This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the best Doctor?

So, who is everybody's favourite Doctor? I don't want the Doctor you grew up with, like in Flying Officer Bennett's thread, but your favourite - the best. (Although in many cases it's likely to be the same)

In case you've forgotten your favourite, here's the list:
    First Doctor - William Hartnell
    Second Doctor - Patrick Troughton
    Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee
    Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    Fifth Doctor - Peter Davison
    Sixth Doctor - Colin Baker
    Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
    Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
    Tenth Doctor - David Tennant

Although at the moment mine is Tom Baker, I think after a couple more episodes David Tennant's going to take over.
    William Hartnell - the original (and best?)
    4.00%
    Patrick Troughton - Chaplin in space
    0.00%
    Jon Pertwee - fine and dandy
    2.00%
    Tom Baker - the archetype?
    22.00%
    Peter Davison - ever so sporting
    4.00%
    Colin Baker - colourful
    0.00%
    Sylvester McCoy - Ace!
    4.00%
    Paul McGann - short & sweet
    2.00%
    Christopher Ecclestone - fantastic
    26.00%
    David Tennant - new teeth, interesting...
    34.00%
    Peter Cushing - mwahahahaaa
    2.00%

So far Tom Baker, with Pertwee second,
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
      So, who is everybody's favourite Doctor? I don't want the Doctor you grew up with, like in Flying Officer Bennett's thread, but your favourite - the best. (Although in many cases it's likely to be the same)

In case you've forgotten your favourite, here's the list:
      First Doctor - William Hartnell
      Second Doctor - Patrick Troughton
      Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee
      Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
      Fifth Doctor - Peter Davison
      Sixth Doctor - Colin Baker
      Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
      Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
      Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
      Tenth Doctor - David Tennant

Although at the moment mine is Tom Baker, I think after a couple more episodes David Tennant's going to take over.
      Why don't you ask for a poll? We already have a thread for convo on Doctors and the like, and no not FOBs, there is another one dam it somewhere I can't find it... A poll would be good, PM a Mod and ask, aw... go on.

Comment

I took the liberty. We had a poll once before, but this one has more options

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          I took the liberty. We had a poll once before, but this one has more options
          Lol, I knew we had one somewhere. Now I just need to figure out who to vote for. This could take a while.

Comment

Alright it was a very tough choice but I had to go with Bill Hartnell, he is the template from which they all copy whether they realise it or not. Peter as runner up.

Comment

Tom Baker. Such a great guy and is recognised worlwdwide as THE Doctor.
              And he had the jellybabies , sonic screwdriver, K-9. He is simply the best.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

DT is brilliant, a kind of mish-mash of the ninth and fourth doctors. So he's my favourite.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Even though I grew up with Tom Baker my favourite was Sylvester McCoy, he was the start of the 'Darker' Doctors

Comment

Same as Reefgirl. Tom Baker from my childhood and Sylvester McCoy because thats when I got interested in Dr Who again. I hated Colin Baker.

Comment

Tom Baker. Not Colin, definitely not Colin.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Tom Baker.

Comment

Christopher Eccleston beacusle well hes the only person i seen play the part. while im here i might i as while ask this question why is there so many diffent doctors? is it beascuse the acters got tried of playing the roll or is it some thing to do with the story?

Comment

I liked Baker, Thats When My Father Got Me Hooked Onto Dr.Who ... I Haven't Really Seen Many Of The Others In Action, Just A Few But The Current Doctor Does A Brilliant Job As Well.

Comment

Tom Baker. Those were the best years for me. Peter Davison was a good follow up though. I had lost interest in Dr Who when the other Baker took over the TARDIS.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X