Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the Doctor visit somewhere other than Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the Doctor visit somewhere other than Earth?

I admit I'm still watching the first season (as I'm stateside) but are TPTB ever going to write an episode that doesn't occur on Earth? Maybe it's already happened - I'm certainly looking forward to it.

We keep getting references to other planets but still haven't seen one. The closest so far was the space station very early in season one. We've had a basement in the states (*obviously not) and other than that it's been Wales and London.

Maybe I'm a little rusty but I don't remember old Who being so earth centric.

Is it just budget or has it always been this way?

Next season has a couple of off earth eps, As I live in the States as well its anyone's guess when we get to see it
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
      I admit I'm still watching the first season (as I'm stateside) but are TPTB ever going to write an episode that doesn't occur on Earth? Maybe it's already happened - I'm certainly looking forward to it.

We keep getting references to other planets but still haven't seen one. The closest so far was the space station very early in season one. We've had a basement in the states (*obviously not) and other than that it's been Wales and London.

Maybe I'm a little rusty but I don't remember old Who being so earth centric.

Is it just budget or has it always been this way?
      Ok, am a TINY bit tipsy, so bear with me...

As far as Im aware, its because they wanted the stories in Who to be more accesable to viewers and they made them focus on humans so that people could relate...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        Ok, am a TINY bit tipsy, so bear with me...

As far as Im aware, its because they wanted the stories in Who to be more accesable to viewers and they made them focus on humans so that people could relate...
        Your tipsy? I am waiting for an ep set on another planet, that isn't in anyway Earth related.

I think it was a bit of a mistake to not have one ep at least truly set on another planet, but that is me. Having read the spoilers for the next few eps. And ep 8 series 2 (28) seems to be set on an alien planet, I think.

Comment

Now im just drunk.... oh dear me...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            Now im just drunk.... oh dear me...
            Heehee.

Comment

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone one . I am SO gonna regret this tomorrow. Thing is, it was my college leavers day, and we had a HUGE party...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

When you start seeing these everywhere you better stop.

Comment

ANd the award for most off-topic thread goes too......
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

*ahem*

Sorry.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Hey no problem !!!

Comment

If you count Season 2 episode 1, they visit a planet in the galaxy M87. It is called New Earth.

And you'll never guess what city they'll land in...
                        Well you were probably thinking London... but no, it is...
                        Spoiler:
                        New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York

Is that too "earthy" for you?

Comment

Far too earthy. It's still human based.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well iiin a fortnights time the impossible Planet will air and that is not on earth .

Comment

The impossible Planet
                              Spoiler:
                              When the TARDIS crew land on an alien planet in the orbit of a black hole, the last thing they expect is to arrive in a Hell-like world, with an unexplained darkness that stumps even the Doctor. The crew come face-to-face with an enemy resembling the Devil and the squid-like aliens: the Ood. According to the Christmas 2005 edition of the Radio Times listing magazine, in this episode "the TARDIS journeys to the darkest limits of creation".

Un-earthy enough for you?
                              Hola

Hello

Comment

Working...
                              X