• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatecon 2004: A Backstage Pass

VIDEO SPECIAL:
    GATECON 2004:
    A BACKSTAGE PASS

Go backstage at the biggest Stargate convention in the world! GateWorld's very special, full-length video documentary includes conversations with Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, and many more.

WATCH IT ...
    (30MB, Windows Media Player required)

Wow! I'm really excited about this...but I can't watch it!

I have the latest version of windows media player and I've tried it in both internet explorer and Mozilla firefox...but it won't play.

Is it working for anyone else??

Comment

Make sure you have the WMP version 9 update from Microsoft.com. (My browser automatically prompted me to download the new codecs, which was fast and hands-free.)
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think it's working for most folks, since none of them are here right now lol

Comment

You guys are KILLING me with this stuff! I'm trapped with dial up until I get to work tomorrow...... *anguished howl!*

*kiwigater contemplates if 12.30am is too early to get to work for Mon am...*

I am SO looking forward to watching this, Thanks David (I assume you are responsible for the video???).

Comment

Two words, David: Teryl Rothery?! LOL!

Great stuff. If it wasn't so incredibly far past my bedtime, I'd comment more.

Oh and ha! One teensy appearance by me and that's it. I'm virtually unscathed!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              Make sure you have the WMP version 9 update from Microsoft.com. (My browser automatically prompted me to download the new codecs, which was fast and hands-free.)
              I do have WMP version 9...I downloaded it via the link on that page. But it still won't work.

All I get to see is the 'Gateworld: www.gateworld.net' on the blue background on the screen and the video will not progress past that.

As I said I've tried it in two separate browsers so I'm not sure what the problem could be

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Two words, David: Teryl Rothery?! LOL!

Great stuff. If it wasn't so incredibly far past my bedtime, I'd comment more.

Oh and ha! One teensy appearance by me and that's it. I'm virtually unscathed!
                Reaalllllyy???? David I think its your GW DUTY to make sure to point out Shadow...... *maniacal laighter...*

(assumes not everyone is identified in every frame - arggh! is it morning yet so I can go download it at work??? ).

Comment

all I am getting is that GW is down. Is that a problem for anyone else ??
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

not working for me either..

it tries to download and it says unable to open this file, please varify filename and path and try again.

it could also be that im on a mac - they're the scourge of the universe... very very evil. possibly more evil than say..... I don't know - Stargate Infinity?

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem could be
                      Sounds to me like you're not giving it enough time to load. If I pushed PLAY after thirty seconds of download time nothing would come up on my end either - that's because the data takes time. Give it ten or so minutes and then push play. Even on my 26.6k connection, after 10 mins I can get 5 mins into the documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                        Sounds to me like you're not giving it enough time to load. If I pushed PLAY after thirty seconds of download time nothing would come up on my end either - that's because the data takes time. Give it ten or so minutes and then push play. Even on my 26.6k connection, after 10 mins I can get 5 mins into the documentary.
                        Hmm I have broadband and I've given it far longer than ten mins to load *something*.

But I'll try this method again...I'll give it 30 mins and then see what I can see.

Comment

Do keep in mind that this is a very big file (30 MB), so if you are on dial-up it will take some time to download.

But the good news is that if you are seeing the animated blue GateWorld logo on the screen, you ARE successfully seeing the video stream (so you don't have WMP plug-in problems).

We hope it's worth the wait. David really out-did himself on this one.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            Do keep in mind that this is a very big file (30 MB), so if you are on dial-up it will take some time to download.

But the good news is that if you are seeing the animated blue GateWorld logo on the screen, you ARE successfully seeing the video stream (so you don't have WMP plug-in problems).

We hope it's worth the wait. David really out-did himself on this one.
                            Thanks Darren. Though I'm not sure what I'm seeing is animated exactly...it is animated in that it progresses from a black screen to the blue gateworld screen...then stops short.

Is that all it is supposed to do?

If I can't get it working today, I'll try the uni computers tomorrow.

Edited to add: I might try downloading the plug ins separately, even tho I have version 9.
                            Last edited by SaharaGate; 01 August 2004, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I skimmed through all the posts, but i have to say, thanks Gateworld, the video was very very nice !!! Especially at the beginning~!
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                              X