How do you make PDFs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make PDFs?

I'm just curious if you guys use the expensive adobe program to make the PDF files or do you just use the free service on the adobe website?

I've thought about writing my own series and i wanna know how can make the scripts into PDF files.

Some programs like Open Office give you the option to publish files as PDFS. You can download cutepdf, which installs as a printer but saves PDFS too.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

http://www.pdf995.com/

its free, and it acts as a printer, so you can print anything to a PDF file. It is of course, ad sponsored. No spyware/adware though, it just takes you to the website of a sponsor everytime you print.

Comment

There are actually a great deal of programs that can be used to make PDFs. I've tried a couple and PDF Redirect wins the competition, in my mind. I'd actually recommend to Alex that Horizon use this over CutePDF...this program leaves no watermark, making the Horizon scripts look a little better, IMO.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
          There are actually a great deal of programs that can be used to make PDFs. I've tried a couple and PDF Redirect wins the competition, in my mind. I'd actually recommend to Alex that Horizon use this over CutePDF...this program leaves no watermark, making the Horizon scripts look a little better, IMO.
          Thanks. I'll definitely take a look at that.

I agree. We could really do without those watermarks on the front pages of the episodes.
          Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

no watermarks on my application as well

in fact it just performs as the great original adobe acrobat writer

Comment

I just use Microsoft Word on Mac to print to PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler
                no watermarks on my application as well

in fact it just performs as the great original adobe acrobat writer
                The difference is that PDF reDirect has no ads.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                  The difference is that PDF reDirect has no ads.
                  perhaps, but nothing in this world is free. I doubt a group of software programmers decided out of good will and kindness to devote some time to develop that program without some gain.

There is probably spyware or something in it. We never know do we?

Comment

perhaps, but nothing in this world is free. I doubt a group of software programmers decided out of good will and kindness to devote some time to develop that program without some gain.
                    Firefox, Thunderbird, etc...

There is probably spyware or something in it. We never know do we?
                    I've run numerous scans and nothing has ever showed up. There is a professional (ie you pay for it) version available--this is like a stripped down version--probably ideally designed to serve as a demo.
                    Rocky

Comment

Working...
                    X