Kyle XY Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle XY Discussion/Appreciation

I saw an ad for this upcoming series last night on ABC. It will air on the ABC Family Channel which is not usually a channel I watch but this sounds interesting enough though I suspect it will have some definite soapy leanings.

From TV.com

Kyle XY follows a mysterious boy who looks like a teenager, but otherwise appears to be a newborn. The Trager family takes him in as one of their own. Writers J. Mackye Gruber and Eric Bress ("The Butterfly Effect") will executive produce with David Himelfarb ("Rodney," "My Wife and Kids"). Produced by Touchtone. 10 Episodes - 1st Season
    You can watch the preview here: http://abcfamily.go.com/kylexy/preview1/

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

I saw that too, thought I might check it out. From the trailer seemed to have shades of John Doe but you are right that ABC family tends to lean towards the real soapy end of the drama spectrum.

Comment

Looks very interesting! I wonder if he's a test-tube baby or something like that! He has no belly button!
      sigpic

Comment

That does look interesting. Did anyone watch John Doe? That opening shot is identical to the opening shot of John Doe.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

John Doe Junior? I wonder if the untold "revelation" from JD will be played in Kyle XY instead.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
            That does look interesting. Did anyone watch John Doe? That opening shot is identical to the opening shot of John Doe.
            I really didn't follow John Doe...but I have see that sequence that you're mentioning. What's it with naked guys in the woods?
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know... but it's kind of sexy. Must be a primitive response.

I liked John Doe and I definitely see the similarities. I'd sooner have JD back, than this newer version but that's not going to happen....so I may check this one out and see how it goes.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                I don't know... but it's kind of sexy. Must be a primitive response.

I liked John Doe and I definitely see the similarities. I'd sooner have JD back, than this newer version but that's not going to happen....so I may check this one out and see how it goes.
                Me too! However...the no belly button look is interesting!
                sigpic

Comment

Wait a minute! Was that Nick Lea in the preview!?!?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Oh my word! It IS!!

http://www.nicklea.com/

(sorry--HUGE Nick Lea fan)

Comment

Mmmm.... Ratboy. Might have to tune in after all. LOL!

As for the nekkid thing, Profit had John Doe beat by a good number of years. He slept nekkid in a cardboard box every night.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

As for the nekkid thing, Profit had John Doe beat by a good number of years. He slept nekkid in a cardboard box every night.

Aww... someone who remembers Profit besides me! he was one sexy psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Ratboy?

Profit?

Cardboard box?

I think I've missed a lot....

Comment

Well I don't know about Ratboy but Profit was a very short lived tv series from the 90s that in typical Fox tradition, they canceled all too soon. It was pretty unusual, given that the main character was pretty much psychotic. Burned his father alive, was kept in a cardboard box as a child and still slept in one as an adult. In other words...good fun.

Comment

Profit was AWESOME. And Adrian Pasdar? Total droolage.

Ratboy was the nickname fans gave to Nick Lea's XF character Krycek.

I've heard Profit is on DVD. Or at least it pops up on ebay. I may have to snag it one of these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X