min i sec from episode 1x01-02 Rising:

17:06 - Canada - ofc. Roodney everywhere
    17:06 - United States - no comments
    17:07 - Spain (look too 27:27)
    17:11 - Great Britain (look 30:53)
    17:19 - unknown...
    17:21 - unknown - Greece, Uruguay?
    17:28 - Russia
    17:35 - New Zealand (or Australia, but no big star in left part)
    17:46 - Scotland - ofc. dr. Beckett
    17:57 - Philippines
    18:04 - Japan (20:12 i 25:29)
    18:27 - hmm... Serbia (or upside-down... Russia, bug?) - see serbian flag: http://www.flags.net/YURE.htm
    18:28 - Germany
    18:33 - hmm... Mali? i think Belgium
    19:37 - unknown, maybe South Africa ?
    20:01 - Zimbabwe
    22:26 - Belgium (20:13)
    24:31 - Sweden
    30:53 - Great Britain
    53:54 and 1:24:39 - unknown (i have no idea, Yugoslavia or Paraguay upside-down too?)

no one China and France
    no one Poland
    Country flags - http://www.flag-net.com
    Asen (true i don't speak english...)
    Last edited by Lotan; 01 August 2004, 09:51 AM.

53:54 guy looks Asian....to me...may be he's Chinese?

Comment

The actress that plays Dr. Weir said that they have Chek Republic guys in an episode.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
        The actress that plays Dr. Weir said that they have Chek Republic guys in an episode.
        SHE DID NOT SAY THAT! ALL WE KNOW IS HE WAS SPEAKING CZECH!!!!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

McKay said in 38 minutes that that guy is Czech/Chek (however you spell it) !

Comment

Can I ask why the "british" members have the Union flag, and Dr Beckett has a Scotish flag? Either the ones with the Union should have a English/Welsh/N. Irish flag or Beckett should have a Union. In fairness I think it should be the former, as I would really like to know if they put a Welshman on Atlantis

PS. I'm English, not Welsh by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by danielctull
              Can I ask why the "british" members have the Union flag, and Dr Beckett has a Scotish flag? Either the ones with the Union should have a English/Welsh/N. Irish flag or Beckett should have a Union. In fairness I think it should be the former, as I would really like to know if they put a Welshman on Atlantis

PS. I'm English, not Welsh by the way.
              It's obvious, the choice is of the member. Beckett has decided to represent his country of Scotland and the GB guy has decided to represent the whole of Great Britain instead of just England or Wales etc. There's no error or anything, I'm in England and i would pick the english flag, but it's optional, and it could be that someone is half English half Welsh and is wanting to represent both nations.
              spook

Comment

Downfall, what do you have invested in that guy NOT being Czech? You have been very sure of it across a couple of threds now.

And one of those unknown flags looks to me like costuming just put a Russia flag on upside down.

Comment

DownfallAngel is just a crazy ***** that really needs to calm down.

OH LOOK I WAS RIGHT!!!!!! I'LL ACT LIKE A THREE YEAR OLD BECAUSE THE DUMBASS WAS WRONG!!!!!

"We have McKay, who's a Canadian. We have Grodin, who's British. We had in the last episode, which actually airs the third episode, we had a Czechoslovakian. " -Torri Higginson
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                    "...we had a Czechoslovakian. " -Torri Higginson
                    The nation of Czechoslovakia split peacefully into two countries on Jan. 1, 1993. The western provinces of Bohemia and Moravia became the Czech Republic, while the eastern section became Slovakia.
                    Asen
                    (Poland is very near...

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                      53:54 guy looks Asian....to me...may be he's Chinese?
                      Jeez...since when is a person's appearance ever a surefire indication of his nationality?
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        Downfall, what do you have invested in that guy NOT being Czech? You have been very sure of it across a couple of threds now.
                        Major Fischer, what do you have invested in that guy BEING Czech...currently? I'm not saying he is or he isn't, only that it has not yet been established either way. All we know is that he speaks Czech. This little tidbit has absolutely nothing to do with the character's current nationality or even the nation he represents in Atlantis...both of which could be countries other than Czechoslovakia.

Yes, we can dream...but until we see the flag on his arm, all we know is that he speaks Czech...with an accent.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I don't, I proposed the immigrant theory in the other thred about this, but I'm also not the one screaming.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Prof. Zelenka from 1x04 (38 minutes) must be Czech, but we don't know: he's representing Czech Republik, or he's American of Czech origin.

from another topics:
                              - According to the Gateworld synopsis the actor's name is David Nykl. He was born in Prague. ( http://www.davidnykl.com )
                              - veneticuss wrote: "...he IS Czech. He said 5 senteces completely correctly. With central Bohemian accent."

So... maybe will see czech flag in next episodes... maybe polish too...

Comment

Working...
                              X