Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost the Game

http://selectivegamers.com/content/view/625/156/

It'll be cool if they can do it. But I'm not convinced it'll be any good. I mean it'd hae to be sepertae from the series. Unless it starts from the beginning and follows the story line.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Wasn't this done in the form of Myst, essentially?

Don't know that I'd play it, but I love a lot of the Ubisoft shooters...esp the Splinter Cell games.

I think they could put out a really quality product for this.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

umm i duno i dont think i would buy it
        charlie, sowyer and jack are defenetly the cutest boys in the world.if there was an award they would win with no problems

Comment

I'll have to wait for more news on this before I make a judgement either way.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Me and my friends have often thought of how good a LOST game would be!

Our idea is that you play as one of the other survivors and as you can participate in events going on in the show. You could hunt boar, explore etc. It would be non-linear as you could make different descisions such as go on the raft or stay on the island, etc. Practically every episode we list all the different choices you could make!

I think this sort of game would be good. I don't think a first person shooter stealth game where you have to infiltrate the hanso foundation would be good.

Comment

I hope it's not set on the island. They wouldn't be able to do anything that moved away from what's happening in the show, and there are only a few scenes per season that could be put into a game. If it was an important part of the storyline, anybody who didn't play it would miss out, so I doubt they'd do that.

It says "within the 'Lost' universe", so I'm guessing it's something to do with DHARMA/Hanso, that adds something to the story, but isn't totally necessary to understand the show.
              I'll probably wait for the reviews to decide whether to buy it.

Comment

I think there is still hope because the writers of lost are involved, rather than some independant game.

Comment

If they make it whilst Lost is still mid-life & they base the game on the Island, they can't give much away, leaving a unconcluded ending for the game, probably spoiling it.

If they make it after the Show, I'd doubt many people would buy it, mostly due to all the mystery being unfolded in the show. Leaving nothing much for the game. Unless they base it around another mystery after the show. But it could be repetetive of the show & not live up to it's potential.

They could base it around The Hanso Foundation (THF) & it's activities involving Lost & The Lost Expireince (TLE), but it might not have a concluded ending still, leaving it open for the series, spoiling the game.

They could base it around before the show, involving Adam & Eve or the Dharma Scientists (The Other's would have to be left open for the Series). Perhaps expalining a few mysteries of where they went to, how they died... This could tie in with the show, but anger people wanting the mysteries solved just in the series, not wanting to buy a game or vise versa...

It could focus around Rachel Blakes quest to investigate THF or Dr.Mittlewerk.
                  Spoiler:
                  Or Penelopes quest to find Desmond...

I really would focus on how much mystery they wanted to reveal with-in the game & series, which would result in clashes between the two... Hopefully, they'll settle it out & let the game & series live up to it's pottential.

Comment

I dunno...my fingers aren't exactly itching to play this one. But hey, we'll see. Maybe when I see some in-game screencaptures...
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I don't think it will follow the general story of the main plot, it may just focus on characters unknown or throw something into it that hasen't been see nor will be seen in the actual show, sounds average but lets wait and see?
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Well i'd b uy it, but well hows it going to be a rpg style game were you go round collecting things Myst style of Final fantasy srtyle or a action game?

Comment

I really hope that they can pull off a game that can do justice to this awesome show. It sounds like a Herculean effort because the show is entering its 3rd seasons and we still don't know what the heck is going on! And then there is the bad memory of what happened the last time I got my hopes up for a game that was based on one of my fav shows (The Xbox SG games May it rest in peace :'( Oh well...!
                          Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                          ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                          <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Well the Stargate game not played it yet, but well i ust hope this game isn't all out action that its a mixture of both that and FF or Myst style.

Comment

Bleh, I'm not conviced they could make a good game from the show, even though I would love it if they could.

By the sounds of it, this game is in really early stages of development, and while I don't know much about the game manufacturing industry, It seems good games take a couple of years to make. By then, Lost may be over, and fans may have moved on, or they rush it out to conincide with the shows final episode, and it is complete garbage.

Another thing, in my experince games based on movies, or T.V shows are often crap. (Starwars, Knights of the Old Republic being an exception )
                              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
                              X