Charlie was trying to help Eko to get outside (Eko was injured in the blast), Locke tells Desmond, "You were right!" and then Desmond goes into that crawl space and puts his key into that failsafe slot and turns it.

In the meantime, the "Others" have our group tied up on a dock and they see a huge flash in the sky that is almost blinding. No one says anything or seems concerned. (I would have said, "what the hell was THAT!". . but. . shrug). Afterwards fake Henry (Fenry as some fans have started calling him) tells Michael that he kept his bargain and they will keep theirs - they are the "Good Guys". Walt is on the boat and they tell Michael what heading to take to get to safety. They tell him to tell no one because they would never find that place anyway. Fenry also says if he tells anyone about the island, they will find out what he did. Michael and Walt sail off into the sunset. Fenry has Hurley released to go back and tell the others not to try to find them again. jack, kate and sawyer and "hooded" and taken away.

At the beach, Claire gives Charlie a kiss and makes a comment about the explosion that happened but Charlie doesn't seemed concerned. No one seems to care that Locke and Eko are missing either.

Meanwhile - in some snowbound research station - two fellas speaking a foreign language (anyone know what it was? Russian?) have an alarm go off and a computer screen prints out, "electromagnetic disturbance" (that was all I could read). they both panic and one guy picks up a phone and Desmond's GF, Penny, picks up on the other end. The researcher-type dude says, "I think we found IT!"

End of episode.

I'm sure I missed something, but I'm confused.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Charlie was trying to help Eko to get outside (Eko was injured in the blast), Locke tells Desmond, "You were right!" and then Desmond goes into that crawl space and puts his key into that failsafe slot and turns it.

Words can't really descibe this scene. It was the "emotional" part of the episode, and we are led to believe that all three in the hatch are dead (I don't think this is true, however)

It was one of the greatest scenes in Lost history IMO.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
        we are led to believe that all three in the hatch are dead (I don't think this is true, however)

I agree 100%. Charlie was not only unconcerned, he said "What, aren't they back yet?" as if he'd seen them survive, which I think that they did. I think the reason the hatch door went blasting off again (Pokemon!) was because the electromagnetic field "exploded". As in, it released itself in all directions and basically hurled the energy everywhere.

I think it's possible that the switch that Desmond hit does the same thing as the button, just releases energy out.

Comment

The leadership dynamic next season will be interesting.

Spoiler:

Ana Lucia dead. Jack, Kate and Sawyer being away from camp for however long that story lasts, leaves Sayid as one of the only leaders left at the camp. Locke too if he's alive. I'd like to see Locke and Sayid run things for a bit, they're both very practical about things. If he hadn't been wrapped up in his button story, I think Locke would have noticed Michael was compromised.
          Last edited by ItsDan; 25 May 2006, 06:19 PM.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
            Charlie was trying to help Eko to get outside (Eko was injured in the blast), Locke tells Desmond, "You were right!" and then Desmond goes into that crawl space and puts his key into that failsafe slot and turns it.

Words can't really descibe this scene. It was the "emotional" part of the episode, and we are led to believe that all three in the hatch are dead (I don't think this is true, however)

Actually, Locke said "I was wrong."

Which makes it even more poignant because of who Locke is to himself, and what he believes.

It was a perfect moment indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
              Actually, Locke said "I was wrong."

Which makes it even more poignant because of who Locke is to himself, and what he believes.

It was a perfect moment indeed.
              Also note that he told Eko that he was wrong. It was a great moment for the character.

a time to mourn

Comment

thanks all, I watched the episode last night on abc.com!

Comment

harlie was not only unconcerned, he said "What, aren't they back yet?" as if he'd seen them survive, which I think that they did
                  Yeah he acted as if like 'yeah whatever' not like 'they arent back yet! where are they!'

Comment

Working...
                  X