Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all seasons up to now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all seasons up to now)

Does anyone here watch 24?

I'm in the UK and we're currently on episode thirteen and it's great. I know in the US they only have three or four more episodes to go. Getting great!
    __

__

YES! I'm a huge fan... I won't spoil anything for you... but it does get good!
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I love 24!!! Jack is sooo gorgious... for an older man that is...

What season are you up to? I've just finsihed season 3.
      Shipper Haven eBay Page --- Shipper Haven Website
      Shipper Haven Facebook Page --- Shipper Haven Twitter Page
      Shipper Haven - A safe haven for you and your TV, Movie and Literary ships.

Comment

Same here, we finished season three last week!
        __

__

Comment

Anyone watch this excellent "Thriller" show. Jack Bauer is awesome. Keifer Sutherland definately has a winner in this show.

What is your favorite Day (season) so far??? I really liked Season 2! That has some of the coolest twists...
          Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
          - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
          - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
          Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
          Mayboune: *shrugs*
          - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

4-1-2-3 I believe, can't remember 1-3 that well anymore.

S4 is great. Love Chloe and the fat geek(can't remember his name)

Comment

We've got a Season Four thread going in the off-topic area of the forum.

Comment

started watching season 3, season 4 is awesome. o there's another thread...well anyway the fat geeks name is Edgar to answer your question Anubis

Comment

I have to admit that I don't watch this show...conflicting schedules, but I saw a story that FOX has started airing "Muslim-friendly" commercials because of recent story lines.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

hmm, i havent noticed that i'll keep an eye out now. I guess they r forced to but it's not like in season 3 when the terrorists was english that they were showing pro-UK commercials.

Comment

Season Two would probably be my favourite season of 24 so far.

Comment

Has anyone been watching the recent 24 episodes? Did anyone get mad with the treatment Sarah got for being accused
                        Spoiler:
                        of being a spy
                        ? Sure made me mad.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Every season has had its parts that should of been canned (spoilers)

(a.k.a - anmesia in season one, kate warner/marie warner banter in the beggining hours of season two, jack breaking ramone salizar out of prison in season three because, paraphrasing, "It's the only choice we have Mr. President").

overall, I'd say season 1 was the best - 2 got too overdramatic in the last eight hours or so. 3 was good, but nothing special. 4 is pretty darn good so far. there are some problems, but oh well - we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Comment

Whats wrong with S4? I totally love it, although i was dissapointed that some of the characters i loved last year left.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Days 1 and 3 were really good. In 2 they were pulling all sortsa stupid stunts to give Elisha Cuthbert some screen time. I mean Cougers and lonely cabing guy? and then the store robbery. come on! Other than that, it was enjoyable. Day 3 was a little offputting when Nina gets bauer to put in a code on the satphone that screws up the CTU systems and opens the agent database to the internet. Now why wouldn't a place like the CTU not have some isloated redundant systems. And why the hell would the servers with the agent database have internet connections in the first place?

Day Four just put me off right at the beginning when the guy was downloading Microsoft and Adobe software with Matrix style scrolling text in the downloading window.

I'm still watching it though. It does seem interesting.

Regarding this being seen as unfriendly to Islam and Fox not having to put on any "British friendly" commercials for series 3, The series 3 "bad guy" was properly introduced with the background explained. Bauer was also pointing out countless times that he is/was a good guy. The muslim family in series 4 were not introduced in any way except for showing the whole family is involved in whatever is going down, with no explenation given as to why this family is doing this. And this family is made to look so evil, even darth vader would be slowly stepping backwards with his arms raised, if he accidentaly stepped on their lawn.

Being a British muslim I thought I'd lend some perspective on this issue. And I'm up to hour 4 I think, as per the Sky One schedule. So I would appreciate it if any info for subsequent episodes are put in spoiler space.

So far it has been subpar. IMO the only way they could raise it is by bring back Mandy.
                              Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Working...
                              X