This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Omnipedia

im not sure where to send this, so hopefully a moder can forward this...

i just wanted to submit some races I see are missing, that I found on the SCIFI website (http://www.scifi.com/stargate/welcome/aliens.html)

1) Argosians
    Native to the planet Argos, this race, which celebrates while the sun shines and drops to sleep the moment it sets, appears to age very rapidly; in Earth terms, an Argosian lifetime is approximately 100 days. First contact: "Brief Candle"

2) Bedrosians
    One of two cultures on the planet Bedrosia, this species has long been at war with their rivals, the Optricians regarding control of their planet's Stargate. The Bedrosians believe human life evolved without a gateway and was created by their god, Nefertum. First contact: "New Ground"

3) Enkarans
    These former slaves were relocated, with SG-1 help, from a Goa'uld colony to a new homeworld. Upon settling, however, they found their new planet being terraformed to permit habitation by another species, the Gadmeer, whose biology and the Enkarans' require mutually exclusive environments. First contact: "Scorched Earth"

4) Hankans
    Natives of the planet Hanka. Until recently, they practiced a rite of passage for young members involving "mind fire," an illness-like condition requiring a lone journey into a nearby forest and overnight survival. cassy's homeworld. First contact: "Rite of Passage"

5) Orbanians
    The planet Orban has a scientific-exchange program with Earth. The children of this race, while incredibly intelligent, have no concept of fun or play. First contact: "Learning Curve"

6) Shavadai
    Native to the planet Simarka, this species is similar to the ancient Mongols of Earth. First contact: "Emancipation"

7) Touched
    Native to the bifurcated planet P3X-797, whose two hemispheres are divided into permanent night and day, the Touched live on the dark side of their planet and are heavy-browed primitives with limited skills and brutal instincts. First contact: "The Broca Divide"

8) Zatarc
    This is not a planetary species, but the designation for a member of any species who has been subjected to Goa'uld mind-control technology and subconsciously programmed to kill, with their recollection of the procedure covered by false memories. Anyone who has come into contact with the Goa'uld could well be a Zatarc and be wholly unaware of the fact. First contact: "Divide And Conquer"

I WOULD LIKE TO HELP OUT WITH THIS PART OF THE WEBSITE, IF I CAN HELP AT ALL PM ME

I think David has said there are something like 700-plus entries for the Omnipedia waiting to be uploaded. It's only a matter of time.

Comment

Doesn't this thread belong in the GateWorld features forum?
      Rocky

Comment

Yep, not to worry! We've got these and a zillion more written and waiting to be published. We'll also be adding some very cool new sections.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          Yep, not to worry! We've got these and a zillion more written and waiting to be published. We'll also be adding some very cool new sections.
          Would you be willing to tell us what these new sections are? Also, do you have any idea when you will be getting these updates online? The Omnipedia is what drew me to GateWorld, so I ask the creator, how much longer??
          Rocky

Comment

Right now we are up to our eyeballs in new episodes, spoilers, photo galleries, reviews, transcripts, behind-the-scenes reports, interviews, columns, and ... er, more!

New episode season is always the busiest for keeping the site updated. We'll continue to pick away at the Omnipedia as time allows, until some free time lets me do big bunches of updates at a time. That has to come soon, lest David scratch out his (and my) eyes.

New sections and features we are toying with (no guarantees) include gate symbols (including planet addresses), alien languages, multimedia, and lots, lots more. We really see the Omnipedia as a fundamental part of what GateWorld is all about, and we'll also be cross-linking from the rest of the site more and more.

Comment

Cool! Thanks Darren.
              Rocky

Comment

Hey Darren and David! Thanks a bunch and can't wait to see any and all updates. Spare the eyeballs!
                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                once done, cannot be undone...
                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

We've got a LOT of good stuff coming. The next update you see will be a little newer than most...

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    We've got a LOT of good stuff coming. The next update you see will be a little newer than most...
                    Oh, great, now you got me even more excitied. You better make it soon, David.
                    Rocky

Comment

I was wondering if Atlantis will get their on omnipedia section or be inculed with the other. I hope it does.

Comment

Yep, Atlantis updates are coming sooner rather than later! The Omnipedia is an encyclopedia to the entire (canonical) Stargate universe, not just SG-1.

Comment

Oooo, I hope Princess Bloodfang gets an entry... j/k

Comment

Characters: Keeper, The

Comment

Spoiler space for The Lost City

So I guess "Glowing Jellyfish of Doom" is out of the question, then?
                              Last edited by Anthro Girl; 03 August 2004, 06:06 PM. Reason: add spoiler space...d'oh
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                              X